P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

A Very Happy Easter Jane x. Your fortnight break and readjustment of your working life seems to have done the trick. It's heartening to know that people are now embracing the vaccination programme despite all the negativity of media, covidiots and protesters. Have a good day and take care.

Avril

Thanks Avril and a Happy Easter back to you and Frank. My time out and shorter hours seem to have done the trick which I'm so relieved about.  I am so with you on the negativity from all three of the culprits you mentioned. Get a life guys and do something useful with it.  I wonder if Andy's tuned in at all?  If you have Andy, Happy Easter to you too. Best wishes Avril. Jane.x

• Like 2

Just got back from church, had a lovely meeting and are about to enjoy those chocolate eggs now. The sun is shining here and it is another beautiful day in Stoke on Trent.

Have a wonderful Easter everyone. 

🙂

• Like 8

Happy Easter everyone.  We have a beautiful day here, a bit cool but brilliant sunshine, we have been out in the garden all morning.

I had a lovely afternoon yesterday.  We had our bowling club AGM everyone wearing masks and standing socially distanced on the green.  We were given a copy of the new rules from the BCGBA to take account of Covid, so everything has changed but at least we know what we have to do now.  I am really looking forward to the beginning of May to start playing again.  I have agreed to have a few practice games with 3 other members of our ladies team so I will be getting a bit of exercise other than walking daily. 

One of my friends lives close to our green so I went and had a coffee and chat in her back garden after my meeting.

I am definitely feeling more positive about the possibility of getting a little closer to normality in the next few months, I just hope that everyone sticks to the rules so that we don't get another wave that puts us back in lockdown.

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I wonder if Andy's tuned in at all?  If you have Andy, Happy Easter to you too. 

I'm really missing Andy. I look for a post every time I sign in. I hope both he and Michelle are alright. Isn't it strange how you can miss someone you've never met?

Avril

• Like 12

No not strange Avril.  I hope he is looking in and feeling the love. 

Beautiful day down here in Devon, although not warm.  Wall to wall sunshine.  I am now walking half a mile a day and hoping my surgeon will allow me to drive next week!

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm really missing Andy. I look for a post every time I sign in. I hope both he and Michelle are alright. Isn't it strange how you can miss someone you've never met?

Avril

It is Avril. I think you just feel a connection with certain people and know you would welcome them as real life friends. Jane.x

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Gill. Yes, it's been very positive and extremely cheering. So nice to interact with like-minded people. Now, I saw the lovely picture of Freddie with your tights and wonder if I could borrow him to do the same with some of my clothes! Happy Easter. Jane.x

I’ll send him up to you.......🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I agree that Andy is missed by so many of us. I just hope it was due to him being fed up with some of the posts rather than anything else being wrong.

• Like 9

Just now, Beckett said:

It is Avril. I think you just feel a connection with certain people and know you would welcome them as real life friends. Jane.x

That's probably it Jane. Andy and I have a similar sense of humour, as I have with some others on here. When I think about it there are many that I would welcome as a real life friend, and would miss them if they left CC. Even with the written word their character eventually comes through.

Avril

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's probably it Jane. Andy and I have a similar sense of humour, as I have with some others on here. When I think about it there are many that I would welcome as a real life friend, and would miss them if they left CC. Even with the written word their character eventually comes through.

Avril

Spot on Avril. I feel the same. J.x

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I agree Avril.

I like to hear from nice people as they are my type of person.

I too hope Andy and Michelle are well and hope Andy pops in occasionally just to let us know he is well and to add his brand of good humour.

Graham.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

No not strange Avril.  I hope he is looking in and feeling the love. 

Beautiful day down here in Devon, although not warm.  Wall to wall sunshine.  I am now walking half a mile a day and hoping my surgeon will allow me to drive next week!

That's great news you are on the mend and able to walk half a mile a day Jean.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I agree that Andy is missed by so many of us. I just hope it was due to him being fed up with some of the posts rather than anything else being wrong.

I agree with you Gill.

As I spent most of my time before covid19 on the RC forums and still spend a lot of time there  I find it fairly tame on here regarding sarcastic and personal comments but I am convinced most of my friends on here would be delightful company.

Graham.

• Like 5

Ditto graham, I’m pleased Jean is able to walk 1/2 mile now and seems to be doing good she’s a strong lady . I also hope that Andy is looking or lurking in just now and again and feeling the love that we all miss him here I really hope he does come back we all have become closer since lock down and it seems you all seem closer to each other and support each other , we have the argumentative ones but we are all different, but most of us are the supportive loving caring ones , “ treat others how you would like to be treated “ my moto 😌

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Ditto graham, I’m pleased Jean is able to walk 1/2 mile now and seems to be doing good she’s a strong lady . I also hope that Andy is looking or lurking in just now and again and feeling the love that we all miss him here I really hope he does come back we all have become closer since lock down and it seems you all seem closer to each other and support each other , we have the argumentative ones but we are all different, but most of us are the supportive loving caring ones , “ treat others how you would like to be treated “ my moto 😌

My Moto too.

• Like 1

Well it has turned glorious here and we’ve been for a five minute drive to a nearby semi rural village and had a nice walk round in the sunshine. I was surprised how warm it was. After the paint fumes making me feel a bit headachey I feel all smiley again ☺️

CD3C62C0-031E-476B-A24F-B7E3B994A412.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Got a bus into Romford today.M&S have a new shirt range and we were going to buy some fruit in the market.It was like a ghost town.It's our 1st Easter in UK for years.I thought it was only Christmas day everywhere shut.Silly us.

Only the second day in the Uk the shops actually shut!

• Like 2

Afternoon all

What a glorious day - it’s difficult to believe the predictions for cold tomorrow and Tuesday.  I really hope we don’t have hard o’night frosts, as the magnolia are so beautiful and I hate to see them turned brown by the cold.

Not a lot of news from these parts.  Second vaccinations are going well but we haven’t been called yet.  🤞it won’t be long.  I expect it will be short notice like last time but that’s ok - there’s not a lot planned

I’m looking forward to the new itineraries being published tomorrow.  Winter 22/23 seems a reasonable timescale to anticipate cruising again.  🤞again.  I recall when infection/death rates were lower than they are now yet “we/they” managed to muck it all up.  Things are so good here but looking really poor on the continent and other parts of the world.  It would be criminal if international travel brought yet another infection wave here - and who could countenance yet another lockdown?

Happy Easter to those for whom it is a significant day; Happy Sunday for everyone

Stay warm.  Stay safe

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have agreed to have a few practice games with 3 other members of our ladies team so I will be getting a bit of exercise other than walking daily. 

All good news Josy ,pleased for you :classic_smile:

I hope you knock a few of these out  ....:classic_love:    tenor.gif.5f7763aa4ddd7cc194656e522d191f0e.gif

• Like 3

MI hope everyone has had a good weekend and not eating too much chocolate, I’m also looking forward to some new itineraries out this week but quite honestly we have got quite a few booked up till April 2023 but want to squeeze some more in this summer if possible. 
Ive had a busy 4 days so far till this afternoon when I went in the hot tub to wind down with my favourite bottle of bubbly. In-laws decided they both wanted to be I’ll late Thursday night so I had to call doctors out Friday morning 111 and we all know how long it can take for a doctor to come out but both on antibiotics now and doing fine , spent a few days round there doing breakfast, pills. , lunch, pills, dinner, pills and get them to bed , then my daughter ended up in A&E Saturday afternoon with severe shoulder pain ( a ongoing thing with shoulder joints) where you actually can’t move your arms , got discharged for a few hours then ended back in hospital all night ( gives the same symptoms as heart attack) so I was awake all night on call to go and pick her up which was 5.30 this morning. She’s drugged up at the moment and hopefully will have a operation soon , so I decided to go into hot tub to recharge my batteries for tomorrow with my favourite bubbly . Hope you all have a good day and tomorrow 

66796165-8B3A-4DA9-9EA6-01123581C55C.jpeg

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

MI hope everyone has had a good weekend and not eating too much chocolate, I’m also looking forward to some new itineraries out this week but quite honestly we have got quite a few booked up till April 2023 but want to squeeze some more in this summer if possible. 
Ive had a busy 4 days so far till this afternoon when I went in the hot tub to wind down with my favourite bottle of bubbly. In-laws decided they both wanted to be I’ll late Thursday night so I had to call doctors out Friday morning 111 and we all know how long it can take for a doctor to come out but both on antibiotics now and doing fine , spent a few days round there doing breakfast, pills. , lunch, pills, dinner, pills and get them to bed , then my daughter ended up in A&E Saturday afternoon with severe shoulder pain ( a ongoing thing with shoulder joints) where you actually can’t move your arms , got discharged for a few hours then ended back in hospital all night ( gives the same symptoms as heart attack) so I was awake all night on call to go and pick her up which was 5.30 this morning. She’s drugged up at the moment and hopefully will have a operation soon , so I decided to go into hot tub to recharge my batteries for tomorrow with my favourite bubbly . Hope you all have a good day and tomorrow 

Oh no what a couple of days for you, you must have been so worried.

Enjoy your bubbles in the bubbles! 🥂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

How worrying for you. Enjoy you bubbly and chill after the last hectic couple of days. Hope everyone recovers soon.

• Like 1

Sunny day here, had a frost overnight as grass in churchyard opposite was white over this morning as were a few car windscreens, quite pleasant outside at the moment, wind shifts round to north north west tonight so expect to see the same tomorrow, with a strong northerly wind going to be cold Easter Monday, at least forecast snow showers seemed to have disappeared from forecast.

Was planning some minor repairs to fencing, but found step ladders had corroded at joints so unsafe to use, can’t complainI bought them in 1979.so brought a set of the tripod style steps, which mean I can trim the hedge tops easier and not have to put the wooden sleeper under back legs to make them level on slopping area near fence. 

My cordless drill then packed up whilst drilling wall in garage for brackets for tool rack which I bought last year but just getting round to fitting.

Thought instead I would jet wash slaps at side of garden as get slippery with the lichen on them, then found I couldn’t use my new expandable hose with a pressure washer.

So I need to find a 40m standard hose to use with it and B&Q is shut today.

So it’s been an expensive day so far with new steps and drill ordered online and not a very productive one as I have not been able to complete the jobs I started. 

I think it’s time for chocolate 🍫 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Got a bus into Romford today.M&S have a new shirt range and we were going to buy some fruit in the market.It was like a ghost town.It's our 1st Easter in UK for years.I thought it was only Christmas day everywhere shut.Silly us.

Buona Pasqua. (I only know that as I got an Easter card from our favourite hotel).

What would you normally be doing in Italy?

6 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

To those who celebrate, Happy Easter. Very dull here today, but I need to get out and trim back a Pyracantha that has been discovered hiding behind 2 x 20 foot conifers we had to have cut down on Friday (dying and in danger of being blown over). 

Had a visit by friends on Friday too who we haven't seen for over 12 months (they were on their way back from being vaccinated at the Etihad Stadium) so called in for 'afternoon tea' in the garden! Rare treat.

Yesterday went for a stroll around the city as the weather was nice and bright and try out the camera on my new phone (struck a hard deal with my mobile provider)

4220B8B3-ED80-416B-B3D1-2F14501002F9.jpg

9905DA1E-0A08-4857-94EA-441DAC955DC8.jpg

7761353A-E74A-4951-8C1B-EA234AF02CCD.jpg

38CB236A-847E-4644-9BFB-F9642492C480.jpg

BA511609-334E-4F69-97F4-1EF8756D281F.jpg

26A531E3-DBE5-4009-BEBC-8CB2FB2B6734.jpg

Lovely photos. Only time I've been to Manchester was to the bus station e-route to the Airport for our last cruise (Nov 2019)

Edited by purplesea