P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

By tomorrow it will all be forgotten and before you know it ,they are giving you a nice slobbering doggy kiss :classic_unsure:

21 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

... with tongues! 😳

Well thanks for that you two. Looks like dinner's on hold for a while longer.🤢

Avril😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How are things where I live today ....:classic_unsure:

Better than some folk that Mrs Kalos was reading about  on the Rotherham NHS  site .

There is a woman who wants to have a married woman on her head ..Mrs :classic_ohmy:

To see if she can find a Tuna  ! :classic_wacko: These can be bought from any local fish shop but they come wrapped or on a tray 

I once thought I had a Haddock  on my head but it was just a headache :classic_wink:

This is strange but very ,very true ... :classic_ohmy: Screenshot_20201017-155419.thumb.png.b82f5b83cf0eb01a9c9226fdc5473e2d.png

Edited by kalos

12 minutes ago, kalos said:

How are things where I live today ....:classic_unsure:

Better than some folk that Mrs Kalos was reading about  on the Rotherham NHS  site .

There is a woman who wants to have a married woman on her head ..Mrs :classic_ohmy:

To see if she can find a Tuna  ! :classic_wacko: These can be bought from any local fish shop but they come wrapped or on a tray 

I once thought I had a Haddock  on my head but it was just a headache :classic_wink:

This is strange but very ,very true ... :classic_ohmy: Screenshot_20201017-155419.thumb.png.b82f5b83cf0eb01a9c9226fdc5473e2d.png

I asked the Doc to examine the tuna on my bits, he said do you mean tumour. No Tuna. I had been fishing and .............🤔

• Haha 1

Well, in another world, we might now just be approaching the western outskirts of Southampton, ready to board Arcadia for our 19 day trip to the Eastern Med.  Jean was due on this one as well, plus other posters I can’t recall (apologies)

Hey ho.  No cruise.  In exchange we have a puppy, a caravan (next spring), peace of mind and good health.  I guess that’ll have to do.  We’ll enjoy it best we can

We’re off for 4 days in a caravan on the coast south of the New Forest tomorrow.  Looking forward to walks on the shore

Hope everyone is OK.  Are we missing Harry?  Is he in CC prison?  There was a bit of political argie-bargie a while back.

Sunday roast and TV sport awaits.  We’ve had our walk and enjoyed scuffing up leaves - couldn’t do that on Arcadia! 🙂

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Well, in another world, we might now just be approaching the western outskirts of Southampton, ready to board Arcadia for our 19 day trip to the Eastern Med.  Jean was due on this one as well, plus other posters I can’t recall (apologies)

Hey ho.  No cruise.  In exchange we have a puppy, a caravan (next spring), peace of mind and good health.  I guess that’ll have to do.  We’ll enjoy it best we can

We’re off for 4 days in a caravan on the coast south of the New Forest tomorrow.  Looking forward to walks on the shore

Hope everyone is OK.  Are we missing Harry?  Is he in CC prison?  There was a bit of political argie-bargie a while back.

Sunday roast and TV sport awaits.  We’ve had our walk and enjoyed scuffing up leaves - couldn’t do that on Arcadia! 🙂

It would have been a pleasant afternoon for a sail away. 

enjoy your trip to the New Forest, I like it down there 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Never mind Eddie , regarding cruising ,there will be other times to go cruising again so I would cling to that hope.

They sound very upbeat about a couple of vaccines in a few months ,so who knows .

As for Harry you never know,he could be on a  pilgrimage to Durham, they do say it's good for the eye sight :classic_unsure:

He will turn up soon enough knowing Harry .:classic_smile:

Hope you have a nice time away with your pup they are amazing and do funny things at that age .

A friend of mine was admiring a mans dog in the pub and the way it cleaned it's nether regions  .

He said to the man  jokingly " Blimey I wish I could do that ! "

The man Replied " Buy him a packet of crisp and he may let you ." :classic_wacko:

Hope the weather stays reasonable for you whilst your away .:classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We were also due to be be boarding Arcadia today, moved the deposit in June to an Iceland and Norway cruise next June but will probably move it again as the balance is due in Feb/Mar and there will still be too much uncertainty at that time IMO.

Was hoping to move the deposit when the Summer 2022 brochure came out to another Autumn 2022 Eastern Med cruise, however the 'leaked' cruise list only shows Central Med not Eastern Med. We were looking forward to the Athens, Crete, Rhodes ports of call, we have been to the Western Med ports of call many times. So maybe we will just push back a year the Iceland cruise from 2021 to 2022.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We were also due to be be boarding Arcadia today, moved the deposit in June to an Iceland and Norway cruise next June but will probably move it again as the balance is due in Feb/Mar and there will still be too much uncertainty at that time IMO.

Was hoping to move the deposit when the Summer 2022 brochure came out to another Autumn 2022 Eastern Med cruise, however the 'leaked' cruise list only shows Central Med not Eastern Med. We were looking forward to the Athens, Crete, Rhodes ports of call, we have been to the Western Med ports of call many times. So maybe we will just push back a year the Iceland cruise from 2021 to 2022.

If you go back to that thread he has now posted Eastern Med cruises on Azura from Malta.

Avril

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If you go back to that thread he has now posted Eastern Med cruises on Azura from Malta.

Avril

Thanks for pointing that out. I suppose that we could combine an Eastern Med cruise with a Western Med cruise to make a 14 day cruise. I'll look at the itineraries when they are released.

Anyway we would have been boarding Arcadia about now, I love the feeling as you are welcomed on board and enter a ship often with a piano playing.

Edited by Splice the mainbrace

*sigh*

would have had my plate of breaded prawns, have downed the ‘champers’ and be on to a glass of white, and chatting to table companions about the cruise ahead 🙁

We were really looking forward to Gythion, which sounds like the kind of tiny Greek coastal resort we love (like Katakolon?)

• Like 4

We were supposed to board Arcadia today as well. I had been looking forward to visiting Crete and Rhodes in particular so when the announcement a couple of days ago was made that people had to quarantine if returning from Italy but from this weekend they no longer had to quarantine if returning from Crete I felt like jumping on a plane to holiday there! Its a pity I don't like flying!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I know how you feel. I should be starting to get things in order now, ready to board her when you return on November 6th😢

Avril

I was thinking last night about which clothes I would have been taking out of the wardrobes in our spare room this week to inspect in preparation for our cruise to the Canaries at the end of this month. 😢😢 

I hope that things start to improve soon.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

and now Wales has gone into Lockdown so that's our trip there this Friday cancelled.  OK, so we will go to Worcester instead 🙂

I hope that you get to Worcester Jean otherwise we will be thinking that you are causing the authorities to impose lockdowns to keep you out.🙊

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

and now Wales has gone into Lockdown so that's our trip there this Friday cancelled.  OK, so we will go to Worcester instead 🙂

Go in the Spring(if you can), Late October is not the best time anyway.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

How dare you suggest such a thing!😇   Actually the first time we cancelled Wales was because of the dog.  He hurt himself.  Now Wales has cancelled me 😞

I had forgotten about your dog, how is he doing now ?

I meant to add, but somehow I posted!! Our Son and his little family are having a couple of days in Dorset so they chose well. When they get back on Wednesday it will be Joshua’s second birthday, how time has flown!

Hope you enjoy Worcester Jean.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Oh dear. I hope you manage to get to Worcester. Who knows whether or not this lockdown will work. We have very few cases around here anyway.