Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well we just booked a September Oasis cruise.  We had FCC from a problem we had on our December cruise, so needed to use it.  Probably not going to happen but my husband was worried we would lose it.😳

Domino, I just move to Georgia as I am a Marietta!!!

Welcome to Marietta Dani.  I am originally from Syracuse, but have been here longer than I lived there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just announced that from Thursday November 5th England are put in a 4 week lockdown.

Pubs, restaurants,non essential shops are closed and overnight stays, foreign travel forbidden.☹️☹️😷😷

So frustrating.  On a personal basis we will miss out on a trip from a family member.  So many people will be in the same position - but if it keeps people alive we just have to take it on the chin.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ollienbertsmum said:

So frustrating.  On a personal basis we will miss out on a trip from a family member.  So many people will be in the same position - but if it keeps people alive we just have to take it on the chin.  

It's funny, not HA HA that we thought that we would be done with this pandemic so much sooner. The so called Spanish Flu pandemic lasted for two years with the same peaks and declines. But with so much better communication and the lockdowns and medical treatments it seemed that we would have much better control of a worldwide virus. But unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. And I am sad about that. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mets07 said:

Tappan Zee Bridge, New York.  Orange for Halloween. Taken from Piermont, New York. 

Wishing you all the best. 

20201031_205249.jpg

Love that you still call it the Tappan Zee Bridge.  It'll always be that to me and there is still a local radio station or two that refer to that name during traffic reports. 

I walked most of the way across it last week, from the Westchester side. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

It's funny, not HA HA that we thought that we would be done with this pandemic so much sooner. The so called Spanish Flu pandemic lasted for two years with the same peaks and declines. But with so much better communication and the lockdowns and medical treatments it seemed that we would have much better control of a worldwide virus. But unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. And I am sad about that. 

Yeah, I thought the same thing to. We even have a trio to Aruba next Saturday, the 7th that we booked last spring, thinking this would all be over. 

Right now, we are still going but we can cancel on 24 hours notice and get a full refund. So we will make the official decision Thursday.  We have to be tested first. And quanatine when we get back but those rules are changing now as well. Not sure if it is for the better.

Good news is that cases on the island have dropped dramatically the last month.  About 1/10th of what they used to be. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

Between the youtube link below and my IG stories you’ll get the gist 😍

43 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Great photos/videos. 

As a proud American, I always love hearing that song. 

Agree, pics are fantastic!

Who sings that song? It's not the Lee ***** version that I know.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:58 PM, John&LaLa said:

I think you mean Stripes

The GMC Motorhome was a design innovator by not only being a front wheel drive RV, but also featuring dual axle rear wheels. Over 12,000 of these Motorhomes were ultimately built between 1973 and 1978, and there are an estimated 9000 still on the road! Even after a 37 year gap since they were in production, their fuel efficiency compared to other RV’s of similar size and weight has kept them competitive. They came in either 23 or 26 foot lengths and have been restored and repurposed over the years until they’ve been described as that “26-foot, 12,000-pound antique hot rod with plumbing.”

The EM-50 is a fictional military project for an “Urban Assault Vehicle” based on a 1976 GMC Motorhome Palm Beach model. In the movie it’s all tricked out with machine guns, flame throwers, rocket launchers, armor, and a communications and navigation center. Murray and Ramis, plus girlfriends, wander into Czechoslovakia by accident and when their platoon tries to rescue them and are captured by the Russians, the EM-50 armed duo comes to the rescue to much fanfare and acclaim.

84089029_3278950388832452_199508549523472384_o.jpg.6e9598e21a318b106dd3b5253b77617b.jpg

dims.jpg.b7e2520dff29fbc7fbdf2cf975955596.jpg

Close as I'll get, though

14800434216_892bda4687.jpg.e5dfcd6b9e739b109a0f1a72cefc4501.jpg

14379241785_5bfe6b629f_z.jpg.f957791923ebec72a4ba19299bb79399.jpg

There was also a short lived TV show with two black ones but I've never been able to find any info on the show.

• Thanks 1

Singinalot, beautiful pictures!!!!

Today my DH and I were supposed to go on our very first Transatlantic ever, from Southampton, on the Anthem.  We were supposed to visit London (again, for the 1st time) during this past week.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Singinalot, beautiful pictures!!!!

Today my DH and I were supposed to go on our very first Transatlantic ever, from Southampton, on the Anthem.  We were supposed to visit London (again, for the 1st time) during this past week.  

We would have been sailing today too. On the Allure Transatlantic from Barcelona. :classic_sad:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We would have been sailing today too. On the Allure Transatlantic from Barcelona. :classic_sad:

Four of our friends were also supposed to have been on the Allure today with you.  Two of them were going to be with us touring London before flying to Barcelona.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Domino D said:

Welcome to Marietta Dani.  I am originally from Syracuse, but have been here longer than I lived there.

Small world. I was born and grew up in a small village (in the Mohawk Valley) about 80 miles east of you. Left when I was 18 (in 1970) via the F&$@%N draft! Decided not to go back when I returned to the world from Vietnam. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

my granddaughter’s name, Danielle,

And I'm formally Daniela, but everyone calls me Dani, which actually here is a boy's name.

Back in the seventies, when our wedding invitation said "Dani & DH" are getting married, it was frowned upon by those not in the closest circle.

Also in the army, I've served in an all girls unit, and we were always 2 on duty -- some visiting officers were confused by the roster duty -- "how could a soldier 'infiltrate' a girl's unit" 😁

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Haha 3