P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning everyone.

It is partly cloudy and 14°C with a high of 20°C expected.

I have to go out to the bank and to call at a shop but I'm apprehensive and will have my mask on and hope other people do the same.

Graham.

I don’t think I will be doing anything different either to what I have been doing continuing to wear a mask, washing hands, sanitising hands and shopping trolly and just been generally careful. 
Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 5

The vaccine minister swerved round the problem of shops asking people to wear masks, most of whom will anyway, and dealing with the refuseniks and getting abuse.

Formula 1 - I guess Verstappen might have done the same if it  had been the opposite way round, but I agreed with Horner that it did show  desperation on the part of LH, to try to overtake there,  and personally I was sorry he won and not Leclerc, Norris or even Bottas.  Obviously I am in a minority though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Fantastic drive from LH. Some of these drivers forget their previous incidents when calling out others. I think the penalty was harsh but the stewards couldn't be seen to letting Lewis off scot free. Nice to see good results from Lando again.

Brilliant race. I think Mr Horner had been eating sour grapes. LH is in a league of his own, not desperate as CH said. I did feel sorry for Leclerc but I think he just lost it under pressure from LH. Glad that Verstappen was ok though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

I don’t think I will be doing anything different either to what I have been doing continuing to wear a mask, washing hands, sanitising hands and shopping trolly and just been generally careful. 
Take care everyone 

Michelle

Everyone in the bank and post office wore masks.

Pauline went into Morrison's and everyone was wearing masks there too.

So far so good.

At the very least, masks should be worn indoors when walking around for everyone's safety 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

The vaccine minister swerved round the problem of shops asking people to wear masks, most of whom will anyway, and dealing with the refuseniks and getting abuse.

Formula 1 - I guess Verstappen might have done the same if it  had been the opposite way round, but I agreed with Horner that it did show  desperation on the part of LH, to try to overtake there,  and personally I was sorry he won and not Leclerc, Norris or even Bottas.  Obviously I am in a minority though.

Horner is a bitter little man with a short memory. His boy does just the same.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, sagaris said:

Brilliant race. I think Mr Horner had been eating sour grapes. LH is in a league of his own, not desperate as CH said. I did feel sorry for Leclerc but I think he just lost it under pressure from LH. Glad that Verstappen was ok though.

Brilliant result.

Afternoon everyone, hope everyone is keeping well.

Day off work for me today and it's a scorching 26oC, our hottest day so far.

Took a trip into Penzance this morning to go to the bank and they are still only allowing a certain number of people in at time and all the staff were wearing masks. Walking up the street it was about 50/50 with people wearing masks/not wearing masks.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Just been down to local shops. All staff appear to be wearing masks and they asking customers to wear them too. Looks like people are happy to comply - but I suppose there will always be a few!

I just hope that the non-compliers are just a very small minority.  I have been to Tesco and all of the customers and the staff around the store were wearing masks but none of the till operators were wearing them but they are still behind plastic screens.I

I have prepared a lasagne for this evening from a Gino D'Acampo recipe, it takes ages to to do but it is worth it, it is the best  lasagne that I have had outside of Italy.

• Like 5

Am avoiding the stupid members of society who are acting as if it is all over……they might be the minority but eve so 🤣. So some morning baking while it was still cool for a picnic in the garden for the two of us. And a few to pass safely across the fence to one of the neighbours.

A few Chorizo, cheese and caramelised onion tartlets and another coffee and walnut drip cake.

58696771-8911-44B5-95B1-B5B56BF0DEE2.webp 1C513304-4D17-41B4-9FD2-AC7C3B0A8F24.webp 32C9C0C1-3194-4B96-A4B4-E106BA49BC72.webp

Edited by Camberley
  • Like 2

When I took grandson to school this morning was amazed how many people were not wearing masks. I know it is outside but you still have to go into the playground. In the bit I went into this morning there was me and two others wearing masks few more this afternoon. You would think that all the kids that are getting covid they would be sensible, but no. 2 weeks ago there were 4 classes self isolating and then a bit later some more. I am sure some people think they are invincible.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, delgirl said:

When I took grandson to school this morning was amazed how many people were not wearing masks. I know it is outside but you still have to go into the playground. In the bit I went into this morning there was me and two others wearing masks few more this afternoon. You would think that all the kids that are getting covid they would be sensible, but no. 2 weeks ago there were 4 classes self isolating and then a bit later some more. I am sure some people think they are invincible.

I made the mistake a few weeks ago of walking past a school at ‘kicking out’ time, it was awful, all in big groups with no social distancing at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

I made the mistake a few weeks ago of walking past a school at ‘kicking out’ time, it was awful, all in big groups with no social distancing at all.

Same here. In my other grandsons playground (off sick today too much sun yesterday) there is always large groups sitting together. One group not one of them have ever worn a mask (don't look like they are exempt, don't wear a lanyard) I suppose I will find out tomorrow when he is back at school. I shall still wear my mask and try and keep my distance as much as possible. School are often sending e-mails about not talking in large groups especially on the pavement outside of school after dropping kids off. I often wonder if they can read!!!

• Like 1

Afternoon all, very hot here today about 30 degrees. Went out to lunch with a friend after I finished work and it was lovely and air conditioned! We wore our masks to go to the table but we were quite well spaced out and by the time we left we were nearly the only ones there.

Another Lewis Hamilton fan here 😊

• Like 3

23 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I’m trying to persuade hubby he’d like a weekend trip to Portsmouth to visit the dockyard  7th/8th and maybe pop across to Southampton Saturday afternoon  😂 I don’t think he’ll agree though 

Go for it! I can recommend the Spinnaker Tower too, great views and I stood for ages watching the Isle of Wight ferries going in and out - they have a really tight turn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sagaris said:

I watched all the replays from just about every angle and could not see anything wrong with Lewis's line into the corner, he was turning in quite close to the apex until Max turned in on him, which pulled him out to the left and slowed him down allowing leclerc to pass him. A racing incident would have a more sensible result from the stewards.

• Like 3

30c here so just been to collect a cooling fan tower which both me and the dog are greatly appreciating.

This morning I said local shops and customers all wearing masks. Not so in Sainsbury’s a few miles away where they do Argos click and collect. As I was waiting several young men were at the tills buying multipacks of beer and without exception none of them wore masks……

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I watched all the replays from just about every angle and could not see anything wrong with Lewis's line into the corner, he was turning in quite close to the apex until Max turned in on him, which pulled him out to the left and slowed him down allowing leclerc to pass him. A racing incident would have a more sensible result from the stewards.

Max seems to expect that every other driver will jump out of his way and not dare to try and pass him. On my competition licence it said ' motor racing in dangerous.'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Max seems to expect that every other driver will jump out of his way and not dare to try and pass him. On my competition licence it said ' motor racing in dangerous.'

And that's just the M25.

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

And that's just the M25.

About a year ago Wowzz pointed out that the M27 was more dangerous than the buffet. On Thursday we will avoid the buffet on Britannia, but give the M27 a very wide berth. I never ignore expert advice.🤣

• Haha 1

Last day in Anglesey today returning from cautious Wales to the uncertainty ahead in England tomorrow.

Has been in the high 20s today, the day we booked the visit Conwy Castle, we went round the castle be didn’t walk the town walls as we planned as too hot, we will return at a cooler time of the year to do that.

Yesterday we had an afternoon on the beach, spent much of it sitting in or standing in the sea to keep cool. We packed for warm and not so warm weather, the clothes in latter category didn’t see light of day.

• Like 3