P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

42 minutes ago, ann141 said:

My husband is a volunteer steward but the venue that he was helping at closed down last sunday and vaccinations are only re starting in the middle of September once the new venue is ready.I feel sorry for the 16 and 17 year olds who now have to travel outside the town to get jabbed.Stoke is a bit far to travel to, otherwise he would gladly volunteer!

It is a real shame that your area is not having a local venue for several weeks, the younger people are often the ones who have a life style that means that they are more likely  to put themselves in the position of being exposed to the virus.  We are seeing young people coming in from ridiculous distances just to get their vaccine as soon as possible. Last week we had 2 brothers in their early 20s from North Yorkshire because once they had their first dose they would be able to get their second dose in their local area.

One of our NHS vaccinators has posted on our WhatsApp group that she has managed to get 2 of her friend's to come to Stoke to volunteer from Shropshire  next weekend.

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Today has been a sad one for us has it is the second anniversary of our Sons sudden death.

My sincere condolences. I can only imagine how difficult that must be for you, we don’t expect our children to go first. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It is a real shame that your area is not having a local venue for several weeks, the younger people are often the ones who have a life style that means that they are more likely  to put themselves in the position of being exposed to the virus.  We are seeing young people coming in from ridiculous distances just to get their vaccine as soon as possible. Last week we had 2 brothers in their early 20s from North Yorkshire because once they had their first dose they would be able to get their second dose in their local area.

One of our NHS vaccinators has posted on our WhatsApp group that she has managed to get 2 of her friend's to come to Stoke to volunteer from Shropshire  next weekend.

We seem to have gone in the opposite direction re vaccinations. When the older folks were being called they had to travel quite a distance to get it for example some of those invited from East Lothian were having to go all the way to central Edinburgh.

Now for the youngsters they have drop in centres they can use any time and numerous pop up clinics in places they are likely to be (unis, shopping centres, football matches etc) to make it easy for them to get vaccinated.

Take care everyone,  my sister just called me to tell me that her neighbour has got Covid and the only place that he has been in the last 2 weeks was Lidl but he was not wearing a mask because it is no longer mandatory and he had been double jabbed.

My husband and I had already decided that we would continue to wear our masks because we heard that there are a lot of asymptomatic people out there.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Today has been a sad one for us has it is the second anniversary of our Sons sudden death.

I'm so sorry Eric, a very sad day for your family. The happy memories you've had together will help to ease the pain.x

Avril

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Our thoughts are with you Bloodaxe...

Especially those of my Partner who lost his daughter to a drunk driver.  He sends his regards to you.

• Like 6