P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Graham - hope you’re feeling a bit better as the day goes on

Have you investigated the breathing help websites, like this one?

Also, try lying on your front for periods - apparently it lets your lungs work more efficiently

Have you got an oximeter?  The thing you put on your finger?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

My Mrs phone has one of them built into it ,does stress levels and heart rate as well.

Unlike my phone it does texts, phone calls and can show you the time :classic_unsure:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Graham - hope you’re feeling a bit better as the day goes on

Have you investigated the breathing help websites, like this one?

Also, try lying on your front for periods - apparently it lets your lungs work more efficiently

Thanks Eddie.

Very helpful.

My doctor years ago advised me to breath in through my nose for at least 20 seconds then breath out through my mouth for at least 20 seconds which fills the lungs up with air that Normal breathing doesn't do.

I do this half a dozen times.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Trying to see how the kids compare in school so these were both written at 4yr10m

B51E4654-3EAB-46E6-98B0-7DD3C1A3905E.thumb.png.93e8ddb3b8ba36c16429a4bda5bdedb6.png0D958EF9-B8CA-44E9-A7CB-67D8D25DC17E.thumb.jpeg.4ce7dfd083044b1d2df6ba6330b828a8.jpeg

strangely I think I must have taught my first born more than my second. 
youngest is definitely better at puzzles tho. 
flash cards on the Christmas list

Quite a difference, clearly, but both very impressive at that age!  Twins vary a lot, as you’ll know.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:22 AM, grapau27 said:

Tested positive for covid19.

Got result around 7 am this morning.

Graham

Oh no - I am so sorry about that grapau. Am just catching up with things after a frantic few days.

Please take care and praying that you get well soon and that your family avoid it too. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2020 at 11:19 AM, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just called me her husband came home from work on Tuesday feeling ill, he had a covid test on Wednesday and had the result this morning telling him he is positive.  They now all have to isolate and she has got to speak to her consultant about what to do about her next chemo session which is 2 weeks today. Just when you think things can't get worse they do ☹️☹️

That is terrible news - goodness Josy, will be thinking about your niece and her family. 

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

Oh no - I am so sorry about that grapau. Am just catching up with things after a frantic few days.

Please take care and praying that you get well soon and that your family avoid it too. 

Thank you Presto.

Pauline has been fine so far and looking after me.

We have stopped at home since my symptoms started 8 days ago.

Graham.

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Presto.

Graham.

I've just caught up now on all of the post from early Thursday evening. Day off today so another day on the laptop and researching Iona. Glad to read that you are keeping your spirits up and great to see that your CC buddies have all rallied round. Take care.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Quite a difference, clearly, but both very impressive at that age!  Twins vary a lot, as you’ll know.

not twins Harry. 

we have been talking about the cruise we went on last year. My eldest wrote this on the boat to send to her teacher. We tried to see where my youngest is at now since we presumed it was normal at that age but just looks like my eldest has always been a little ahead and least now I know what I need to work on with my youngest 

6 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

not twins Harry. 

we have been talking about the cruise we went on last year. My eldest wrote this on the boat to send to her teacher. We tried to see where my youngest is at now since we presumed it was normal at that age but just looks like my eldest has always been a little ahead and least now I know what I need to work on with my youngest 

Sorry - memory lapse!

22 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I've just caught up now on all of the post from early Thursday evening. Day off today so another day on the laptop and researching Iona. Glad to read that you are keeping your spirits up and great to see that your CC buddies have all rallied round. Take care.

Thanks Presto.

It is a comfort to get a lot of get well soon messages from our cc buddies.

After your recent busy schedule I hope you have a relaxing day reading up on Iona.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thanks Presto.

It is a comfort to get a lot of get well soon messages from our cc buddies.

After your recent busy schedule I hope you have relaxing day reading up on Iona.

Graham.

And I hope that you have a good day too. Hope you are feeling a little better and the breathing eases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Trying to see how the kids compare in school so these were both written at 4yr10m

B51E4654-3EAB-46E6-98B0-7DD3C1A3905E.thumb.png.93e8ddb3b8ba36c16429a4bda5bdedb6.png0D958EF9-B8CA-44E9-A7CB-67D8D25DC17E.thumb.jpeg.4ce7dfd083044b1d2df6ba6330b828a8.jpeg

I have a 4 year 10 month old grandson and his writing is somewhere between the 2 examples you have shown!His older brother probably had neater handwriting at his age but was nowhere near as good as his younger sibling is at cognitive and motor skills.My 4 year old grandson obviously takes after me as far as his handwriting is concerned but thankfully after my husband with his motor skills!

Edited by ann141
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

That is terrible news - goodness Josy, will be thinking about your niece and her family. 

Thank you Presto, I have spoken to her this morning and her husband feels a bit better today and she just feels worn out with the stress.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos I really appreciate your concern.

Pauline put 5 pillows behind me to prop me up in bed last night rather than laying flat like I had been and it seemed to help me sleep better.

Talking and walking up and down the stairs causes shortness of breath.

At the moment I can still do some deep breathing exercises so I'm happy with that.

Take care Kalos as this thing is unpleasant.

Graham.

Good morning Graham, and how are you today?  I told Frank that you weren't well and he says he hopes you feel better soon. Take care x

Avril & Frank

Edited by Adawn47
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you Presto, I have spoken to her this morning and her husband feels a bit better today and she just feels worn out with the stress.

Glad to hear he is feeling a bit better and fingers crossed she doesn't catch it. 

My daughter also has just recieved treatment so her immune system is also conpromised so she's staying off work, so can relate to your niece.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Vampires please be careful.  All children are different regardless of whether or not you try to teach them the same and trying to mould them into  clones of their siblings can cause future mental health problems.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Glad to hear he is feeling a bit better and fingers crossed she doesn't catch it. 

My daughter also has just recieved treatment so her immune system is also conpromised so she's staying off work, so can relate to your niece.

I hope that your daughter gets through it all safely 🤞🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

not twins Harry. 

Both your girls are neater writers than our 10 year old grandson Vampiress, but he is very bright and ahead of his year group on many other areas. I guess if his writing does not improve then he might well become a doctor!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just booked for 2022 --- not that we have posted that 3 times now. Really excited and though we aren't too sure about the ship (IONA) the itinerary looks wonderful (well I've been told) and it gives us something to look forward to and research. There needs to be a light at the end of this tunnel at the moment ! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Graham if you don’t have one get one, medical grade available from amazon within 24 hours / sold by local pharmacy if someone can get it for you.  COVID can sometimes result in silent hypoxia, particularly in older people. Anything above 95 is fine, 90 to 94 not so good and under 90 you need to speak to someone. You don’t even have to be short of breath for oxygenation to be below par. Best £30 you will ever spend.

I have had one in the house for years as I have  a lung problem and it is reassuring to know exactly what is happening. Usually it gives reassurance that while you may feel a bit breathless the oxygen is getting through just fine.

I hope you are feeling well, you are in my prayers.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Presto.

Graham.

I often check in only a few times a week to see what you are all talking about, and I was taken aback to read that you had contracted Covid Graham, and I wish you all the very best for a speedy recovery.  Your positive, supportive posts have been much in evidence over the past 'trying' months and so I hope that you are able to continue the same output as you recover and are back to posting the 'this is where we are now' pictures very soon.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning Graham, and how are you today?  I told Frank that you weren't well and he says he hopes you feel better soon. Take care x

Avril & Frank

Thanks Avril and Frank.I have been asleep for 5 hours.

I feel alternatively. from a little chill then overheating feeling unwell and am asleep around 20 hours each day.

Paulines just made me some chicken toasties so after eating them I will go back to sleep as I am feeling drowsy,lightheaded and totally drained.

I cannot stress enough why everyone should take care and observe lockdown fully.

Graham x.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6