P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all very dull here again weather wise. I would like some sun to make it feel warmer as it’s our son’s visit today. Hope it’s not too cold and they cut their visit short.

I can’t help remembering last Easter when we sat in very warm sunshine (just the two of us then as full lockdown) and sad we weren’t on our cruise break to Bruges! 

Yesterday’s excitement was a drive to Dunelm for click and collect new mirror and picture for our newly decorated hall. Well organised and they have a table at the door - customers stay outside and they bring the goods to you.

• Like 4

Lovely morning here today, clear blue sky and no breeze, not sure how warm/cold it is, not been out yet.
Grandchildren visiting this afternoon, hubby filled hot tub earlier in week so I am sure they will be wanting to go in that!!

I used Dunelm click and collect as well, they were very efficient, I got an email tell me my order was ready for collection within a couple of hours.

Have a nice Easter everyone 

Michelle

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

It is chilly here today.  We’re going to visit the in-laws in their garden this afternoon, I might wear some thermals!
Our little Grandson had his 1 year jabs last week and has had a fever since Wednesday evening, ended up in A&E Thursday night/Friday morning. I’m glad his mum has a long weekend off work as I don’t think Nanny cuddles would be good enough.
I’m looking forward to being able to browse once the shops open, a trip to Ikea is getting closer 😊

• Like 3

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

No worries  - we all have our own preferences. But, with the windows slightly open, your mpg will go down, and you won't be able to properly hear Pop Master!

I don't really notice any difference in mpg, with or without a/c, but that is mainly measured against our long trips to Southampton.

I suspect it does make a difference on shorter trips around home where the a/c is probably working harder, and getting little help from the higher speed and through flow of air on a motorway journey.  But in all honesty unless you are doing 20,000+ miles a year, it hardly scratches your fuel costs. 

Morning everyone.

Bright and sunny down here still with a bit of a breeze, but a cool 2oC and not expected to rise above 10oc. It's nice to see the sun anyway and my tulips are coming along nicely.

I've got nothing planned for today, but hope you all enjoy your day.

DSCF2537.JPG

DSCF2539.JPG

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

It is chilly here today.  We’re going to visit the in-laws in their garden this afternoon, I might wear some thermals!
Our little Grandson had his 1 year jabs last week and has had a fever since Wednesday evening, ended up in A&E Thursday night/Friday morning. I’m glad his mum has a long weekend off work as I don’t think Nanny cuddles would be good enough.
I’m looking forward to being able to browse once the shops open, a trip to Ikea is getting closer 😊

I hope your grandson is better today Sarah. It's upetting when the little ones are ill, you feel so useless. They are resilient little people and bounce back quickly, thank goodness. Enjoy your outing today, with or without the thermals😊

Avril

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope your grandson is better today Sarah. It's upetting when the little ones are ill, you feel so useless. They are resilient little people and bounce back quickly, thank goodness. Enjoy your outing today, with or without the thermals😊

Avril

Thank you, he’s feeling very sorry for himself, poor little chap.

• Like 2

We had frost overnight and it's still chilly here at the moment. Overcast now, 4c and a forecast high of 9c later. The three days of summer is now a distant memory, or was it a dream?🤔 We've 4x120 ltre bags of compost waiting for us to replenish the raised beds and fill the tubs for the new strawberries when the arrive, but they can wait a while longer, maybe tomorrow when it's supposed to be 13c and some sunshine. Have a good day, whatever you're up to.

Avril

• Like 4

9 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

You drive with your windows down in Florida?

I said before I edited my first post that the only place we turn the AC blowers on is in Florida.

We have been there 30 times since 1992.

If we go to Spain we never hire cars.

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We had frost overnight and it's still chilly here at the moment. Overcast now, 4c and a forecast high of 9c later. The three days of summer is now a distant memory, or was it a dream?🤔 We've 4x120 ltre bags of compost waiting for us to replenish the raised beds and fill the tubs for the new strawberries when the arrive, but they can wait a while longer, maybe tomorrow when it's supposed to be 13c and some sunshine. Have a good day, whatever you're up to.

Avril

Cold and cloudy here, albeit not quite cold enough for a frost last night. There is frost forecast for us over the next few nights, hopefully it won't do too much damage. Everything is doing so well too, we lost most of the flowers on our yellow Magnolia last year due to a keen frost. 

Have a happy Easter everyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I hope your grandson is soon we'll Sarah.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:15 PM, ann141 said:

Premium bond winners are announced tomorrow. I think I have more chance of winning than any interest rate I can get from a bank!

I won £25 and hubby won £50 this month 🙂  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you, he’s feeling very sorry for himself, poor little chap.

Oh bless him, hope he’s ok. Have a good day. We’re just sitting here now waiting for our visitors after some cleaning 😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Bright and sunny down here still with a bit of a breeze, but a cool 2oC and not expected to rise above 10oc. It's nice to see the sun anyway and my tulips are coming along nicely.

I've got nothing planned for today, but hope you all enjoy your day.

DSCF2537.JPG

DSCF2539.JPG

I love tulips, no sun here today unfortunately.

• Like 1

Just now, P&O SUE said:

Is that near you Ann? I’ve seen them on the tv.

Yes Its our local postbox but people have made them all over the country.I can't crochet but have loved seeing our local postbox with a cover with hearts on for Valentines day, then one for Mothers Day and more recently this one for Easter which is my favourite

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Yes Its our local postbox but people have made them all over the country.I can't crochet but have loved seeing our local postbox with a cover with hearts on for Valentines day, then one for Mothers Day and more recently this one for Easter which is my favourite

Yes I saw something on tv briefly but didn’t know what they were about. Bet it makes you smile when you walk past it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ann141 said:

How lovely and cheerful it looks. It's the first I've seen, I didn't know about them.

Avril

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I won £25 and hubby won £50 this month 🙂  

I won £75, hubby £25 and daughter £50. Happy Days! I wonder what the UK winner of the euromillions is doing this morning, £122m wow I wouldn't know where to start 😁

Edited by Rupert2251
  • Like 5