P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

It's been a beautiful day in our little corner of the world, 17 degrees and sunny.  Summer returned for the day😎 We spent most of the morning in the garden  cutting back the trees and bushes as it won't be long before they stop the green bin collections for winter. The next few days are looking a bit iffy weatherwise, so it could be the last chance we get. I hope all  my CC friends have had a lovely day and some nice weather.

Avril

• Like 3

Nice sunny day here, too which helped as I was meeting a friend for lunch.Now that Chesterfield is in the 'High' tier it meant we had to sit outside but it was so nice that I even took my coat off! We have booked the same table and weather for next tuesday!!

• Like 3

I can still walk around just in shorts but it's freezing once the sun goes in.Probably delay our drive back by a week looking at the UK situation.Got to take the plunge sometime though,cheers,Brian.

• Like 2

Was sunny and a bit windy here too yesterday. After my stint at my work desk I went for a walk around my local roads. I was very warm when I got back!

Our grandson is 2 today so going round there later with our presents.

• Like 3

Here we are in the caravan.  It was a beautiful day yesterday but Storm Barbara has arrived with a vengeance this morning.  However, we are warm & cosy, so it looks like a morning of books & radio, with fingers crossed that we’ll be able to get out mid afternoon

This is a nice site, with the coast only a short walk away

• Like 5

Good morning folks ,hope you are all well .:classic_smile:

The weather here is very cool ,dull and overcast but at least it's not raining yet .:classic_unsure:

Mrs K has just taken in our supermarket delivery ,just the usual things apart from 

this week she had ordered a turkey crown to put in our freezer.

We are just playing it safe ,normally we would buy from one of our local markets 

but the way things are going at least we have our Christmas meal.

Looking at the news this morning we are going into Tier 3 this weekend so maybe 

it was a good move to buy early .

I suppose that's put an end to Bonfire party's and Children running up peoples 

paths this Halloween but with a bit of luck we may get lifted back out of lockdown before Christmas .

Some in our area will moan saying " our area isn't that bad , why me ? "  All I can say is .....

" Forget the ME and remember the WE "  The sooner we work together the sooner we can get out

of this lockdown , again ...  Stay safe folks :classic_smile:

• Like 12

Just now, kalos said:

Good morning folks ,hope you are all well .:classic_smile:

The weather here is very cool ,dull and overcast but at least it's not raining yet .:classic_unsure:

Mrs K has just taken in our supermarket delivery ,just the usual things apart from 

this week she had ordered a turkey crown to put in our freezer.

We are just playing it safe ,normally we would buy from one of our local markets 

but the way things are going at least we have our Christmas meal.

Looking at the news this morning we are going into Tier 3 this weekend so maybe 

it was a good move to buy early .

I suppose that's put an end to Bonfire party's and Children running up peoples 

paths this Halloween but with a bit of luck we may get lifted back out of lockdown before Christmas .

Some in our area will moan saying " our area isn't that bad , why me ? "  All I can say is .....

" Forget the ME and remember the WE "  The sooner we work together the sooner we can get out

of this lockdown , again ...  Stay safe folks :classic_smile:

Spot on with those last few lines Kalos. There’s far to much me, me, me these days 😪

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I can still walk around just in shorts but it's freezing once the sun goes in.Probably delay our drive back by a week looking at the UK situation.Got to take the plunge sometime though,cheers,Brian.

Take extra care bro. The situation here isn't getting any better.  All South Yorkshire will be in tier 3 lockdown on Saturday, so there doesn't seem to be an end in sight yet. I'm sure you already know that Essex is in tier 2 at the moment so be careful and stay safe.

Sis

Living in Wales...we are closed, but just for two weeks then hopefully we can start to get back to some sort of normal, what ever that will be. Our 94 year old next door neighbour hasn't left her house since March, we ring her constantly and her family visit but stand outside her house. It is very weird times we are living in, wearing a face covering to go into a bank, it used to be just bank robbers doing that now it is the norm. Before going into the shop I used to check that I had my wallet on me, now it is to make sure I have a face covering. I know on the grand scale of things holidays seem to be lower down than health and well-being etc, but, we really do miss them. We are booked to do the xmas markets next December and every day my wife says that she can't wait to go.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, moonstone01 said:

We are booked to do the xmas markets next December and every day my wife says that she can't wait to go.

We're the same. I moved our November 2020 cruise to a Fjords June/July 2021 and we're so excited and planning already. The most important thing at the moment is to be able to look foward with hope.

Avril

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Take extra care bro. The situation here isn't getting any better.  All South Yorkshire will be in tier 3 lockdown on Saturday, so there doesn't seem to be an end in sight yet. I'm sure you already know that Essex is in tier 2 at the moment so be careful and stay safe.

Sis

It's a slightly surreal situation here in Essex.  We live in one of the two areas that have remained in Tier 1.  Most of our friends live close by so are also Tier 1, but some of their kids and grandkids are in Tier 2, though only a few miles away.  I've got some old cronies who I meet up with for a curry every couple of months, ten minutes on the train, but they're in Tier 2 as well, so we're all just WhatsApping each other.  Basically, we're in a sort of Tier 1 enclave within a Tier 2 county.

4 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

It's a slightly surreal situation here in Essex.  We live in one of the two areas that have remained in Tier 1.  Most of our friends live close by so are also Tier 1, but some of their kids and grandkids are in Tier 2, though only a few miles away.  I've got some old cronies who I meet up with for a curry every couple of months, ten minutes on the train, but they're in Tier 2 as well, so we're all just WhatsApping each other.  Basically, we're in a sort of Tier 1 enclave within a Tier 2 county.

I was reading this morning about a village near Whitby  called Staithes they are also in two tiers 

which is divided by a stream  :classic_unsure:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-one-village-two-tiers-and-lots-of-confusion-12109815

58 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sis

Hi sis,we are leaving on the 6th Nov now.We have to islolate coming via France anyway so hopefully it may have calmed down a bit.Had turkey stew last night and for lunch.We get turkey pieces all the year round here and it seems a lot more tender and tastier than back home.Pomegranites are in season now and our friend brought over a jar of marmalade,lovely,something else different.Keep well and sane,cheers,bro.

57 minutes ago, kalos said:

I was reading this morning about a village near Whitby  called Staithes they are also in two tiers 

which is divided by a stream  :classic_unsure:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-one-village-two-tiers-and-lots-of-confusion-12109815

Borders have to be drawn somewhere, there will always be a place where one tier ends and another starts.⁹

55 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Keep well and sane,cheers,bro.

No thanks bro. If everyone one in this world is sane. I'm want to be barmy🤪

November 6th,  hmm, now that sounds familiar.  I know!!  We should  have been leaving Southampton on Arcadia for a 19 night Med cruise😢. Pomegranates bring back a lovely memory. I love them, and when Frank and I were courting he would bring me  one large pomegranate every time we met. Much better than the obligatory bunch of flowers

Sis

Edited by Adawn47
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Borders have to be drawn somewhere, there will always be a place where one tier ends and another starts.⁹

Obvious John but middle of a countryside village ? 

I can understand it in built up towns where one place simply adjoins the next .

I was in Staithes a year last summer , it's a pretty place but not sprawling  so would expect it all in one Tier .:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

Just now, kalos said:

Obvious John but middle of a countryside village ? 

I can understand it in built up towns where one place simply adjoins the next .

I was in Staithes a year last summer , it's a pretty place but not sprawling  so would expect it all in one Tier .:classic_unsure:

You would need to persuade the 2 authorities concerned that one would need to cede control to the other, I suspect the question has been asked repeatedly but remains unresolved.

• Like 1