P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sadly, the problem for men is that they tend  not to confide in their friends like women do - in fact, many of them do not have close men friends, and do not like to appear emotional in front of their women friends/relatives.  Fortunately younger men are getting more able to do so than the older stiff upper lipped generation.  I found talking to my friends and my children about grief, guilt and anger fairly easy and their views helpful.

My dad was like that when my mam died and kept his thoughts to himself even though I called at his house twice a day.

He died 4 months later.

I think posting on here with our friends helps us open up a bit.

We decided to get a Starbucks take away and drive to the beach.

It is 12°C so we sat looking out to sea like we do on our balcony on a ship.

IMG_20240322_151118.jpg

• Like 16

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

It's really nice that folk are able to get out and about. I wonder how Harry is getting on.🤔

I have seen his posts on Selbourne's Aurora live thread, and also on Mrsgoggin's thread so he's still around. 

I don't think the posts are 'meaty' enough for our Harry😉, he enjoys a good newsworthy debate😊

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I have seen his posts on Selbourne's Aurora live thread, and also on Mrsgoggin's thread so he's still around. 

I don't think the posts are 'meaty' enough for our Harry😉, he enjoys a good newsworthy debate😊

You may be right Avril, but it's some weeks since he posted on either of those threads and I've 'nudged' him a couple of times with the @Harry Peterson inclusion. I just hope he is okay and is merely having good political debates elsewhere 🤞

• Like 6

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have just booked a few nights at Warners. Dinner at 19.30 and breakfast at 9.45am. Very civilised....so if we could book times that easy on P&O folk would sceam....just like Bultintz. No like Warners.😁

I love a Warners break, have a great time

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Your getting good at this now

Avril,Frank's in good hands  😊 

Should you and Frank be lucky enough to get away to a hotel

then ask the chef/staff to advise salt content.a low mid Amber,once in a while is fine, 

Said my cardio .

Hope you and Frank are well 👍

We're well thank you kalos.

I still scour Asda and check the salt content for new meal ideas, but I've a favourites list on there that I know are fine so it's getting easier.  Breakfast is green, and I try to do the same for lunch, then I can use any amber for dinner. It seems to be working because Frank's feeling good and happy with his meals so that makes me happy too. Both you and Mrs K helped me understand what I thought would be a daunting task, and I thank you both.

Have  a lovely restful break, you both deserve it.

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys,thanks for all your kind words.Just arrived in Orvieto after 8 hrs and the suspension surviving the drive over Sila Grande mountains.Outskirts of Como tomorrow.

• Like 8

It has been a fair day her with plenty of sun but a bitter wind. I had another stint with the new power washer and my little pinkies were frozen, no chance of putting big coits away yet. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi guys,thanks for all your kind words.Just arrived in Orvieto after 8 hrs and the suspension surviving the drive over Sila Grande mountains.Outskirts of Como tomorrow.

I love Como. Lots of great restaurants.

Safe home Brian.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Get well Kate 🙏 

I hope all those in the press and on line pushing for information now feel suitably ashamed. Her very young family should have been shielded from this and they have been bullied into revealing medical information.

As you say, get well Kate.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

We are praying for the Royal family at this awful time.

We had a similar situation last year with my niece and brother-in-law so know how horrendous it is to have 2 members of the family to have this awful news at the same time and particularly for the children. 🙏 

• Like 15

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Mrs K helped me understand what I thought would be a daunting task, and I thank you both.

Have  a lovely restful break, you both deserve it.

Avril

Mrs K says " Glad to be of help"

Pleased your both doing great 👍 😊😀

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It has been a fair day her with plenty of sun but a bitter wind. I had another stint with the new power washer and my little pinkies were frozen, no chance of putting big coits away yet. 

Ne'er cast a clout 'til May be out Phil 😁

Avril

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I echo Graham's post - prayers and hopes for Catherine and her family. I feel quite shocked actually - and very sad for the whole family. Jane xx

Just such very sad news…….Poor William too.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Given the different time that the seasons change up and down the country that makes the most perfect sense.

I think that is why this is the most widely used interpretation, as with most old sayings there is no written evidence as to their origins. I like this site albeit there are usually contradictions elsewhere. 

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/till-may-is-out.html

• Like 4

Unusually I hadn’t seen the early evening news or looked on my news app on my phone. Phoned mum just after 6 (I find just after ‘The Chase’ is a good time to get her 😀) So it was mum who told me about Catherine, it really is quite upsetting when you see her video. It must have been awful for them to tell their children. 

I’m sure she’s getting the best possible care.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Prayers 🙏 for Catherine

Princess of Wales for her Cancer treatment.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We are praying for the Royal family at this awful time.

We had a similar situation last year with my niece and brother-in-law so know how horrendous it is to have 2 members of the family to have this awful news at the same time and particularly for the children. 🙏 

We so much agree with these heartfelt sentiments and many of the similar posts from quality of natural kindness that this thread seems to attract..

We've been in the situation where, one of us was thought to have cancer. It was only discovered that the provisional diagnoses was wrong and there was no cancer on the eve of the first Chemo. 

We kept the "toings and froings" to hospitals to ourselves so as not to distract our family and friends' attentions from a close relative who did have cancer, was being treated and was making a successful recovery.

Out most heartfelt thoughts go out to Kate, William, their children and their wider family and friends... in the same way as they would go out to any family in such a situation... but even more so because when trying to deal with immensely personal issues... that we would certain consider private if it affected us... they've had to do that against a backdrop of the most intensely prying speculation and gossip.

Prince Harry has talked openly about the trauma that he experienced over 25 years ago... when he was only 12... because of gossip about his mother. As well as Kate and Wills... our hearts go out to Louis 5, Charlotte 8 and George 10.

• Like 17

Hoping that it is a low grade early stage that she has, and it is really just a belt and braces chemo. that she is going to have.  I don't often shed a tear for someone I don't know, but did this evening, as she is such an asset to the Royal family and far too young to have something which could  be  life threatening to deal with.  

Th vast majority of Brits will be feeling the same, and hopefully the trolls will now shut up and go away.  And feel ashamed.

• Like 19