P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Morning all,

-2 here, with a feel of -7.

Up early for breakfast before heading over to the airport building to check in.

I haven't got WiFi on board so will only be able to catch up with you if I pick it up while ashore.

Have a good and stay safe and warm.

Pam

If you have a data package on your mobile and it allows roaming within your allowance in the EU, you can tether via Buetooth to a tablet. Works well whilst in port, using it now. Jut remember to switch to Aeroplane mode as soon as you cast off.

• Like 1

Good morning all it’s lovely and sunny here today in southbourne -1 at the moment so warming up😁 DH has gone walking to McDonald’s with grandson for breakfast to exercise his knees and not his belly 😂 I’m watch the Australian tennis and staying in the warm , off to pictures tomorrow with grandkids to see Wonka .

Avril I hope you are both feeling a lot better and Frank is doing well after coming out of hospital best wishes to you both .

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all it’s lovely and sunny here today in southbourne -1 at the moment so warming up😁 DH has gone walking to McDonald’s with grandson for breakfast to exercise his knees and not his belly 😂 I’m watch the Australian tennis and staying in the warm , off to pictures tomorrow with grandkids to see Wonka .

Avril I hope you are both feeling a lot better and Frank is doing well after coming out of hospital best wishes to you both .

Frank's doing well thank you. He's coming on so much better now he's home and more comfortable. He has an appointment at the hospital Feb 6th to see how things are progressing🤞We both still have this awful cold that he picked up at the  hospital and so kindly passed on to me.🙄

I think you have the best idea Sandra, stay in and keep warm, which we fully intend to do😊

Avril

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Unfortunately the transition into milder weather does come with consequences, with very strong winds forecast for Sunday afternoon, evening and overnight. 20 years ago during a storm we lost a whole section of roof tiles and it was scary, so I’m always a bit apprehensive when storms are forecast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

No ice here apart from in my drink. Walked to the local Lidl early doors, I found a nice Rioja for E 2.29, the fridge is full. Sat out for several hours, we thought when we arrived and the sun was on the patio we wouldn't get the morning sun but Oh yes we do. Just had tea on the patio and watched the sun go down. A great start to our jollie.

Sounds perfect - have a wonderful time.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

So excited today

We are being collected from azamara in Richards Bay to go to an amazing Safari lodge for an overnight stay

The pictures look stunning. Take a look!

https://www.instagram.com/mfulawozi_wilderness?igsh=MXZhNDh3YWZnbGtuZw==

Our first proper safari experience

Enjoy - we did one from Richard’s Bay but only for the day.  It was fabulous.

18 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I miss Wowzz pithy contributions.

I do believe he was a big cheese in the cheese  world and you too like your cheeses 😋 

I see Annie Lenox has opened a shop as well.😊

image.png.a85127533bca013d11002a7beb6b9a78.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 8

41 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

For those of you who know Trentham Gardens this was the lake this morning around 10ish, and of course one of our gorgeous little girlie Cheddar, 5 months old now and growing fast!

Screenshot_20240119-153219_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240119-153305_Gallery.jpg

Cheddar is lovely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone know of any nice caravan / lodge sites not too far from Southampton, say less than an hour drive (with no ferry)?

We always just go down, stay a night and board a ship. It would be nice to have time to explore a bit more and we enjoy a (well appointed) caravan holiday.

We spent a couple of nights the last time but got stuck in the hotel because of the storm. The best laid plans.

3 hours ago, kalos said:

I do believe he was a big cheese in the cheese  world and you too like your cheeses 😋 

I see Annie Lenox has opened a shop as well.😊

image.png.a85127533bca013d11002a7beb6b9a78.png

Did you know that chedder is actually a verb and not a noun. Cheddering is a process and that’s why Chedder the place can’t claim a geographical restriction like say Stilton.

Yes I am really that much of a nerd.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Anyone know of any nice caravan / lodge sites not too far from Southampton, say less than an hour drive (with no ferry)?

We always just go down, stay a night and board a ship. It would be nice to have time to explore a bit more and we enjoy a (well appointed) caravan holiday.

We spent a couple of nights the last time but got stuck in the hotel because of the storm. The best laid plans.

Apologies for the interruption…

Best “Lodge” can be found at https://www.limewoodhotel.co.uk/stay

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

We stayed here for a few days whilst we were wondering if a static caravan would suit us

There are some very nice lodges on the site, and it is well kept.  Didn’t use any of the restaurants and the like (if they were even open - it was very much in early you-know-what time) so can’t comment on those

https://www.shorefield.co.uk/holidays/locations/shorefield-country-park

• Thanks 1

Just now, Eddie99 said:

We stayed here for a few days whilst we were wondering if a static caravan would suit us

There are some very nice lodges on the site, and it is well kept.  Didn’t use any of the restaurants and the like (if they were even open - it was very much in early you-know-what time) so can’t comment on those

Thanks Eddie. I have never heard of Shorefield holidays before so will be having a browse. 

Thats why it is always worth asking for other people’s experiences / knowledge on here. Everyone is always so helpful.

6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Aah hubby and I stayed there in 1989! It was fine and we had fantastic weather but I believe they’ve added more pools etc since we went!

On 1/18/2024 at 9:15 AM, Purdey16 said:

Phil and mrs YP have a great 6 weeks in fuerteventura, where are you staying, what part ? and are you hiring a car to get around the island? 

We are staying in Caleta de Fuste, we had a week here many years ago and said we would come back, a bit different now of course but still fairly quiet. We don't bother hiring cars now as they tend to spend most of their time parked up. We like to use the bus and take a few tours. 

• Like 6