P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning!

It's bright. It's sunny and it's a coldish 8˚C but so much better than it threatened to be last night when we went to the theatre in Richmond to see the play 2:22. It was a great night out... promise not to ruin the very ghostly play by giving away the plot!

IMG_3776.thumb.jpeg.7a73c60feb2efeaec95c42c2b73f1f9c.jpeg

We had a meal before the show... The pint of Cornish Cider was refreshing, the haddock and chips with crushed minted peas were perfect and the puddings were comfortingly indulgent.

IMG_3754.thumb.jpeg.bdeeb220a08f89aabacb621decc7b2a3.jpeg

IMG_3757.thumb.jpeg.438d5e9273b372f2d1a9449380f2750b.jpeg

IMG_3762.thumb.jpeg.63da768e9bdb453452ad14660f34f6ad.jpeg

IMG_3765.thumb.jpeg.8e89a613faced6c7776ae09b869de6d9.jpeg

IMG_3767.thumb.jpeg.b4a40ada7fc3718db13a62164ac19cc8.jpeg

Rick Stein has a very good restaurant not far from the theatre... but this wasn't it.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a very long holiday weekend.

• Like 19

7c, bright and light breeze here at the moment. MIL is round for lunch today and it’s home made fish pie including cod, haddock and salmon. 

Tomorrow we are driving down to spend a few days at my sister and BIL who live near London, it will be the first time that we have met since November 2019, although we have had regular zoom calls over the past 4 years. On Sunday our cousin and family from New Zealand are coming around to meet up and have afternoon tea, and on Monday we are going into central London to meet up with friends that we made last year on a cruise. So quite a busy weekend for us.

Have a good weekend everyone 🐣🐥🐇🐑🥚

• Like 18

Good morning ,5.c and overcast on this Good Friday .

Just scanning the TV pages to see what great films are on to get us 

in the Easter mood ?  Ghostbusters The Afterlife 🤒🥴

Hope you all have a relaxing day and give the washer a rest as putting 

your whites and sheets out to dry is NOT ALLOWED !  as my Nan would 

have told you .

Looking at what you can do is eat fish ,so even though we had a chippy

the other day,I will be convincing Mrs K we need another chippy meal today .

I will just keep singing  I Want My Chippie Tea until she gives in 😀

Hope you all have a great time and the weathers good to you .Take Care !

• Like 17
  • Haha 3

I’m off on my travels tomorrow so just finishing packing.  No WiFi this time so I’ll catch up with all your news in 10 days.

Have a blessed Easter and I hope the weather where you are for the holiday weekend is better than the dull wet day I have here.

• Like 18

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,5.c and overcast on this Good Friday .

Just scanning the TV pages to see what great films are on to get us 

in the Easter mood ?  Ghostbusters The Afterlife 🤒🥴

have told you .

Looking at what you can do is eat fish ,so even though we had a chippy

the other day,I will be convincing Mrs K we need another chippy meal today .

I will just keep singing  I Want My Chippie Tea until she gives in 😀

Hope you all have a great time and the weathers good to you .Take Care !

Against my better judgement, I clicked on the link to the Lancashire Hotpots 😉. I only say that because I have a good friend who is a really keen uke player and Lancashire Hotpots fan - and this gets sung at every opportunity!

I like the line in it about chips and peas being known as 'a split' in St Helens (where I grew up). When I taught in Wigan, not many miles away, I had to learn a whole new language, including the term for chips and peas being 'a mixture'. 'Overslept' became 'overlied' in Wigan. It always fascinates me how language and dialect changes within a few miles.

A sunny morning here in West Lancashire, but not expected to last. We are going out for lunch to my favourite Italian 🥂. DH is leaving me for a couple of days from Sunday morning so I shall be gloriously alone for 48 hours or more well, apart from visits to some old folk I see to deliver Easter eggs. My family have all gone off to France and good for them. Time for the romcoms to get an airing methinks and very easy food. I certainly won't be faffing making a proper Sunday lunch for one, Easter Sunday or not 😉.

I wish you all a pleasant Easter weekend.

• Like 13

Still very breezy down here and 10c but expected to rise, but it is dry and the sun is doing it's best to come out, which is a plus.

Waiting for a Tesco delivery today, no substitutions or items unavailble, so all good.

Need to find birthday card and get it in the post, and finish packing today ready for the off tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good Easter weekend.

• Like 8

Looking like a sunshine and showers day after yesterday’s deluges, my drive got flooded yesterday after the new garage doors were fitted. Appears the soak away is struggling to soak away as the group is saturated and nowhere for excess water to go. Flood warnings have been issued for rivers locally yet again, lost count how many times this has happened in the last 6 months. 

Looks like tomorrow is a rare dry day, so I will mow the lawn as grass is currently at least 4 inches long. At some point will need to jet wash patios as the wet weather has encouraged most, lichen and other slimy things to grow. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 12

After an extraordinarily wet and windy yesterday, it is better here today with the odd glimpse of sunshine. Lots of trees and branches down locally.

Everywhere is just so waterlogged - surely we will all escape hosepipe bans this summer?

Wishing all the CC family a great weekend.

Gill x

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m off on my travels tomorrow so just finishing packing.  No WiFi this time so I’ll catch up with all your news in 10 days.

Have a blessed Easter and I hope the weather where you are for the holiday weekend is better than the dull wet day I have here.

Happy travels and hopefully the sun will shine for you.   It’s actually quite bright here this morning but not for long I think!   

• Like 7

Good morning, happy Good Friday, just had our hot x buns ( not homemade this year, as didn’t seem worth the effort for just 2 of us, eldest ds doesn’t like them & youngest staying on at uni to finish his dissertation…..). Have decorated our led stick tree with hanging eggs  as usual, a traditional started by my mum after visiting my sister living in Germany a few years back.

Well last night was unexpected. We had to rush dinner as ds announced he needed to see someone in pz at 7.30 & could he have a lift as no bus. I didn’t feel like going along for the ride but dh persuaded me to keep him company while ds had his meeting, (he selling Lego kits & bits on line). Anyway we got to Penzance, drew into the car park & there’s youngest ds waiting for us! 😅. The devil  had sneaked down last minute on the train & only told his brother last minute was coming! 😂
Have a great day, hope there’s some sun for all at some point! 

• Like 13

Mrs. Goggins...

I can't highlight to quote your post (goodness knows why) but have a great weekend just lounging around on your own.... romcoms, magazines, chocolate, buns and cake and most importantly Prosecco!!!😄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

7c, bright and light breeze here at the moment. MIL is round for lunch today and it’s home made fish pie including cod, haddock and salmon. 

Tomorrow we are driving down to spend a few days at my sister and BIL who live near London, it will be the first time that we have met since November 2019, although we have had regular zoom calls over the past 4 years. On Sunday our cousin and family from New Zealand are coming around to meet up and have afternoon tea, and on Monday we are going into central London to meet up with friends that we made last year on a cruise. So quite a busy weekend for us.

Have a good weekend everyone 🐣🐥🐇🐑🥚

Have a wonderful weekend visiting your sister and brother in law and the rest of your family.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Have a lovely time away and I hope you get plenty of sunshine 🌞 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, kalos said:

have told you .

Kalos I decided to do washing this morning, washing some rain coats for charity since I have brought new ones this year, and when I went to get them out one had disintegrated all on the arms 😂😂😂 and left a mess in the machine, went straight in the bin , I didn’t think I had it that long to do that and it was not a cheap coat to start with, so I will take note and not do anymore washing this weekend 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

I can't highlight to quote your post (goodness knows why) 

Try refreshing the page, that should do it. If not sign out and back in again🤞

Avril

• Like 1

Finally managed to fit 2 houses of clobber into 1.Fitted 3 extra shelves in wardrobe,1 extra under stairs for shoes and 5 bagfulls for charity shop☺️.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 12

15 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Finally managed to fit 2 houses of clobber into 1.Fitted 3 extra shelves in wardrobe,1 extra under stairs for shoes and 5 bagfulls for charity shop☺️.

Shopping List

4 shelves,

1tin of lubricant,

1 very large shoe horn.

Well done bro, you've earned a 🥃 

or 3😉

Sis

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Mrsgoggins can you explain to me what romcoms are please?🤔

Avril is quite correct. Romantic comedies - the sort of thing that DH would not choose to watch, or if he went along with it (which he would do) could be guaranteed to nod off during the film! I have been saving pre-recorded Shirley Valentine for such an occasion and was hoping for Pretty Woman, The Proposal (Sandra Bullock) or Overboard (Goldie Hawn) to be on somewhere, but I think I'm out of luck. I'll find something though. The documentaries can wait ....... 😉

What I would really love to do is binge watch 'Seaside Hotel' on 4+ (channel 4's free streaming service). I won't though, because DH likes it too, and as we are on series 7 of 9 series, I want them to last. If you have not heard of Seaside Hotel, a Danish hit series, I can recommend it as both charming and interesting. The Times said that it would be appreciated by fans of Downton Abbey, which I didn't watch, but I pass that along in case it is of interest to others. The fashions from the 20s and 30s are fabulous IMHO.

I may just have a go at Avril's custard tart recipe, but because I love a good custard tart and I will be alone.... maybe I should wait! 😋

• Like 8

Decided to go up to Mowcop this morning on the way home.from church.

The views were incredibly clear and the skies awesome. There were rainbows everywhere. If you zoom in you'll see massive rainbow colours in the skies in the distance. Been a lovely day here despite some heavy showers. 

20240329_120118.jpg

20240329_120233.jpg

20240329_121249.jpg

• Like 11