Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

So I have been away for a while, since last month.  

As Gibraltar became a green country for the UK I booked a flight.  Working out the pre and post flight covid tests was a bit stressful but it all worked out well.  I had not seen my 92 yr old parents since Feb 2020.  When I said I was visiting my sister and her partner did an overnight and we had a nice time in the garden and went out for an evening meal.  

I actually have to say that the train journey to my parents’ house was stressful.  I went through Birmingham New Street - OMG how many people on the train without facemasks.  The lift from the station was full!!  When I arrived I was like “don’t touch me, I need a shower and made sure everything I was wearing went in the washer.  

It all worked out well.  The weather was lovely all week too.  We managed to do lots of work on the garden which has been my mother’s pride and joy.  She will not do as she is told and get a gardner, but at least we have made things fit for early summer.   I bought her a load of new shrubs for her birthday and we got them planted.  Of course the weeds will come back, but at least it will keep things down for a while. 

Bit of a drama coming back when the plane was not working.  We ended up having a night in Birmingham airport.  I had to tell my boss not to expect me for a further 24 hours.  Fortunately we have been together since 1983 so we accept the occasional ‘life has got in the way’ occasions.  Eastern Airways looked after us too.  We got checked into the Novotel with a good supper and breakfast.  Everything was done with a smile and of course the airport was quiet so no queues at checkin or passport control when we came back in the morning.  

The extra covid tests and passenger locator forms are stressful, what if you get a positive???  I love that people are wanting to visit Gibraltar, but to be honest I don’t think a holiday that requires a flight is worth it.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

It will be so refreshing to see CC get back to why we come here. Looking forward to your reports.

We might just need to continue this happy thread with new title....

"Routine day OUT of Lockdown".  😉    Or "Back to cruising life style again".  

Bucky and I are no longer in lockdown...but we sure are not back to the cruising life style yet...sigh.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Love the pearls. Pauline is so elegant. Pretty sure I wore jeans and a fleece jacket to get my shot LOL. 

We sat in our car during a drive in event...but Bucky had on a long sleeve t-shirt that he could not pull the neckline over enough,  or get the sleeves up high enough.  He ended up having to take off his shirt...much to the cheers and appreciation from the lady techs.  😄 😄 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is 8 hours since Pauline had her second vaccine jab and 🤞she has not had any side effects so far and she actually cut the grass in our back garden after we got home.

Hoping she continues to go side effect free.  🙂  Me, I had a very sore arm and slight headache, but not until the day after.  Though was not bad.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

TEASER:

I have a couple thread titles picked out for my live report in October, but I was informed that I cannot use one of them from the DH.

This one was officially thrown to the sharks.

SYMPATHY OF THE SEAS..........It was the worst of times, but  now hoping for  the best of times..........

Stay healthy

Awesome title!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

So I have been away for a while, since last month

Welcome back, glad you managed to "squeeze" a visit to your mom.

I keep reading that UK has trouble getting back on track, what with the Indian version spreading like fire, and my fingers are crossed that the rate of vaccinations will speed up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love yanking their chain.

I may have mentioned his mother.😇

But after he was bragging about making 50K per month.😉

But I did finish painting. 👍

Will remove blue tape tonight and arrange furniture tomorrow. My upstairs neighbor is consulting.  

Hoping for some Feng shui.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

WE had Sprint for our service. Of course , they merged with T-Mobil.  WE recently had to  put a new sim card in our phones,  Occasionally , when I call comes in, it displays the message 

SCAM LIKELY.  We still have a Connecticut area code on our phones, so we get a lot of calls from that area code. I  ignore them. Sometimes they even use the same exchange.  

If anyone really wants to talk,  they will leave a message. I do answer calls from our local area code, especially if I suspect they are for real. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

WE had Sprint for our service. Of course , they merged with T-Mobil.  WE recently had to  put a new sim card in our phones,  Occasionally , when I call comes in, it displays the message 

SCAM LIKELY.  We still have a Connecticut area code on our phones, so we get a lot of calls from that area code. I  ignore them. Sometimes they even use the same exchange.  

If anyone really wants to talk,  they will leave a message. I do answer calls from our local area code, especially if I suspect they are for real. 

Came on house phone. But sometimes it shows Scam Likely message. This one didn't, but it was a V number. Those are usually BS

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

It is 77°F sunny and hot.

Pauline had her second Astrazeneca vaccine jab this morning then we went for lunch at a nearby restaurant.

IMG_20210609_131526.jpg

My husband just got his this morning- we had AZ for the first dose, and Pfizer for the second.  I should be getting my second dose within a week or two. 

On a completely different topic- my daughter’s German Shepherd has delivered 5 puppies so far! The ultrasound showed 8 or 9 puppies, so she’s not done yet. 

My daughter is also pregnant, but she’s only having one!

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

My husband just got his this morning- we had AZ for the first dose, and Pfizer for the second.  I should be getting my second dose within a week or two. 

On a completely different topic- my daughter’s German Shepherd has delivered 5 puppies so far! The ultrasound showed 8 or 9 puppies, so she’s not done yet. 

Good news on all 3 items!!!!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Great news for you,your husband and your daughter.

Pleased for you all.

Graham.