P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all. I had a busy day yesterday. Went into the office yesterday for my first full shift since March 2020! I was so nervous and didn’t sleep much the night before but it was ok. My team sit in a different part of the office now and it’s nicer there, not as hot! Phew! I’m going in once a fortnight.

Then I rushed off for a lovely lunch with my old Lloyds friends. A busy day!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Yes I did.. thank you.   I know the one.. went there just once.

I am hoping to walk better after injections next week, but meantime can you tell me, once up the slope is it suitable along there for a very small mobility scooter?

Some parts could be tricky but if you stick to the main paths I think you should be ok.

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well, we were brave and ventured out for our very first meal out since March 2020. It was our wedding anniversary (27th) and we decided that we would go out to one of our favourite local hotels / restaurants for a meal. It was lovely and very quiet - which suited us. Lovely meal and we now feel like 2 beached whales !

Can't believe that it is 2 years since our last cruise - we went to celebrate our 25th. In some ways the time has flown by, but in other ways it feels like a life time ago. Hubby probably thinks that may be as a result of 2 more years of married life !

Happy anniversary and I’m glad you enjoyed your meal.

• Like 1

It is a cold 14°C and damp this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day and please stay safe 😷.

We were shopping yesterday in an indoor shopping centre and around 80% of people were NOT wearing masks even shop staff where their own in shop announcement was to wear masks to protect staff.

Graham.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We were shopping yesterday in an indoor shopping centre and around 80% of people were NOT wearing masks even shop staff where their own in shop announcement was to wear masks to protect staff.

Graham.

And meanwhile, infection rates and hospitalisations continue to rise inexorably, even ahead of the forthcoming return of schools and universities, and the onset of autumn and winter when people start to move inside again.

This is still not being taken seriously, despite clear warnings from scientists and doctors.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

I still wear a mask and will continue to for the foreseeable future. Covid has not disappeared there are still lots of people testing positive. We still need to protect each other 

Michelle

• Like 6

We have a very dull morning 17.c  and very damp with plenty more rain expected  today.

Yesterday was more a medical day for us ,down to the hozzie for me in the morning .

Then the Drs  for Mrs Kalos for some blood samples to be taken .  On leaving the Drs 

the Mrs said the doctor was telling her about a shortage of sample bottles for the bloods.

Not sure if this was our practice or a national thing but lets hope they get it sorted soon as 

our doctors and nurses could do without this worry and it must be if our doctor is mentioning 

it to us.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We went out last night for a meal.

IMG_20210820_155641.jpg

Looks yummy!! We went out last night, we had a table next to an open door which was lucky from a Covid safety point of view. It was my birthday yesterday too, I don’t think I want any more or if I do in reverse order please!!!

Michelle

• Like 4

Just now, Peanut006 said:

Looks yummy!! We went out last night, we had a table next to an open door which was lucky from a Covid safety point of view. It was my birthday yesterday too, I don’t think I want any more or if I do in reverse order please!!!

Michelle

Happy belated birthday Michelle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I still wear a mask and will continue to for the foreseeable future. Covid has not disappeared there are still lots of people testing positive. We still need to protect each other 

Michelle

We wear our masks indoors everywhere too.

We left the shopping centre quickly yesterday with so few wearing masks 

A dull day here too and seems like it is drizzling as well. Looks like a day for inside jobs today.

We are going to IOW next Friday, was there someone on here that recommended some good restaurants on the island a while ago?

Michelle 

47 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

A dull day here too and seems like it is drizzling as well. Looks like a day for inside jobs today.

We are going to IOW next Friday, was there someone on here that recommended some good restaurants on the island a while ago?

Michelle 

We like the Crab and Lobster at Bembridge for lunch, but there are lots of nice places. 

There are other posters on here with better knowledge than me who I'm sure will give you some guidance. 

Have a great time 

Andy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We have a very dull morning 17.c  and very damp with plenty more rain expected  today.

Yesterday was more a medical day for us ,down to the hozzie for me in the morning .

Then the Drs  for Mrs Kalos for some blood samples to be taken .  On leaving the Drs 

the Mrs said the doctor was telling her about a shortage of sample bottles for the bloods.

Not sure if this was our practice or a national thing but lets hope they get it sorted soon as 

our doctors and nurses could do without this worry and it must be if our doctor is mentioning 

it to us.

It's national Kalos - and very worrying. Jane.x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Happy belated birthday wishes Michelle. Just tell people you're approaching an age you choose - but don't tell them from which side! Glad you got out for a nice birthday dinner and felt safe. Have a lovely weekend. Jane.x 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

It was my birthday yesterday too, I don’t think I want any more or if I do in reverse order please!!!

Michelle

Have you thought of just celebrating your birthday for just half a minute ? :classic_unsure:

That we you can tell everyone its your thirty second birthday ! :classic_love:

Hope you had a good one anyway :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Mask wearing is definitely fading out around us, Mrs YP and me were the only ones in Costa this morning wearing them. Probably 50/50 in Aldi on way home.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Happy belated birthday wishes Michelle. Just tell people you're approaching an age you choose - but don't tell them from which side! Glad you got out for a nice birthday dinner and felt safe. Have a lovely weekend. Jane.x 

Thank you Jane 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

Have you thought of just celebrating your birthday for just half a minute ? :classic_unsure:

That we you can tell everyone its your thirty second birthday ! :classic_love:

Hope you had a good one anyway :classic_smile:

I like that idea!! I enjoyed been in my thirties 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

We like the Crab and Lobster at Bembridge for lunch, but there are lots of nice places. 

There are other posters on here with better knowledge than me who I'm sure will give you some guidance. 

Have a great time 

Andy 

Thanks Andy, I have made a note of that 

16 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Well, we were brave and ventured out for our very first meal out since March 2020. It was our wedding anniversary (27th) and we decided that we would go out to one of our favourite local hotels / restaurants for a meal. It was lovely and very quiet - which suited us. Lovely meal and we now feel like 2 beached whales !

Can't believe that it is 2 years since our last cruise - we went to celebrate our 25th. In some ways the time has flown by, but in other ways it feels like a life time ago. Hubby probably thinks that may be as a result of 2 more years of married life !

Happy Anniversary! Trust me, your 2022 cruises will be worth the wait (especially N222)!

Edited by DamianG
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I still wear mine Michelle, but my glasses  steam up so badly that I would dearly love not to need it.

• Like 2