P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Yep they do more good than  harm ... I think Indiana has just run away 🥴

cf561a77af1ae1a525f48ff449a7f285.gif.c18a8974bd39d6e8e1b24f96e25e7d53.gif

@Adawn47 Mrs K has said to pass these breads onto you she got from ASDA

I have just had a fish finger salad wrap with a bit of mint yogurt 😋

Very tasty !       20240330_124542.thumb.jpg.2ebf554d49dc9313ea1a7c78d060d0e2.jpg Low salt ! 

Now on my order for Wednesday, as well as some fish fingers.😊

Thank you Mrs K👍

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Have now arrived in Southampton and can see Iona from our room.

20240330_161532.jpg

Arvia is on the way. Jean can probably see her with her special binoculars.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

On your recommendation I have just started on series one and have watched the first two episodes. I like it already. I’m not normally keen on subtitles, but I’ll persevere with this. Thanks!

It gets better as it goes along .... by series 3 I was willing my day away so I could catch the next episode 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9940e099452de9c75e4e578130a41591.jpg.8115685061d2722991447c3dace3b6cb.jpg

I'm ahead of my time today .For the first time in years I have changed the time 

on the cars clock 😀 As a rule  I remember to change it in the middle of May 🤒

I have even done the oven clock , everything else will change it's self .

Now I'm left with a dilemma ? Do I go to bed an hour early or later or just stay

up until 1am.🤔🙃

• Haha 9

Lovely sunny day here in Dorset today and against my better judgement I went on a organised walk which I thought was just around studland beach, No ! ! We parked the car just after getting off the ferry which took a ages to queue for , meet up with everyone and walk to old Harry Rocks , me with my plantar fasciitis and heal spurs and forgetting my inhaler, walking up a huge hill , luckily my granddaughter lent me her inhaler as I struggled a little, anyway I did it and was rewarded with wonderful views looking over swanage, down to Harry rocks and looking over Bournemouth and Poole , then queuing again for the chain ferry home to a lovely coconut and lime chicken curry I made first thing this morning, and my foot on ice for the past 2 hours, anyway some pictures of my day today.

IMG_5489.jpeg

IMG_5490.jpeg

IMG_5493.jpeg

IMG_5505.jpeg

IMG_5509.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

IMG_5513.jpeg

IMG_5515.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Well that was an expensive first mowing of the lawn this year, my trusty 10 year old Bosch lawnmower gave up after I had done 75% of the bottom lawn, the switch that you hold just snapped off in my hand and it just stopped. A quick trip to B&Q and got a replacement, another Bosch, very similar to my old on but much lighter, plus 15% off weekend, so if was going to break it choose best weekend to do so.

Quickly assembled and finished off both top and bottom lawns, (our garden is terraced as we are on side of a hill)

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Lovely sunny day here in Dorset today and against my better judgement I went on a organised walk which I thought was just around studland beach, No ! ! We parked the car just after getting off the ferry which took a ages to queue for , meet up with everyone and walk to old Harry Rocks , me with my plantar fasciitis and heal spurs and forgetting my inhaler, walking up a huge hill , luckily my granddaughter lent me her inhaler as I struggled a little, anyway I did it and was rewarded with wonderful views looking over swanage, down to Harry rocks and looking over Bournemouth and Poole , then queuing again for the chain ferry home to a lovely coconut and lime chicken curry I made first thing this morning, and my foot on ice for the past 2 hours, anyway some pictures of my day today.

IMG_5489.jpeg

IMG_5490.jpeg

IMG_5493.jpeg

IMG_5505.jpeg

IMG_5509.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

IMG_5513.jpeg

IMG_5515.jpeg

Lovely photos.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1d45a08d5da9e7e8d21867c3b77f7b77.jpg.b63f627dca99355d740b71cb79810781.jpg

Good morning only 2.c here today and overcast .

I hope everyone has a good Easter day ,even though it's a hour shorter 🙂

Take care ,be good and be happy  !

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, 

Happy Easter everyone, hope you all have a good day. 

Not so bright and sunny, but can see Arvia. Don't know whatvto do today as have a lot of time to kill as boarding time isn't until 3.30pm. 

20240331_075323.jpg

• Like 13

Wishing a very Happy Easter to those who celebrate and a lovely day to those who don't - see how politically correct I'm being here. Oh bugger it - just have a great day everyone! Jane xx

• Like 6
  • Haha 10

Happy Easter everyone!

I have not told Freddie that the clocks changed overnight, so we are still on “old time” as far as his stomach is concerned.

Yesterday was glorious here in Dorset (BTW @Purdey16 - I loved your photos) and I even sat in the garden, without a coat on, to have my morning coffee.

Gill x

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Happy Easter everyone. 🙂

Here's hoping that the sun will show up again today. Two days in a row !! :classic_smile:

It's 9˚C and the sky is as grey as a badger: uniformly grey, uninterrupted grey, unchangingly grey, unmercifully grey... denying the very concept of light, colour and vitality.

So here's a pic. from our last river cruise a few months ago... of a vigorously exciting ginormous egg for this Easter Day... a chance to guess which café it might be found in.

DSC_2951.thumb.jpeg.2b5d30e3ef809aaf1b977ac6476f82ea.jpeg

And another pic of the view from the café servery just to give a bit more of a clue.

image.thumb.jpeg.671268990cfb35563125c0af81fd1f3c.jpeg

We're looking forward to warmer days, brighter walks and wearing less layers. The pair of Robins serving their brood in the ivy on our patio... seem to be looking forward to their off springs fledging... the two adults look shattered at the moment.

Hope everyone has something nice to look forward to.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Happy Easter everyone. 🙂

Here's hoping that the sun will show up again today. Two days in a row !! :classic_smile:

It certainly seems to be sunny here in Wales. Breakfast outside overlooking the sea coming up (maybe).

They say Easter eggs are suffering from shrinkflation. I can think of no better reason to increase the number you consume. Any contributions welcome. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

13 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

IMG_5489.jpeg

IMG_5490.jpeg

IMG_5493.jpeg

IMG_5505.jpeg

IMG_5509.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

IMG_5513.jpeg

IMG_5515.jpeg

We stayed at knowle house last year and did that walk. That's a nice walk...how do we get back ?🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning, 

Happy Easter everyone, hope you all have a good day. 

Not so bright and sunny, but can see Arvia. Don't know whatvto do today as have a lot of time to kill as boarding time isn't until 3.30pm. 

20240331_075323.jpg

Just sit and eat chocolate.  Most of the shops will be shut in town.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Wishing a very Happy Easter to those who celebrate and a lovely day to those who don't - see how politically correct I'm being here. Oh bugger it - just have a great day everyone! Jane xx

Just say happy easter everyone. Those that don't want to be happy can stay grumpy and miserable.

Less politically correct Zap

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Just sit and eat chocolate.  Most of the shops will be shut in town.

I know. Just sitting reading. Quarter of the way through my book already!

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I know. Just sitting reading. Quarter of the way through my book already!

Sitting around and waiting is the worst thing, but all good things come to those who wait, and a cruise is one of the best. Not much longer now😊

Have a lovely cruise.

Avril

• Like 7