Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Remember the huge salt cellars they used, the ones with lots of 1/4 inch holes in the lid 😁

I never ever put salt on anything.

Cannot understand how I got high blood pressure.🤔🥺

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

See you have changed your avatar picture back Kalos.

You look a lovely couple.

 

Thanks ..We scrub up well :classic_unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kalos said:

Anyone else remember when the Chippy's sold very little ?

Back in the 1960's our local chippy sold Fish , chips ,fish cake and mushy peas.

That was it , no trays , it came served /wrapped in newspaper.

The only thing you could get extra was scraps pieces of batter left over from  the

fryer as a by-product of frying fish. They were free so very popular with the kids .

Never seem to hear anyone asking for them or even offered them now.:classic_unsure:

 

Scraps are still offer in parts of Yorkshire, I know of a chip shop in Bridlington that won national award recently,  they always ask if you would like any.

A few years ago Prince Charles and Camilla were on a visit, the girl serving asked Camilla if she would like any, her face was a picture.

 

Edited by Bloodaxe
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I never ever put salt on anything.

Cannot understand how I got high blood pressure.🤔🥺

 

It's not all about salt mate , you can inherit the condition , can come with age,

they say takeaway's , fast food, lots of processed foods high in fat and of course 

plenty of alcohol .Some people will get away with it for years on end .

They call it the "hidden killer " the good news is you and I are aware of it and have 

the chance to control it .:classic_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kalos said:

 

It's not all about salt mate , you can inherit the condition , can come with age,

they say takeaway's , fast food, lots of processed foods high in fat and of course 

plenty of alcohol .Some people will get away with it for years on end .

They call it the "hidden killer " the good news is you and I are aware of it and have 

the chance to control it .:classic_smile:

Yes,I inherited lots of my late mam's family ailments.

Heart attack,  HBP, Arthritis in knees and hips.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Yes,I inherited lots of my late mam's family ailments.

Heart attack,  HBP, Arthritis in knees and hips.

Probably not that dreaded BPH though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Scraps are still offer in parts of Yorkshire, I know of a chip shop in Bridlington that won national award recently,  they always ask if you would like any.

A few years ago Prince Charles and Camilla were on a visit, the girl serving asked Camilla if she would like any, her face was a picture.

 

We have a chain of local chippies called Wi'bits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

See you have changed your avatar picture back Kalos.

You look a lovely couple.

I've been wondering how Mrs kalos changed him back into kalos from the christmas tree!!  Kissed his baubles maybe??😁

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalos said:

 

It's not all about salt mate , you can inherit the condition , can come with age,

they say takeaway's , fast food, lots of processed foods high in fat and of course 

plenty of alcohol .Some people will get away with it for years on end .

They call it the "hidden killer " the good news is you and I are aware of it and have 

the chance to control it .:classic_smile:

I've been on blood pressure meds since I was 36( thanks mum). 

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I've been wondering how Mrs kalos changed him back into kalos from the christmas tree!!  Kissed his baubles maybe??😁

Avril

 

Oooh ! You are awful ...But I like you :classic_unsure::classic_blush::classic_blush::classic_love::classic_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Only child syndrome here.  There was never any doubt whodunnit!

Me too, but I was a little Angel so never got told off......🤣😇

Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice crisp morning here 0 deg c with -4 chill. 

Lovely pink fluffy clouds this morning .What's that old saying ? ...

 

Red sky at night , your garden shed's alight :classic_unsure:

Red sky in the morning , some sort of weather warning .

Do you think I should go and wake Mr Shepherd and tell him about it ? :classic_smile:

 

Who likes to keep them up ?  That would be Baubles to Avril :classic_wink:

I noticed last night on our street that a few had taken down the Christmas 

decorations that had been lighting our street up from mid-November.

Just one opposite us and ours now remain and ours  will do so until the

6th of this month .

Link to post
Share on other sites

A cold and frosty morning for us very calm and and a covering of cloud. Cars are all white but not as heavy as it was yesterday morning. My phone is telling me it's 6 C but feels like 2 C. Will take it's word for it as I'm not going out to check!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalos said:

.

 

Red sky at night , your garden shed's alight :classic_unsure:

Red sky in the morning , some sort of weather warning .

Do you think I should go and wake Mr Shepherd and tell him about it ? :classic_smile:

 

We used to say... 

 

Red sky at night, Angel delight... 

Red sky in the morning, Nuclear warning!!! 

 

Andy 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brian1 said:

+1

You've been conspicuous by your absence over the festivities bro. Hope all's well and you had a nice christmas. Now's my chance to wish you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year.🤗x

Sis

Edited by Adawn47
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone,. I hope that you all had a good time over New Year. l am back after spending new year's eve and day in bed unable to focus on anything due to a migraine.  I used to suffer very badly with migraines but hadn't had one for over 2 years so my medication had gone out of date and I had dumped it and not asked the doctor for a new supply so I had nothing to relieve it.  David went to the pharmacy and got some over the counter stuff but it was no use at all.  I now have to make an appointment to see the doc for a prescription again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We used to say... 

 

Red sky at night, Angel delight... 

Red sky in the morning, Nuclear warning!!! 

 

Andy 

 

I’m always a delight Andy........!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking morning here in Gods own county, clear blue skies, a bit nippy. there are lots of people out walking this morning. The hardest part of today so far was trying to figure out what day it was😁 Have a good day everyone. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalos said:

A nice crisp morning here 0 deg c with -4 chill. 

Lovely pink fluffy clouds this morning .What's that old saying ? ...

 

Red sky at night , your garden shed's alight :classic_unsure:

Red sky in the morning , some sort of weather warning .

Do you think I should go and wake Mr Shepherd and tell him about it ? :classic_smile:

 

Who likes to keep them up ?  That would be Baubles to Avril :classic_wink:

I noticed last night on our street that a few had taken down the Christmas 

decorations that had been lighting our street up from mid-November.

Just one opposite us and ours now remain and ours  will do so until the

6th of this month .

We have always taken ours down(baubles kalos) before 12th Night as we're not superstitious, however, considering how 2020 turned out I don't think we''ll be risking it this year, we need all the help we can get🤞😉

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone,. I hope that you all had a good time over New Year. l am back after spending new year's eve and day in bed unable to focus on anything due to a migraine.  I used to suffer very badly with migraines but hadn't had one for over 2 years so my medication had gone out of date and I had dumped it and not asked the doctor for a new supply so I had nothing to relieve it.  David went to the pharmacy and got some over the counter stuff but it was no use at all.  I now have to make an appointment to see the doc for a prescription again.

Never been a problem for me but I sympathise because I know how debilitating it is. Hope you get some medication quickly and that it clears up swiftly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone,. I hope that you all had a good time over New Year. l am back after spending new year's eve and day in bed unable to focus on anything due to a migraine.  I used to suffer very badly with migraines but hadn't had one for over 2 years so my medication had gone out of date and I had dumped it and not asked the doctor for a new supply so I had nothing to relieve it.  David went to the pharmacy and got some over the counter stuff but it was no use at all.  I now have to make an appointment to see the doc for a prescription again.

Sounds awful.

Hopefully your doctor's pharmacist can get you a repeat prescription quickly without seeing your doctor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone,. I hope that you all had a good time over New Year. l am back after spending new year's eve and day in bed unable to focus on anything due to a migraine.  I used to suffer very badly with migraines but hadn't had one for over 2 years so my medication had gone out of date and I had dumped it and not asked the doctor for a new supply so I had nothing to relieve it.  David went to the pharmacy and got some over the counter stuff but it was no use at all.  I now have to make an appointment to see the doc for a prescription again.

Frank used to suffer badly with migraines, and the doctor finally put him on regular daily medication. Pizotifen. They don't completely stop the migraines, but they are much less frequent, not as severe and can be treated with ordinary pain meds. It's worth having a word with the doctor.

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...