Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh no, that sounds painful.   Did they put any pins in your ankle?  Bonnie I am so sorry to hear about your accident and wish you a full recovery.💐🌻

Maybe the kids and grands can visit you this summer.

Thank you all for your get well wishes.  What a great support group we are!

Debbie, my daughter and grands are talking about a trip to see us in August.   Hold good thoughts it will happen!

Pain is bearable if I don't move which I try not to.

EEk vampire lady  is here about to take my blood.

Stay well, everyone!

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 13

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks. 

אוי בוני,

איזה חוסר מזל. באסה.

So sorry for you, for the pain and the disappointment. 🤞 you'll heal quickly and fully.

Do u get to keep your job? 😘

• Like 1

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks.  Lots of hardware and pain.  I didn't see a step down outside my apt complex to get to Jack who was picking me up.  I'm now a rehab in patient. for at least 3 weeks. Bed rest for 2 weeks. Nothing weight bearing. Full use of my foot will take approx. 4 months.Cancelled NJ trip to see kid and grands. Oy!!!

Couldn't read all the posts I've missed.  Hope all is well with everyone.

So sorry to read that!
Such a shock it must have been to miss that step and then to get the news that your ankle break was so bad. 

I hope it heals well and that your recovery period goes quickly. You’ll have time to read, which would be my silver lining. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Ocean BoyWishing you a happy belated birthday! Between two doctors’ appointments and one dinner theater yesterday, I never got on the internet. 
I hope you had a super good dinner to celebrate and good wishes to go with the ones from our CC family. 

• Like 1

I had ankle ER surgery 3 days ago to repair 3 breaks.  Lots of hardware and pain.  I didn't see a step down outside my apt complex to get to Jack who was picking me up.  I'm now a rehab in patient. for at least 3 weeks. Bed rest for 2 weeks. Nothing weight bearing. Full use of my foot will take approx. 4 months.Cancelled NJ trip to see kid and grands. Oy!!!

Wow,I hope you heal quickly and get get good PT and pain medication.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Bonnie, I hope the healing is quick and you bounce back on your feet quickly, (no pun intended).

Do not understand but we are having a major surge in COVID in our area of Ohio.

Symptoms as broadcast on the news

Headaches

Fever

Body ache

Head congestion.

The local hospital has had a few admissions with COVID, but most if not all have co morbidity issues.

Getting my second booster next week.

Also, just heard the tail end of a story and need to research it.

Hurricane????

Stay healthy 

A Covid surge in NY in many different areas .Four cases of Legionaires in NYC this week.

47 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@ATG, somehow it reminds me of Tom Jones' song... G G Grass of Home 😕

SMH 

Wrong quote! 

I wanted to thank you for your good wishes in English and Hebrew.  

Not sure about my job since no date could be given when I will return.  Boss said to take care and they will cover my work the best they can.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Fantastic! He must be so proud!!!

I watched a video of hom walking up to see how he did.  He was so excited.   If he keeps his interest in photography I could see him  Inheriting my camera equipment. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

@Ocean BoyWishing you a happy belated birthday! Between two doctors’ appointments and one dinner theater yesterday, I never got on the internet. 
I hope you had a super good dinner to celebrate and good wishes to go with the ones from our CC family. 

Thanks very much!

Well that was a snap.  Todd returned with the plague on Saturday and he's back home sans mask today, no fever, no symptoms to speak of.  He only ran low grade temp for 3 days!  His taste is a little off but he enjoyed lunch today anyway, and is just fatigued a little.  I remember when folks were saying it took months to regain strength back in 2020!

Now his folks and brother back in SA all have it, drat!  But we entered his info in the CDC algorithm and it said he could come out of quarantine yesterday...so we gave it till today.  It does recommend use of mask for another 4 days if out in public, but he's not going anywhere.  We are still distancing, keeping 10 ft or so away from each other inside the house.  So far so good, I'm tip top.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Well that was a snap.  Todd returned with the plague on Saturday and he's back home sans mask today, no fever, no symptoms to speak of.  He only ran low grade temp for 3 days!  His taste is a little off but he enjoyed lunch today anyway, and is just fatigued a little.  I remember when folks were saying it took months to regain strength back in 2020!

Now his folks and brother back in SA all have it, drat!  But we entered his info in the CDC algorithm and it said he could come out of quarantine yesterday...so we gave it till today.  It does recommend use of mask for another 4 days if out in public, but he's not going anywhere.  We are still distancing, keeping 10 ft or so away from each other inside the house.  So far so good, I'm tip top.

Good to hear he is back home and feeling better.     Fingers and toes crossed you remain well (or maybe it is better to get it and get it over with it ???)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sorry to read about your injury Bonnie. Adding my wishes for an easy recovery & rehab for you.  

@BonTexasNYAdd me to the list of the "sorry to hear" about your ankle.  I broke my foot in February of 2020 in four places and was non weight bearing for 4 months, so I know how it goes.  Luckily I did not require surgery and was able to go on a cruise and to Disney World before we all stayed home in March!  Once you start therapy it will help a lot!

Jennifer

• Like 2

Stayed up past 1am watching the Trooping of the Colour. London had a day of glorious weather for it after rain the day before. Loved the spectacle of it all. Seamus  the Irish wolfhound mascot of the Irish Guards.  The horses, uniforms and precision marching.   Lovely to see the Queen clearly enjoying it all and chatting with 4 year old Prince Louis on Buckingham Palace balcony. The aerial display at the very end was special too.

Glad I stayed up to watch it live since the Queen has now pulled out of the service of remembrance at St Paul’s on Friday.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Luckynana  I hope you are feeling better.    Pressure washing looks easy but does take a lot out of you.   

If you have any flat surfaces to do like patio pavers, walkways or decking I highly recommend a surface cleaner attachment for your pressure washer.

Eric bought one and I tried it out on our patio pavers and works awesome.   So much easier and quicker than just using the wand sprayer on pressure washer.

Thanks Debbie.  I was fine yesterday, but today the old back is hurting.  Thank goodness for the heating pad and advil!  Thank you for the heads up about the surface cleaner attachment.  I mentioned it to Jim, and he said it's definitely worth getting.

20 hours ago, Coralc said:

We have one of those. It is an attachment for our pressure washer. They do work well. :classic_biggrin:

Now that the countertops, new sink and cabinets are in, the tile backsplash people are indicating that the Formica is a problem and will need to be removed. And if the sheet rock is damaged in the removal, it will need to be replaced. No one seems to be quite sure who is going to do this removal without damaging the new cabinets and countertops. 

I'm sorry to hear about your backsplash conundrum, Patti.  Hopefully it can be resolved quickly.  I sure hope someone steps up and takes charge.  How stressful for you and Bill.

19 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I used one after wasting a bunch of time without it. They are so efficient

👍

19 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I have lost my sense of smell and taste and it is not fun.  I can taste grease, pizza just tasted like burnt grease, donut tasted like grease, most everything else just pretty much nothing.  I can smell orange but not really anything else.  I did a bleach load of laundry today and couldn't even smell that.  

Oh no!  I sure hope you get your taste and smell back soon.  

19 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Caden entered some pics in the fair.  It got several blue ribbons and was excited to get his first.purple!

IMG_2294.thumb.jpg.d0fcfd04a8b390ba4a458cd1971b9133.jpg

Caden's purple ribbon is well deserved!!!  What a great picture!!!🏆

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Stayed up past 1am watching the Trooping of the Colour. London had a day of glorious weather for it after rain the day before. Loved the spectacle of it all. Seamus  the Irish wolfhound mascot of the Irish Guards.  The horses, uniforms and precision marching.   Lovely to see the Queen clearly enjoying it all and chatting with 4 year old Prince Louis on Buckingham Palace balcony. The aerial display at the very end was special too.

Glad I stayed up to watch it live since the Queen has now pulled out of the service of remembrance at St Paul’s on Friday.

I watched some of it on TV while working from home.   They sure are having perfect weather for the special day.      She looks great!     Prince Louis is a funny one.

She truly is an amazing woman.    God Bless the Queen

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So sorry to hear about your broken ankle, Bonnie.  I hope the pain subsides quickly!  My niece broke her foot and has finally been getting around with the skooter(?) thingy where you rest your leg on it and use your good foot to push you around...I don't think I'm explaining it properly...

Sorry your NJ trip to see your daughter and grandchildren had to be canceled.☹️

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Her Majesty the Queen's Platinum jubilee services are due to start in 45 minutes.

It is currently 55°F and sunny with a high of 62°F expected this afternoon.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health.

Graham.

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

Just about to put out the bunting outside our house 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Her Majesty the Queen's Platinum jubilee services are due to start in 45 minutes.

It is currently 55°F and sunny with a high of 62°F expected this afternoon.

I hope everyone is safe and in good health.

Graham.

Very exciting!  Congratulations to your wonderful Queen!  I was watching her festivities this morning.  

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

Just about to put out the bunting outside our house 

What an exciting time for your all!  Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1