Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

It does look a very pretty room and the cake topper is lovely. It needed a topper.  If I may ask, what city did they have it in? It looks like the central valley. ☺️

I ordered the cake to have a flat and smooth top so that I could put my own topper on it.  They had the ceremony in Los Angeles.  We drove on Highway 5 so we did drive through the Central Valley.

You are so correct regarding @grapau27’s Sarah.  I can totally relate and sympathize with her.  I had an injection right before Thanksgiving and I felt pretty good through the holidays.  But my Merv the Nerve has been a pain again for a couple weeks now.  What you said is absolutely true about taking note of the affected leg. It’s easy to loose muscle mass in that leg and calf because of the pinched nerve on that side. Just like Patti said, I have to work at strengthening the muscles, take laps and walk and not let the muscles go to waste.  You’d have to start slow and build up.  Don’t want to push it and have a setback.  I wish the best for your Sarah, Graham and hope that she can see a physical therapist.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The cake is beautiful.! You did such a nice job. And congratulations to your son! 

Thank you, Helen, I hope it improves soon. I remember how miserable a back injury is. I was out gassing ground squirrels for work and tripped in a burrow and went ass over teakettle, holding a shovel, twelve feet down into a cement lined flood control channel. I herniated a disc in my lower back. And it went on for months, with the awful pain and sciatica and the muscle wasting in my leg. I don't know if they had shots back then, but I am sure that the surgery has improved in the 30 years since I had mine. And I haven't had any other back problems, since. I just have to be very careful lifting things. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

You just reminded me.... I saw a guy in the Schooner Bar wearing his C&A pin on the collar of his shirt this evening.  🤣

I can't remember the last time (if ever?) I saw someone wearing just the lapel pin (and on the collar???).  Plenty of Pinny name tags on these cruises, but the lower tier lapel pins???  🙄

We wore our D+ pins, once. 😄 To the C&A party. We were very proud of them, but I don't like poking holes in my clothes. ☺️

• Like 3

On 2/4/2023 at 4:23 AM, Coralc said:

Oh yes! We should all, always hold the stair rail! I don't remember where I read the post, but a woman mentioned that at her work, it was a safety violation to go up or down the stairs without having your hand on the rail. And you could be written up for it. 

Not that, that applies to many of us, but it is something that stuck with me for safety.  And going down is almost harder than going up, but since my hip replacements, I always use the rail now. ☺️

I hope your face rash and bruises and aches and pains, (and Covid) heal quickly @NHProudJudy. 

When I worked I always tried to use the stairs and always held on to the side, whilst the youngsters use to run up and down, often two steps at a time. Same on cruise ships, I'm the slow one taking my time on the stairs.

@NHProudso sorry to hear about your fall. You're really going through it at the moment. Hope you make a rapid recovery both from covid and the fall

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very rainy and not very nice weather in Ft. Lauderdale this morning. It is a better day to end rather than start a cruise. 

It has been a great week with perfect weather. Yesterday we sailed through a 15 or so minute down pour. The advantages of an enclosed solarium became very apparent. 🙂

Flying home on SW. Jet Blue did not have good flight times. I will miss their free internet access on the way home. It was fun contributing to the thread this week. Vacations are fun but I am looking forward to getting home... With a new crystal block and ship model. 🙂🙂 Thanks Odyssey for the great week and the new memories. 

• Like 34

21 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Nothing wrong with having 2 favorites!

So many jokes I could make on this comment…

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Does anyone who had covid have lingering fatigue?  I think Dani mentioned she was fatigued sometime after.  Since July, I am more tired than usual.  Really tired.  I had to take a rest in the middle of packing for our cruise.  All that walking back and forth did me in.  It could be the natural aging process.  Either way it stinks! 😏I just want to be on that ship already!

After my first round of Covid in April 2022 I had a lot of malaise for a period of time but no other lingering effects. A few weeks though, nothing like your experience.  My second time with it was a walk in the park. The head cold I’ve had for the last 10 days has been substantially worse than my round two. 

I’m sorry your experience has been never ending for you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Very rainy and not very nice weather in Ft. Lauderdale this morning. It is a better day to end rather than start a cruise. 

It has been a great week with perfect weather. Yesterday we sailed through a 15 or so minute down pour. The advantages of an enclosed solarium became very apparent. 🙂

Flying home on SW. Jet Blue did not have good flight times. I will miss their free internet access on the way home. It was fun contributing to the thread this week. Vacations are fun but I am looking forward to getting home... With a new crystal block and ship model. 🙂🙂 Thanks Odyssey for the great week and the new memories. 

Jade will be happy to see you.  I love the enclosed solariums.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

My son and his fiancé had their civil marriage ceremony yesterday, 2/3/2023.  It wasn’t at the courthouse but at a business office set up as something like a Vegas chapel.  Here is where you bring you marriage license, you sign papers, they perform the ceremony and they file and send in the paperwork. The room was decorated very pretty but only ten people are allowed at a ceremony.  So just some immediate family members came.  Afterwards, we got some catered food to serve at my MIL’s house for 14 of us.  It was a very nice day and event.  I ordered a cake and made the silk flower cake topper for it and surprised them with it.  Their actual wedding and reception will be a destination wedding later this month in Mexico.

We started our trip to the ceremony very very early Thursday morning.

748710F9-E031-4B81-981A-63A1B6C43587.thumb.jpeg.4c5154bfb9f74601560720711ed01116.jpeg

The room where the ceremony was performed

B6640275-8877-4BE9-A0FD-88BD5166ADAE.thumb.jpeg.e58d19d212e62278c61668764c40805e.jpeg

52821889-D934-4730-9F3C-F3A7E39E5013.thumb.jpeg.0dc20c1a90c39051a123a2b60bb7a2a6.jpeg

The cake topper that I made

DDC55857-0ACF-47B0-87D9-80D4EB567350.thumb.jpeg.4024f45de09ab02bdb49a5aa94142db6.jpeg

The Cake- Chocolate cake with Strawberry Filling/Whipped Cream Frosting

6704268D-39B2-4594-9F63-6BC47244789B.thumb.jpeg.a161ab6af491f7413fd275cb902dd1fd.jpeg

10342489-5C0A-40F9-A113-7FBC6266AE76.thumb.jpeg.f65140cad422dfa08f4f9f4316d9d2da.jpeg

798207B2-0EEA-41AF-B688-90112C00D0EB.thumb.jpeg.aff4a66e70c9d49067698e86f62f0723.jpeg

1B6A3EC3-64B1-4558-85A7-BFBE91129AE3.thumb.jpeg.44bdc66cb7aaa5ba24e94325fb7e392d.jpeg

Congratulations to your Son and new DIL. 🥂💐  Everything is beautiful, especially the cake.  Wonderful job on the cake topper.🥰

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Stay safe with those slippery roads, Debbie!  I sure hope it warms up soon for you all.

Today we expect a high in mid 40s then high 50s this week.    Sure has been strange weather this winter.

I kinda miss snow but only if it is a big one where we have off from work.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

So many jokes I could make on this comment…

After my first round of Covid in April 2022 I had a lot of malaise for a period of time but no other lingering effects. A few weeks though, nothing like your experience.  My second time with it was a walk in the park. The head cold I’ve had for the last 10 days has been substantially worse than my round two. 

I’m sorry your experience has been never ending for you. 

Thanks, Andrew.  All of my previous head colds were worse than my covid symptoms, with the exception of fatigue. 

Hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1

Our fist cruise as Pinn is over. 2 weeks on Harmony. Some nice surprises, but at the end, not so nice.  Could not find my suitcase when we got off. Searched all over the luggage hall, with the help of numerous porters, no luck.  I could wait awhile to see if it shows up, but we have a B3B coming up next Sunday, so I need to get a new suitcase, and a lot of clothes. Then , when we got home, my laptop refused to boot up. It is dead.  I need it to print luggage tags for our next cruise. So, off to Best Buy for a new computer. At least these days every thing from the old computer is stored on the cloud, so really didn't lose much there.

DW has been having some difficulty walking recently, so we have been requesting wheelchair assistance for boarding. Earlier cruises, they would have us go inside, where the have a group of chairs where she could sit , and wheelchairs would be delivered and someone would wheel her on board. This time, I went to the Pinn checkin, showed my boarding pass  as a Pinn, someone went to get the wheelchair, we were checked in right there, went through security, and onto the ship.  

I buy a freestyle soda cup since the chip does not have my drink mixer, caffeine free diet   Coke, and when I went to get the cup, the guy saw my gold seapass card, and got on his phone, and found out that I now get a 40% credit for the cup, which is actually good for 2 weeks, even though you only pay for the one voyage.

WE always us MTD, but as a Pinn, there is a separate checkin desk, no waiting in a huge line.

For the time being, the new menu is a bit of a disappointment, with the reduced choices. We have been looking at the CK menu, we'll have to give it a try soon. I did try the Pinn option of breakfast at Chops one morning,  But I just prefer JR, it is just a more comfortable atmosphere for breakfast for me. 

Then we get the 6 free drinks now, but we never used them all. Guess I just cannot drink that much anymore. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Safe travels.   Happy to hear you were to get a ship model?   Did they restock store or someone else help get you one?

3 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Our fist cruise as Pinn is over. 2 weeks on Harmony. Some nice surprises, but at the end, not so nice.  Could not find my suitcase when we got off. Searched all over the luggage hall, with the help of numerous porters, no luck.  I could wait awhile to see if it shows up, but we have a B3B coming up next Sunday, so I need to get a new suitcase, and a lot of clothes. Then , when we got home, my laptop refused to boot up. It is dead.  I need it to print luggage tags for our next cruise. So, off to Best Buy for a new computer. At least these days every thing from the old computer is stored on the cloud, so really didn't lose much there.

DW has been having some difficulty walking recently, so we have been requesting wheelchair assistance for boarding. Earlier cruises, they would have us go inside, where the have a group of chairs where she could sit , and wheelchairs would be delivered and someone would wheel her on board. This time, I went to the Pinn checkin, showed my boarding pass  as a Pinn, someone went to get the wheelchair, we were checked in right there, went through security, and onto the ship.  

I buy a freestyle soda cup since the chip does not have my drink mixer, caffeine free diet   Coke, and when I went to get the cup, the guy saw my gold seapass card, and got on his phone, and found out that I now get a 40% credit for the cup, which is actually good for 2 weeks, even though you only pay for the one voyage.

WE always us MTD, but as a Pinn, there is a separate checkin desk, no waiting in a huge line.

For the time being, the new menu is a bit of a disappointment, with the reduced choices. We have been looking at the CK menu, we'll have to give it a try soon. I did try the Pinn option of breakfast at Chops one morning,  But I just prefer JR, it is just a more comfortable atmosphere for breakfast for me. 

Then we get the 6 free drinks now, but we never used them all. Guess I just cannot drink that much anymore. 

Sorry to hear about luggage.   Hopefully someone finds it and calls you.

A couple years ago, someone grabbed Eric's bag by mistake and they called us to let us know they were dropping off at the port.  We were about 2 hrs away from Baltimore cruise port and turned around to get it before they closed down for the week.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Safe travels.   Happy to hear you were to get a ship model?   Did they restock store or someone else help get you one?

Apparently the sales manager that I originally talked to did a search of some storage room and managed to come up with the model. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear about luggage.   Hopefully someone finds it and calls you.

A couple years ago, someone grabbed Eric's bag by mistake and they called us to let us know they were dropping off at the port.  We were about 2 hrs away from Baltimore cruise port and turned around to get it before they closed down for the week.

This is why I do self assist. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today we expect a high in mid 40s then high 50s this week.    Sure has been strange weather this winter.

I kinda miss snow but only if it is a big one where we have off from work.

Glad to hear it is going to warm up for you!  We talked to our daughter in Ct. and she said the pipe in her kitchen froze;  luckily it didn't burst!  I forget what the minus negative temp was that she told us.  She is a teacher, and has out door duty when the kids are arriving in the morning, and when they leave in the afternoon.  That is one miserable job when it is so frigid outside!  Brrr!!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Safe travels, OB.  Glad you had such a wonderful time on the ship!  Jade will be so happy to see you later today!  Also...congrats on getting the crystal block and ship model!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1