P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

When I read through your interesting and incredibly written posts I often wonder if you were a journalist or something similar. 🤫

Kalos with his wonderful jokes and @Selbourne with his fascinating travel blogs are two others who have a way with words.

I thought exactly the same about TwoTravellers Avril.  Got to be. 

And as for the other two...well!  You've said it all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Quite a pleasant sunny day here, putting together new greenhouse staging, put the old staging on a local sales page free to collector, within 15 mins had 3 enquiries, first one is on her way to collect. 

Lady came to pick up staging with her husband, she drove but needed crutches to walk, he husband was blind. Fortunately they had an electric people carrier and the staging went in the back with no problem. She is having an accessible greenhouse built so she can get in the greenhouse to tend the succulents she grows, the staging is just the right height for her when she is in her wheelchair. I am glad the staging is going to be put to good use, I didn’t really want to take to the recycling centre. In the 4 hours it was online I had 5 enquiries about it, never thought greenhouse staging would be so popular. 

• Like 4

A wet morning, and a wet day ahead according to forecast, so no gardening today it would seem.

Boiler service this morning and a committee meeting this afternoon, plus some research on holidays ideas for late June, that’s my revised day ahead. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 9

Rain overnight and rain is forecast for all of today. At present it's windy, 10c  and looking out of the window it is brightening up and there's blue sky over the coast. So we will see!

Nothing planned for today, except the normal chores.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 8

6.c and raining here . Mrs K decided yesterday to cut the back grass and 

is glad she did ,  "Never put off what you can do today until tomorrow" She said .

I told her that's what a lot of you think when it comes to wine ,chocolate and buns 🙃

Have a good day everyone🙂

• Like 9

A late morning to... we hope that every-one is looking forward to the coming holiday.

We have a very grey day here at about 11˚C... the only meteorological excitement forecast is that the temperature might rise to 12˚C by mid-afternoon.

The nice thing is the family of Robins (generation after generation) that have used the ivy 2' from our lounge window as a aBnB (A Bird Nest Box) for yonks... is midway through their first brood of the season. So we can sit and watch the aerial acrobatics as they avoid the patio chairs, the umbrella and stray bits of vine to reach the ivy, hover and then dart in. When they glide out they have all of poise and grace of an Olympic diver.

_DSC2675.thumb.jpeg.829a0f8df82cc8dc54dec5184fec58b2.jpeg

They've been with us every season since before the millennium. The family have a genetic quirk... one of the leading covert feathers on the right wing is albino... not in every bird... perhaps about 50%. Over the years they've adopted us and seem to look on us as a deterrent against possible predicators.

• Like 15

@twotravellersLondon. I just want to say (along with Avril) how much I enjoy reading your posts. You are such good scribes. Your post from yesterday with the song titles leads me to believe we are roughly the same age (young!) and I had great fun matching the songs to their artists - got them all. So thank you. Jane xx

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Your post is very true and made me smile😊 

Your way with words never fails to amaze me. When I read through your interesting and incredibly written posts I often wonder if you were a journalist or something similar. 🤫

Kalos with his wonderful jokes and @Selbourne with his fascinating travel blogs are two others who have a way with words.

Avril

You're really very kind!

We're husband and wife and have been for almost half a century. We're independently minded but like to do lots of things together... including sharing this thread.

Between us we've clocked up over a century in work and business. We've both had busy, eclectic and successful careers which meant we had to be reasonably careful of our privacy. 

One of us has a bit of a background in journalism/writing, (mostly very boring corporate/legalistic stuff). 

So really very pleased if we've been able to give back a little to this thread and create a tiny bit of amusement at times! 

Begins to make up for all of the times that other folks have cheered us up on a grey day! 🤓 🤓

• Like 22

Good morning.

Wow where is everyone.

It is 6°C and cloudy here and rain is expected soon.

I hope everyone is feeling well.

Going to get my porridge now so I wish you all a happy day.

• Like 13

Good morning everyone.  I hope we all have a good day - and I was wondering where everyone was too.

It is funny how the smallest thing can cheer you up.  My supermarket order this morning has one substitute, a much more expensive Greek yogurt which I have looked at but never ordered.  For the price of the cheaper one, of course.  And it gets great reviews.  I just think 'how kind of the packers to send  me this one', though my cynical son says they don't choose, just get an online  message.  Ah well.  I sometimes think of them all, going round the shop (mine do come from the actual shop) at 2 or 3 in the morning and wish them well.  Tiny pleasures.

• Like 11

Good morning everyone.

I have to say I love receiving my fortnightly deliveries from Waitrose. I still go to the local shops for fresh vegetables etc in between the delivery, but it makes life so much easier. It usually arrives around 0800 and by 0830 it is all put away and I’m relaxing with a cup of tea after all that effort!

We have had two days of no rain which I think may change today. I am looking to purchase new garden furniture, but am thinking I might wait another few weeks as Easter looks like being wet.

Have a good day.

Gill x

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Good morning everyone.  I hope we all have a good day - and I was wondering where everyone was too.

It is funny how the smallest thing can cheer you up.  My supermarket order this morning has one substitute, a much more expensive Greek yogurt which I have looked at but never ordered.  For the price of the cheaper one, of course.  And it gets great reviews.  I just think 'how kind of the packers to send  me this one', though my cynical son says they don't choose, just get an online  message.  Ah well.  I sometimes think of them all, going round the shop (mine do come from the actual shop) at 2 or 3 in the morning and wish them well.  Tiny pleasures.

Morning LL,we used to buy a Greek yogurt in Italy.Believe it or not it's called Kalos.Our Kalos gets better reviews though.

• Haha 15

After two weeks of massive reorganisation and throwing things out, normality has returned to my home, with the return of my husband from his annual ski trip with friends in Austria. Small problem there - no snow!  Ironically he came home Saturday and on Sunday night a large dump of snow finally arrived.

Yesterday I finally got round to sorting and booking my cruises that I've been discussing and doing nothing about!  Successfully transferred our Queen Anne September Mediterranean to a three week Queen Mary 2 transatlantic next July taking in Norway, Iceland, Canada and New York and booked the replacement Aurora Scandinavian 16 nights in August.  Whilst talking to Cunard I experienced a rush of blood to the head and booked myself on the May Queen Anne Festival of Britain cruise taking in her naming ceremony. That one is a real leap of faith as I've booked the very cheapest inside forward cabin on  TBA saver, something I've never done on a ship I don't know, but it was ridiculously cheap at under £2,000 for the 14 nights and a chance to hopefully see a bit of history being made.

Today is being spent to figure out what to do in Kirkwall, South Queensferry (without going into Edinburgh as I'm going there with my OH for the first time in July and don't wish to spoil that) and Cobh. Unfortunately the archaeological trip in Kirkwall is full, so any ideas for there much appreciated along with Cobh.  I was wondering if getting to the Falkirk Wheel might be an option from South Queensferry?

Big irony, never been to Scotland in 68 years and now I'm getting to lots of places in one year!

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

I wish they did go around at 2 or 3 in the morning I could then be left in peace to do my shopping. I went to my local supermarket yesterday and frustratingly was in a constant battle, as always, to avoid those large click and collect trollies being operated by staff who need lessons in manners, they blocked aisles, reach across you and come around corners far to quickly, it will only be a matter of time before someone is sent flying. There were more of these than there were people doing their shopping and this was at 10.30 in the morning.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Wow where is everyone.

With Easter on it's way maybe washing their hair 🙃🤔

Have a good day everyone 🙂

washing-their-hair-with-30-different-products-men-after-washing-their-hair-with-dishwashing-soap.png.819902580e080c5a09e91db670528bfe.png

• Haha 12

Morning everyone,

A lovely sunny day down here, after an afternoon of heavy rain yesterday.

I ended up going out in the rain as the optician rang to say my glasses were ready to collect.

Today I'm taking Mum to collect some currency and then we're going somewhere for lunch.

Then I really need to think about packing, as before I know it the weekend will be here and I won't be ready!

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased to hear you are safely home Brian.

Thanks mate,the drive from Como to Thionville was eventful.Coming out of the Gotthard tunnel into the German region of Switzerland was snowy and sleet and then the last 2 hrs in France was torrential rain and hailstones.Yesterday there were numerous fog banks thru the rolling hills of the Alsace.We got an earlier Leshuttle though and made it home early.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Thanks mate,the drive from Como to Thionville was eventful.Coming out of the Gotthard tunnel into the German region of Switzerland was snowy and sleet and then the last 2 hrs in France was torrential rain and hailstones.Yesterday there were numerous fog banks thru the rolling hills of the Alsace.We got an earlier Leshuttle though and made it home early.

Now you have sold your Italian property I bet you will not miss driving in those conditions any more.

Best wishes for lots of cruises in your future.

BTW both my late dad and my older brother are called Brian.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We've had problems booking our flights for our Pacific cruise next January/February.

We asked for a Premium Economy quote from our TA who contacted P&O and got us some good flight times and a reasonable on cost last week. For comparison we asked for a quote with Economy flights to San Francisco (relative shorter flight) and Premium back from Sydney, after 2 more emails and apparent confusion at the TA we yesterday got an 'automated' Economy standard flight conformation via TA from P&O that also didn't account for us staying in Sydney 2 more nights after the end of the cruise. We have this morning emailed the TA again to clear things up. Why don't P&O contact the customer or via the TA at the time of flight booking to see what grade of flight they want and dates of flight required?

• Like 3