P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are fortunate to have come together as a caring, considerate group who support and help each other. 

I didn't post for sympathy, but just because I needed to unload a bit as need to be strong today for Michelle and knew you lovely people wouldn't mind. 

Genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for the kind words and support, you really are the best. 

Andy xx

You are a good caring man Andy who looks after his staff and the lovely Michelle and supports others on here too with caring words and good humour.

I'm sure I speak for  everyone on here in saying we are honoured that you express your feelings to us.

Pauline and I send our very best wishes to you and Michelle for a long life together.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Since my 'I'm feeling sorry for myself'😒' post this morning I've been reading back through them again I'd case I'd missed any. I came to realise that for a group of people who have, mostly, never met everyone seems to be friendly, caring and considerate with each other. Having never posted before until CC, is this a usual thing or just on this forum? 

Avril

I think huge credit goes to Host Sharon who opened this thread with the line "During the current crisis Cruise Critic are relaxing rules on off topic discussions..."

We've all seen comments where posters have gradually opened up (off loaded if you like) about all sorts of feelings (myself included) or asked for advice and it's been great to join in. I feel like I know a lot of the regulars on here and if I ever do meet any of you onboard then it would be an absolute pleasure. 

Thanks everyone.

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Today we had a quick visit to Scotney Castle before the rain came down! In typical British style we sat outside under a parasol eating our toasted sandwich!!

No blue sky but it still looks stunning 

FBFB0B74-F23D-43AA-9489-13054F247916.jpeg

9B0C816C-C7C4-48D0-8DE7-1EFB26F1D677.jpeg

Looks impressive,when we stay with our daughter in Sevenoaks in November,we'll have to pay a visit.She is a member of the NT.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I think huge credit goes to Host Sharon who opened this thread with the line "During the current crisis Cruise Critic are relaxing rules on off topic discussions..."

We've all seen comments where posters have gradually opened up (off loaded if you like) about all sorts of feelings (myself included) or asked for advice and it's been great to join in. I feel like I know a lot of the regulars on here and if I ever do meet any of you onboard then it would be an absolute pleasure. 

Thanks everyone.

I Absolutely agree Damian.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Looks impressive,when we stay with our daughter in Sevenoaks in November,we'll have to pay a visit.She is a member of the NT.

Definitely, it’s nearer Tunbridge Wells but not far. Lots of lovely NT places near Sevenoaks. I did fancy Chartwell today but the weather looked slightly better Tunbridge way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Since my 'I'm feeling sorry for myself'😒' post this morning I've been reading back through them again I'd case I'd missed any. I came to realise that for a group of people who have, mostly, never met everyone seems to be friendly, caring and considerate with each other. Having never posted before until CC, is this a usual thing or just on this forum? 

Avril

I find forums where people have things in common can be lovely caring places.  You will always get some odd-ball though. 🙂

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Very happy memories of Scotney Castle Gardens - and all the NT properties in and around Kent/Surrey/Sussex.  Loved Chartwell too, Sissinghurst,  Bateman's, Sheffield Park Gardens - an almost endless list.

Sadly, we're not as well served where we are now, but back then there was somewhere to go every weekend, and all included in the membership.

Been to all of them Harry, love Chartwell the house feels like a real home.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Today we had a quick visit to Scotney Castle before the rain came down! In typical British style we sat outside under a parasol eating our toasted sandwich!!

No blue sky but it still looks stunning 

FBFB0B74-F23D-43AA-9489-13054F247916.jpeg

9B0C816C-C7C4-48D0-8DE7-1EFB26F1D677.jpeg

So lovely, one of my favourite places to visit!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Nice pics posted this afternoon

After more than 6000 new Covid infections yesterday, I rather like this pic, too

2C2051AB-A7A9-4B32-A7F6-83846D8DC219.jpeg

A very close relation is a vicar and closet reader of Private Eye. Rang me earlier to tell me about this, plus various other gems in the latest edition.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So down here in Devon, things are OK.  I am not working this week as I should have been on holiday in Wales😞  Dog has recovered and is absolutely fine.  (I may kill him).  My friend's husband has just been taken to hospital with a major nosebleed.  why these doctors put them on a cocktail of drugs that don't mix I will never know.  He is on aspirin and omeprazole and a statin.  those together cause nosebleeds! ☹️

We have booked another holiday to Wales starting 23rd October my husbands birthday and staying the first night at the Lion Inn.  Rather fitting I thought?!

But will we go - who knows.  Hardly any cases down here in South Devon, but a third of Wales in lockdown.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 3