Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 5/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, harryfat1 said:

Hi, Patti,

How is retirement treating you?  Appreciate the shout out.  Thanks for remembering me even though I haven't posted a cruise report for past few years.  Didn't realize there's a mooring line fan club.  I will be sure to take some pictures in my upcoming Alaska cruise to share for the 5 of us that appreciate them.

I also post urinal pictures in the past.  Have I inspired many lady cruisers from CC to upload their favorite personal pictures online?

20190701_134459 (1).jpg

20210810_091408 (4).jpg

I like bathrooms too!! From my most recent review on Carnival Radiance. People needed to be informed about the door vacant/occupied colors. Also they need to see buffet hand washing stations. Or so this fellow cheapo reviewer believes. 

BEE857B3-6213-4F6F-B23A-9268CE838BDF.thumb.jpeg.a64246823374f2d4d4793d1ad7af3b8f.jpeg

7C7BA2FB-22C1-47F1-B677-3C63D23EF424.thumb.jpeg.c74cf6e26e1773801b6907b539cb087c.jpeg

1F8B3080-698F-4BAB-93FB-C15D2147E214.thumb.jpeg.6afec53dc503dd521ad7541c53aaab0d.jpeg

E178F87C-4CF3-402D-A7C9-2F3B98DB8975.thumb.jpeg.67c03c5f1b4137031420b9a8a075f962.jpeg

• Like 3

HAPPY FATHERS DAY.

To all the unsung heroes in our lives.

Dad's

Father in Laws

Grand Fathers

Great Uncles

Spouses

Sons

Brothers

Uncles

Nephews

Their title maybe different, but the gifts they share are never forgotten.

Be safe.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

We went out to dinner last night and stopped after in a little bar that we like for a drink.  I have 2 things to share from that experience.  First, the bartender is a huge Grateful Dead fan.  She said that a lot of Deadheads are now following a kid named Billy Strings.  I'd never heard of him and did some searching this morning.  He's a pretty amazing bluegrass guitarist, and only 29.  If you like that kind of music, definitely go listen to some of his stuff.  There's a video of him playing with Tommy Emmanuel that is particularly impressive.

Second, this old sign was hanging on the wall.  It's not wrong.

APC_2833.thumb.JPG.92782724725585846c9f43aa8c680a9c.JPG

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Another beautiful day here at the beach.  little chill in the area (temp 62f) but it will warm up to low/mid 70's today.    Bright sunny sky and we are all headed out for a morning bike ride then breakfast.

Bike ride coming up hear too. Waiting for the roads to dry after some morning rain. It is only 54° right now. It feels like September.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow that’s cheap. Guess where I’m going for Father’s Day? Thank you.

Extremely cheap , our favorite restaurant steaks start at about 40 for a 6 ounce filet. Was surprised going there Friday , most people dress up there and rarely see shorts on 100 degrees days , now there is a sign no shorts allowed in dinning room at any time . Will stop there tonight for a couple of drinks and listen to singer  piano player who has been playing in Dallas for over 50 years.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Bike ride coming up hear too. Waiting for the roads to dry after some morning rain. It is only 54° right now. It feels like September.

Last night dropped to 57 and was rather windy.   Hopefully that is the end of the 50s with first official day of summer this week.   Enjoy your ride.  We did

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Let me know what you think after you mix the contents of those bottles together.

It was quite good, my wife said it reminds her of being on a cruise. lol   I didn't tell her where I got the idea of the drink mixture.  🙂

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I love Texas Roadhouse ribs!!!!  Yum!

Every time we go to Texas Roadhouse we go with the intentions of trying something different but ALWAYS in the end , end up ordering the 20oz Bone-In Ribeye and it always never disappoints. 🙂

There are plenty of Rib places here is Southwest Virginia that serve outstanding Ribs, so really don't think Texas Roadhouse Ribs could match any of those places.

• Like 3

Woke up to low 50's this morning. Currently 58 and brilliant sunshine with clear skies but with the wind, making it feel like an early autumn day.

Father's Day gift: Sadly, no steak dinner for me but taking a hike with my step daughter up a small mountain (or really tall hill) that has excellent views of the Hudson River with the NYC skyline in the distance, followed by a Battle of the Bands concert at a brewery on the shores of said Hudson River.  Making new memories is what its all about. 🙂

And hopefully I can snag a steak sandwich from one of the food trucks.😉

EDIT TO ADD: There is actually a Texas Roadhouse not to far, may use the link that @Jimbo provided to check out wait times after the concert is over.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 11

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there. Today it’s just me and pups.

Linda is with all her girl cousins in Chicago celebrating a baby shower for her niece. Jonathan has to work so I think I’ll just relax and babysit the puppies.

I am thinking about going to Texas Roadhouse for a steak. Those pics look very tasty.

• Like 13

Well here’s an update from the ball tournament.

We were winning 1/0 top of the third. Owen made two great catches for outs in the outfield. It was his first at bat and as he was running to first, the first baseman got the throw from third.  First baseman was well off the base line and had to tag Owen for the out except he was a great distance away. Instead of tagging Owen with control he hit them with such force that Owen flew in the air. He physically bodychecked him.

So now we are at the hospital emerge. Owen has a broken wrist. Their player was ejected.

I’m waiting in the car because only one person is allowed to go in with them. They’re actually going to put him to sleep to set the wrist. He is in a lot of pain and is also pissed. 

• Like 17

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there. Today it’s just me and pups.

Linda is with all her girl cousins in Chicago celebrating a baby shower for her niece. Jonathan has to work so I think I’ll just relax and babysit the puppies.

I am thinking about going to Texas Roadhouse for a steak. Those pics look very tasty.

You are always with us virtually, so not just you and the pups.😁 Extra Father's day hugs to you.

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We were winning 1/0 top of the third. Owen made two great catches for outs in the outfield. It was his first at bat and as he was running to first, the first baseman got the throw from third.  First baseman was well off the base line and had to tag Owen for the out except he was a great distance away. Instead of tagging Owen with control he hit them with such force that Owen flew in the air. He physically bodychecked him.

So now we are at the hospital emerge. Owen has a broken wrist. Their player was ejected.

I’m waiting in the car because only one person is allowed to go in with them. They’re actually going to put him to sleep to set the wrist. He is in a lot of pain and is also pissed. 

Oh jeez, that tough......Happy Fathers Day in the ER. So sorry.

Broke my thumb playing baseball at about the same age as Owen..........The Doctor said we could set it and hopefully it would be okay or we could put 2 pins in it and he said I can Guarantee you when you are older you will be able to hold a Beer Can with ease......We went for the pins  🙂 Still can see some of the scar on my left thumb to this day. Hand/Thumb is 100%

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Update from Lisa. X-ray done. Just waiting for the procedure to be done and another X-ray to confirm it is set properly. 

Owen’s team also lost. 

Sorry to hear about Owen. Hope he heals quickly, and doesn’t have any lingering problems.  Heck of a way to spend Father’s Day!!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sending Owen our Prayers 🙏 Andrew for a full recovery from his wrist break.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Last night dropped to 57 and was rather windy.   Hopefully that is the end of the 50s with first official day of summer this week.   Enjoy your ride.  We did

Enjoy this week with your brother and SIL!  

Enough with this wind!  I hate to say it, but I'm wearing the Sweatshirt of the day...Fairfield University, along with sweatpants.  C'mon, Mother Nature!  It's the middle of June already!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I wish Owen the best and hope he heals fast.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Update from Lisa. X-ray done. Just waiting for the procedure to be done and another X-ray to confirm it is set properly. 

Owen’s team also lost. 

So sorry to hear this, Andrew☹️.  There goes the Season..  Sometimes it's pretty obnoxious the way some kids/adults play unnecessarily rough.  Our 5ft 1inch daughter was playing 1st base one high school game (I don't remember why they put a short kid on 1st);  anyway, the big girl running to 1st intentionally charged into Jennifer, knocking her down.

I hope Owen gets some quick relief from the pain he's in right now.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Update from Lisa…

So they couldn’t get it all the way back in…they are casting it at the moment, and we will be getting an X-ray and waiting to see the surgeon. Surgery is likely 

Praying for Owen.

• Like 1