P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

50 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Not in our experience, much better than throwing half the tin away, we usually buy from Marks or Waitrose.

Smoked Salmon is great cooked with scramble Eggs, each to their own.

Ours was skinless Red Salmon from M&S.

We only buy M&S.

Edited by grapau27

50 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Can I ask...if you have pilchards or sardines on toast is the fish cold or do you put it under the grill.

I love fish but have never, to my knowledge, had either on toast.   Thank you

Happy birthday Josy too

All I have ever  done is get the pilchards out of the tin and mash them up with a fork then place

on fresh hot toast . As a packed lunch make a sandwich with the toast, they still taste nice on 

cold toast . Sometimes I add a few thin slice of tomato to them in the sandwich . Or as posted 

by S O A  you can spice them up a bit .:classic_love:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well in normal times, we go to the Tay, fish, gut the fish, smoke the fillets then eat. No waste, fresh and tasty.

Sounds good.

We are no good at fishing and limited in cooking ability.

Edited by grapau27

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

All I have ever  done is get the pilchards out of the tin and mash them up with a fork then place

on fresh hot toast . As a packed lunch make a sandwich with the toast, they still taste nice on 

cold toast . Sometimes I add a few thin slice of tomato to them in the sandwich . Or as posted 

by S O A  you can spice them up a bit .:classic_love:

Pre heart attack I would put half a pack of M&S ham between 2 slices of bread or toast.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Sounds good.

I have a gutting knife that my dad gave me a long, long time ago. He taught me how to catch and how to prepare the fish for eating with respect. If you catch it, you eat it was his philosophy. 

I still love fresh fish, caught and prepared with respect for nature. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pre heart attack I would put half a pack of M&S ham between 2 slices of bread or toast.

So would I but I seldom eat processed/salt foods these days but needs must as they say :classic_mellow:

• Like 3

I am able to gut and fillet fish. So buying a whole fish is not a problem and often works out cheaper in the long run than buying fillets. We are lucky that we are only a stone's throw from Newlyn and can get fresh fish from the market there, but can't get freshly caught salmon there!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

So would I but I seldom eat processed/salt foods these days but needs must as they say :classic_mellow:

Almonds,Brazil nuts, walnuts. muesli, porridge, chicken, salmon, fruit and vegetables is all I eat since my heart attack.

I used to live on ham, gammon,steak,burgers and Lamb chops and probably why I had my mild heart attack so haven't had any since.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have a gutting knife that my dad gave me a long, long time ago. He taught me how to catch and how to prepare the fish for eating with respect. If you catch it, you eat it was his philosophy. 

I still love fresh fish, caught and prepared with respect for nature. 

I'll give the Rom a go.Have to move the prams and bikes out of the way.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

We let the hot toast warm up the sardines,  not sure if I would like it toasted ,but never say never.

Just to elaborate.Toast done in toaster,fish added and LIGHTLY grilled.Alternative,15 seconds in microwave (fish only) and added to toast.IMO it brings out the flavours more.

OMG,just seen BBC news article about all the rubbish left behind in parks.Couldn't even see the grass in one park.This is a disgrace and has to be policed or close the parks.I was quick to criticise the Italians last year but this is worst.Rant over.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

OMG,just seen BBC news article about all the rubbish left behind in parks.Couldn't even see the grass in one park.This is a disgrace and has to be policed or close the parks.I was quick to criticise the Italians last year but this is worst.Rant over.

It’s quite dreadful isn’t it. Parts of society just don’t seem to care and have gone feral......

• Like 9

If people can't be bovvered to take their rubbish home, they could at least take a bin bag with them.  Put all the rubbish in bin bag and leave next to the bins provided.  It's not rocket science.  Haven't been to the local parks since the latest easing, but unfortunately they will be probably have been left in an equally disgraceful state.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

If people can't be bovvered to take their rubbish home, they could at least take a bin bag with them.  Put all the rubbish in bin bag and leave next to the bins provided.  It's not rocket science.  Haven't been to the local parks since the latest easing, but unfortunately they will be probably have been left in an equally disgraceful state.

The latest fad now is collecting your dog's poo in a bag and then dump it on the floor,*****.Victor Meldrew hat off now.

36 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

It’s quite dreadful isn’t it. Parts of society just don’t seem to care and have gone feral......

I don't know from where this behaviour has come. I was brought up during the keep Britain tidy campaign and even now if a crisp packet or napkin blows away during a picnic I feel guilty.

Where I live we are on the edge of town and youngsters gather on a private farmers field by a pond and leave no end of rubbish, the farmer has to check each morning to make sure his cows will not be injured by anything left. The Police regularly check when they can in the evening but they cannot be everywhere all of the time.

• Like 1

One of my regular rants is because of the way people leave all their rubbish behind or, and I have witnessed this, toss it out of the car whilst driving. My generation werdtaught never to drop litter, my school trousers would be full of sweet rappers.

Rant over ! After a glorious day yesterday back to normal, grey skies, and lower temperatures. Shopping for Easter goodies today  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

The latest fad now is collecting your dog's poo in a bag and then dump it on the floor,*****.Victor Meldrew hat off now.

I just got censored,I only said "what the fudge".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Just to elaborate.Toast done in toaster,fish added and LIGHTLY grilled.Alternative,15 seconds in microwave (fish only) and added to toast.IMO it brings out the flavours more.

I might try your microwave version next time we have them Brian, thanks.

• Like 1