P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The problem with trolls is that they have no shame and don't care about the affect that they are having on their victim and their family especially if the person is in the public eye.

• Like 10

I saw the comments on here earlier about Catherine and went to the news to see what I'd missed, needless to say I was totally shocked, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I saw  her statement and and her poise and dignity bought me to tears.

My thoughts are with Catherine, George, Charlotte, Louis and William, who also has the added worry of his father. I pray for their full recovery.

After Catherine's personal statement I can only hope that the media etc will now finally leave them in peace. 

Avril

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Watching the news tonight the TV presenters were saying how sad they felt and they hoped everyone would accept her wishes to be left alone.

In the next breath ..we now go live to a reporter of ours is camped outside her home. 😟 

She has said her surgery was a success and the chemo is a safeguard treatment.

She feels well,that's all we need to know for now.

• Like 21

2 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

We so much agree with these heartfelt sentiments and many of the similar posts from quality of natural kindness that this thread seems to attract..

We've been in the situation where, one of us was thought to have cancer. It was only discovered that the provisional diagnoses was wrong and there was no cancer on the eve of the first Chemo. 

We kept the "toings and froings" to hospitals to ourselves so as not to distract our family and friends' attentions from a close relative who did have cancer, was being treated and was making a successful recovery.

Out most heartfelt thoughts go out to Kate, William, their children and their wider family and friends... in the same way as they would go out to any family in such a situation... but even more so because when trying to deal with immensely personal issues... that we would certain consider private if it affected us... they've had to do that against a backdrop of the most intensely prying speculation and gossip.

Prince Harry has talked openly about the trauma that he experienced over 25 years ago... when he was only 12... because of gossip about his mother. As well as Kate and Wills... our hearts go out to Louis 5, Charlotte 8 and George 10.

I'm pleased to hear neither of you had cancer when you were originally told you had cancer.

• Like 7

Morning to one and all,

Yesterday turn out to be a lovely spring day after our rainy start. Not so nice today, it's windy with heavy showers and a lot colder. but according to the forecast it's supposed to by dry.

My granddaughter's birthday party this afternoon, so will need to finish off the cheesecake I made yesterday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 9

It's currently a brilliant 7˚C dry and still... but the forecast assures that it is very windy and overcast!

We're looking forward to an Iberian interlude this evening with one of our local symphony orchestras. They should be performing Rodrigo's "Concierto de Aranjuez" as well as Bizet's Carmen Suite. Warm thoughts of Spain and Portugal... looking forward to that!

Hope that the advance program is better than the weather forecast... bit of a shock to turn up and get the Scandinavian chill of Greig's Peer Gynt and Sibelius' Finlandia!

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I saw the comments on here earlier about Catherine and went to the news to see what I'd missed, needless to say I was totally shocked, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I saw  her statement and and her poise and dignity bought me to tears.

My thoughts are with Catherine, George, Charlotte, Louis and William, who also has the added worry of his father. I pray for their full recovery.

After Catherine's personal statement I can only hope that the media etc will now finally leave them in peace. 

Avril

I am sure that most reasonable people would agree with you and would want to leave the family in peace but I am afraid that the media aren't always reasonable and I am afraid that they will be camped outside wherever they think Catherine and Charles are.  I can't get those poor children out of my mind, it is so hard for them.

• Like 8

It is really strange weather that we have here this morning, we have had bright sun and blue skies, heavy rain and now hail.  Will we get nice weather for my Easter Sunday birthday ?  I hope so but I won't be holding my breath.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning to one and all,

Yesterday turn out to be a lovely spring day after our rainy start. Not so nice today, it's windy with heavy showers and a lot colder. but according to the forecast it's supposed to by dry.

My granddaughter's birthday party this afternoon, so will need to finish off the cheesecake I made yesterday.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Happy birthday to your dear granddaughter.

Screenshot_20240323_104431.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, we've had windy weather, sunny weather, pouring rain weather, the sun is out and the sky is blue weather ... and now it is hailing .... 

Am trying to work out which month we are in 🥴 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well, we've had windy weather, sunny weather, pouring rain weather, the sun is out and the sky is blue weather ... and now it is hailing .... 

Am trying to work out which month we are in 🥴 

It's like that down here too. We had hail showers earlier on. We've just been out to the local garden centre and took shelter until the rain (or should I say tempest!) passed before returning to the car. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

We are also having a four seasons in one day weather event. Better day forecast for us tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend everyone.

At least the clocks go forward an hour next weekend so we get a day with an hour less rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

We have had 3 hail showers so far today, the last one over and hour ago and the remnants of that shower are still around in shaded corners of the patio, outdoor thermometer says 2C, but the strong breeze feels much colder. I have abandoned idea of clearing out of old raised bed for today and removing the other part of old staging in greenhouse, forecast for tomorrow is dry but cold, so the thermals will be on again. 

• Like 4

We left Cheshire this morning very bleak and rain /hailstones.

The traffic going over Woodhead from Denton all the way back to Crowden 

was at a crawl going in towards Manchester .

Anyone going for the airport on the last minute could be regretting their 

timekeeping .

Once we got to the right side of those hills towards Sheffield we were met

by blue sky's and sunshine and 8.c.🙂

Must have been good weather as our kind next doors had cut our front grass

for us.😃

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I am sure that most reasonable people would agree with you and would want to leave the family in peace but I am afraid that the media aren't always reasonable and I am afraid that they will be camped outside wherever they think Catherine and Charles are.  I can't get those poor children out of my mind, it is so hard for them.

I think they have very sensibly timed the announcement so that the children won't have to face immediate questioning by their school friends, and hoping the frenzy will have settled down by the time they return from the Easter holidays.

• Like 2

5 hr driveIMG_20240323_1504307792221.thumb.jpg.699f3a1bac1da1ad36ddef66d6f97cb7.jpgIMG_20240323_1504380022220.thumb.jpg.7e150e20a91880bb2e96836c01108014.jpg to the outskirts of Como.Pre Brexit when we drove home just b4 Christmas we stayed downtown near the lake with all the Christmas markets etc.Now we stay in a business hotel on an industrial estate,it's a 4star with views if you look hard enough.

• Like 5