Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

45 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

It was around ‘96, a Hertz four door Ford sedan, and that’s all I know. I’m of the female group that expects a car to take you where you want to go without fuss and bother. 
It was not  a compact; I don’t do compacts, and not a luxury. Mid or full size. 
I strongly recommended if they wouldn’t leave a manual in the glove box, that they have a card with info like wipers, headlights, and any other basics like filling the gas tank. I don’t think the guy I returned it to gave a flip. 

Sounds like a Taurus

43 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Since we are talking television shows, I've been watching "Manifest" on Netflix. It's kind of like "Lost." Story about a flight that goes missing for five and half years and suddenly shows up. The passengers haven no idea they have been gone that long and now experience paranormal feelings. Pretty interesting and riveting.

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I watched some of that but I got bored and confused with it.

Agree, we have about 5 more episodes from the latest season recorded and are considering just deleting them, lost interest.  Now that it seems it is canceled really no need to struggle through.

We too are fans on Bosch, haven't started the latest, and last ☹, season.  Another I haven't seen mentioned is Kaminsky Method, latest season of that is out too but haven't watched yet.

Happy 4th to all who are celebrating.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Agree, we have about 5 more episodes from the latest season recorded and are considering just deleting them, lost interest.  Now that it seems it is canceled really no need to struggle through.

We are not that far into the first season. I can see where if things don't get resolved the series would seem to drag. Do you know if there is an actual ending in Season 2?

22 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

If she's married,  can you let me know her maiden name ?  My sister might know her if I don't. I lived in the F building but knew lots of kids all over Grand St.  I moved away in 1969.

I will discuss this with her on Sunday.Aside from her and Estelle who you did not know I also knew a Barbara Klein who lived in one of the buildings.I knew her in the mid 60’s.

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Tomorrow will yet be another long day for my husband. You would think as years go by the pain of never knowing your father would lessen. It doesn’t. 

His dad was an accomplished man. Air Force academy grad… with many awards. 

My husband was 9 months old when his   father  was on a plane that went down 56 years ago over Libya air space, during the Vietnam conflict. 

His father does not have his name on the “Wall” because it wasn’t a combat mission. And he was not in his fighter but another plane. 

My husband’s mom never remarried and raised  him, and giving me the man of my dreams. 

As we get ready to celebrate our 30th anniversary in a few weeks I can only pray for many more years together. 

The plane he flew in combat below. 

So very sad. Bless your MIL and kudos to her for raising a good man. 

We have done several house rentals in Florida, with 5 or 6 different owners.  I think we have only ever met one of the owners, and that was one we had a repeat stay.  We have been trying out different areas near Fort Lauderdale.   All of them have had the key in a lockbox at the door. 

Other things in common have been to take garbage to the street once or twice a week.  One had a requirement to clean all bedding and towels, plus cleaning dishes and floors before we left.  That one kind of killed your last night and morning, so we never went to that one again. 

Others were to just start bedding in the washer, and start dishwasher.  

The best was last year, where they had someone in after we left to do all of those things.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We are home.     Traffic wasn't too bad coming back to PA but traffic was definitely busy busy on the way to the island and going over the PA/NJ turnpike bridge.   

There was a lot! of cars on the island this morning and as expected some of the intersections were flooded after all the rain yesterday and this morning.     Most people don't know what to do when they approach the water that is a foot or more deep.    Fun to watch!

Car is almost unloaded, no rush to unpack.     Unlike a cruise for a month, I have just about everything washed and ready to put away.

Eva came running to do the door to greet us, Sparky is giving us the cold shoulder so far.

• Like 7

Walked to the grocery store this morning to pick up a few things, and saw a few sights on the way.  

Evidently, they have Bills fans in California. 

3FAFB1CC-0626-48C3-A133-6B8F535233F6.thumb.jpeg.2bf03a820ada1e42468f58943d938db4.jpeg

Not to be outdone, this must be a Steelers fan. 

AF577626-2414-461D-B2DA-E13E26D0FCA1.thumb.jpeg.ed0f1812eb4ce4f0f8f712c0975c8bc9.jpeg

And it looks like they are getting ready to contend with Fire Season here. 

66918221-3193-42A2-9065-3BEF0DAB037B.thumb.jpeg.0c174473c77e6067cba2770ad9219d85.jpeg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

We have done several house rentals in Florida, with 5 or 6 different owners.  I think we have only ever met one of the owners, and that was one we had a repeat stay.  We have been trying out different areas near Fort Lauderdale.   All of them have had the key in a lockbox at the door. 

Other things in common have been to take garbage to the street once or twice a week.  One had a requirement to clean all bedding and towels, plus cleaning dishes and floors before we left.  That one kind of killed your last night and morning, so we never went to that one again. 

Others were to just start bedding in the washer, and start dishwasher.  

The best was last year, where they had someone in after we left to do all of those things.  

we have a lockbox at front door too, but between you and me...hehe...we never lock our doors.   Left it unlocked when we left this morning and most tenants will leave it unlocked for the next tenant.     I have never asked a tenant to clean the floors before they leave and any last minute dishes the cleaning lady can wash by hand.   Just about every tenant I have had for many years washes their dishes before they leave, even if they are in the dishwasher cleaned and just need to put away that is great!       

Tenants are to leave the home by 11 am and new tenants can arrive at 2 pm.   My cleaning lady usually arrives a little after 11 and is done by noon so most my tenants know they can arrive early and house should be ready for them.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I will discuss this with her on Sunday.Aside from her and Estelle who you did not know I also knew a Barbara Klein who lived in one of the buildings.I knew her in the mid 60’s.

Barbara Klein, not familiar.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

We have a Wall, a very long and beautiful one, and a friend’s granddaughter is on it. She was killed by a drunk driver but was on active duty. 
A classmate of my husband’s is on it. He was in the back of a jeep coming back on base after a night of drinking. They drove  through security, shots were fired and he was killed. This was during the Vietnam war, but he was killed in Texas. 
I don’t know the rules for the Wall in DC, but if a member of the armed services died in Vietnam while on active duty, they should be on it. He gave his life for his country. 

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Tomorrow will yet be another long day for my husband. You would think as years go by the pain of never knowing your father would lessen. It doesn’t. 

His dad was an accomplished man. Air Force academy grad… with many awards. 

My husband was 9 months old when his   father  was on a plane that went down 56 years ago over Libya air space, during the Vietnam conflict. 

His father does not have his name on the “Wall” because it wasn’t a combat mission. And he was not in his fighter but another plane. 

My husband’s mom never remarried and raised  him, and giving me the man of my dreams. 

As we get ready to celebrate our 30th anniversary in a few weeks I can only pray for many more years together. 

The plane he flew in combat below. 

The only names on the Vietnam Memorial Wall (whether in DC or another state location) are those that died or are MIA in Vietnam.  Any approved replica of the Vietnam Memorial Wall located in other states is identical to the format (not size) of the Vietnam Memorial Wall in Washington DC. Those serving during the Vietnam war, killed but not killed in Vietnam, their names are not on the Vietnam Memorial Wall. "POW-MIA, you are not forgotten". 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

I love Bosch had seen all the episodes in the last 6 months , we still are watching Schitts creek and the Marvelous Mrs Maisel , which I heard will have a new season soon. 

I haven't watched Schitts creek.  I'll have to give it a try.  After finishing Bosch, we were looking around and found "Sophie" on Netflix.  It takes place in Cork County, Ireland, about a French woman who was murdered there in 1996.  We have a little trouble understanding the Detective with his brogue....

Today was a non stop shopping day. Store to store. Everywhere I went significant police presence. I did not speed.  This is one area I had to drive through in Youngstown, Ohio.   I was a good girl. No speeding. Today that is. 😃

That is why I use Waze. 

E8F76978-554F-46B3-B820-CB13E47BFC6F.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Rain has stopped and I'm getting hungry for diner food.  Leaving here now.  Sad to leave but we will be back and either stay at neighbors house or go to spray beach hotel for a couple days.

Let the fun begin🧜‍♀️🦀🎆

Hope you got home safe, and with little to no traffic this morning.  My SIL had no traffic and got here in the hour that it normally takes to get here.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We are not that far into the first season. I can see where if things don't get resolved the series would seem to drag. Do you know if there is an actual ending in Season 2?

Honestly don't remember how season 2 ended, season 3 is just so far out there hard to follow.  Have heard there is a cliffhanger at the end of season 3 so without a season 4 it is a bit disappointing.

• Like 1

Busy day today.

I drove down to an outside designer mall early this morning and Pauline did some shopping.

I then drove 30 miles to the York Designer outlet which is all indoors and we had lunch there too.

Our Pizzas were lovely.

Take care everyone and hopefully OB will respond when he sees these pizzas.

Graham.

IMG_20210702_114035.jpg

IMG_20210702_114619.jpg

IMG_20210702_125653.jpg

IMG_20210702_141253.jpg

IMG_20210702_142011.jpg

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Honestly don't remember how season 2 ended, season 3 is just so far out there hard to follow.  Have heard there is a cliffhanger at the end of season 3 so without a season 4 it is a bit disappointing.

I think sometimes television series just don't know when to call it quits. Comedy series can get away with going on forever but a drama series which is story, needs to have a beginning, middle and end. I even thought "Lost" could of been 3 seasons instead of 6.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hope you got home safe, and with little to no traffic this morning.  My SIL had no traffic and got here in the hour that it normally takes to get here.

On a really good day it takes us about 1 hr 40 minutes from house to house, today was a little over 2 hours,   not bad at all considering it's a Friday and a holiday weekend.    

Enjoy your visit with your SIL.     

• Like 1

Happy Birthday Crystal!!

@George C..have a wonderful cruise, and a Happy Birthday to Mrs. C.

@Lioness..happy shopping!

@grapau..love the outfits both you and Pauline have on!

@Bobmacliberty...aah, Dexter!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

On a really good day it takes us about 1 hr 40 minutes from house to house, today was a little over 2 hours,   not bad at all considering it's a Friday and a holiday weekend.    

Enjoy your visit with your SIL.     

Thank you!  Glad your trip home went well😊

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Busy day today.

I drove down to an outside designer mall early this morning and Pauline did some shopping.

I then drove 30 miles to the York Designer outlet which is all indoors and we had lunch there too.

Our Pizzas were lovely.

Take care everyone and hopefully OB will respond when he sees these pizzas.

Graham.

IMG_20210702_114035.jpg

IMG_20210702_114619.jpg

IMG_20210702_125653.jpg

IMG_20210702_141253.jpg

IMG_20210702_142011.jpg

Pizza looks delicious.    I love thin crust pizza 🙂     Also, looks like a lovely day to do some shopping.

• Like 2