Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, George C said:

Just found out both my brother and sister has Covid , both are vaccinated and boosted and both have very mild symptoms, weird that it happen same time my brother is in Florida sister currently in Boston, glad we got our second booster last week. 

I hope their symptoms remain mild. I hope they have a quick recovery. Getting my second booster next week too before we go on Symphony.

46 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I'm cruising next month on Virgin and just found out that they have eliminated pre cruise testing as of next week. One less thing to stress about.

I'm happy that someone started it. I'm still not sure when Royal when follow. I'm planning on testing for our September and October sailings.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have known your name for quite some time .

I appreciate that information. It is a big eye opener for me that I have become way too comfortable and have let my guard down way too much with what I post here. This is something that I will rectify immediately. I am really annoyed with myself right now. All the best to you Len.....

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Vibe said:

You can visit this website. Scroll to the 2nd page and click on the blue brochure downloads for more details

https://unicorp.com/project/otown-west

There is a new street: Daryl Carter Pkwy that goes from there to I-Drive. Additional shopping along the way.

Enjoy your visit.

This is still under construction. Structure is up but not complete I use Daryl Cater every hour (Lol)when in Orlando. I have agree lots of restaurants, shopping etc in the area. I avoid I-4 and use Turkey Lake making a right from DC, all the way to wherever to avoid I4.

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I appreciate that information. It is a big eye opener for me that I have become way too comfortable and have let my guard down with what I post here. This is something that I will rectify immediately. I am really annoyed with myself right now. All the best to you Len.....

I don't know your name.  I even trouble remembering the names of the people who have posted their names.  LOL.  I do know the names of most of the pets who have been posted on here.  Can you tell I am not really a people person?  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I appreciate that information. It is a big eye opener for me that I have become way too comfortable and have let my guard down way too much with what I post here. This is something that I will rectify immediately. I am really annoyed with myself right now. All the best to you Len.....

If it makes you feel any better I do not know your real name and I'm fine that you don't share that. If someday we are on a cruise together and you share it with me I will look at it as a gift.

• Like 7

Just now, Keksie said:

I don't know your name.  I even trouble remembering the names of the people who have posted their names.  LOL.  I do know the names of most of the pets who have been posted on here.  Can you tell I am not really a people person?  LOL

Same with me but I remember the name of every dog I meet!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Many years ago we lived in a condo complex of townhouse, nobody really knew what our names were , but it seemed everyone knew our Siamese ( Joebob the 1st) , he would join us at the pool across from the condo and sit under our chairs , also walk with me to pick up the mail .

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Same with me but I remember the name of every dog I meet!

We’ve been taking Thor to the dog park pretty much every day. I don’t know any of the owners’ names, but Thor is happy to meet Missy, Chloe, Laika, Gunner, Leo, Rocket, Gaeta….

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

FWIW, I don’t know your name either.  And I couldn’t be bothered to go to the trouble of trying to figure it out. If you wanted me/us to know it, you would’ve shared it.  I hope this doesn’t keep you from posting and sharing as it seems like 99.99% of the people here don’t care that you’re anyone but Ocean Boy.  

• Like 13

Yesterday, we took the grandkids to Apple Castle.  They were supposed to learn about corn, but corn will not be ready for two weeks yet.  So instead, they learned about donut decorating. 

icing

18099062-E47A-46B5-B301-7E63DB97D38E.thumb.jpeg.40b2570b479998e31db1b26ccc91f82b.jpeg

and sprinkles 

38048C4F-0EAE-492D-B480-87877D4C67FF.thumb.jpeg.b610985bf21a30121eef720f0e340fda.jpeg

They were all pretty tasty

CD7CB0D9-20ED-49F7-96A3-996A98B82623.thumb.jpeg.683124847454427020bb99ed7ec4b3f5.jpeg

Of course, all the kids had to be reminded to not lick the spoons

For the afternoon, we all went boating. It seems we have to feed the geese as soon as we launch. 

7B73CC29-86C7-4C98-A347-FC0671B46C40.thumb.jpeg.4786bf85c43f5b16e45b5fa163751366.jpeg

It was a very nice afternoon on the lake, but wind kicked up the waves quite a bit.  Wind and waves were too strong to anchor one place we wanted, so we went to a sheltered cove. 

And I did something I had not done for 4 weeks.  Mowed my grass.  Finished just before some storms rolled thru. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

it.  I hope this doesn’t keep you from posting and sharing as it seems like 99.99% of the people here don’t care that you’re anyone but Ocean Boy.  

+1

You mean OB is not his name!

• Haha 7

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, we took the grandkids to Apple Castle.  They were supposed to learn about corn, but corn will not be ready for two weeks yet.  So instead, they learned about donut decorating. 

icing

18099062-E47A-46B5-B301-7E63DB97D38E.thumb.jpeg.40b2570b479998e31db1b26ccc91f82b.jpeg

and sprinkles 

38048C4F-0EAE-492D-B480-87877D4C67FF.thumb.jpeg.b610985bf21a30121eef720f0e340fda.jpeg

They were all pretty tasty

CD7CB0D9-20ED-49F7-96A3-996A98B82623.thumb.jpeg.683124847454427020bb99ed7ec4b3f5.jpeg

Of course, all the kids had to be reminded to not lick the spoons

For the afternoon, we all went boating. It seems we have to feed the geese as soon as we launch. 

7B73CC29-86C7-4C98-A347-FC0671B46C40.thumb.jpeg.4786bf85c43f5b16e45b5fa163751366.jpeg

It was a very nice afternoon on the lake, but wind kicked up the waves quite a bit.  Wind and waves were too strong to anchor one place we wanted, so we went to a sheltered cove. 

And I did something I had not done for 4 weeks.  Mowed my grass.  Finished just before some storms rolled thru. 

I wish I was one of your grand kids. It is so much cheering seeing your family time pictures and reading your posts. Getting tired of the crabby complainers (CC new name for Cruise Critic). I need to see cutie pics, grands, kitties, doggies. Peace.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

FWIW, I don’t know your name either.  And I couldn’t be bothered to go to the trouble of trying to figure it out. If you wanted me/us to know it, you would’ve shared it.  I hope this doesn’t keep you from posting and sharing as it seems like 99.99% of the people here don’t care that you’re anyone but Ocean Boy.  

@Ocean Boy

What Deb said.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, if it's any consolation, I do not want to know your name. Don't you dare tell me! 😉

In all seriousness, I get where you are coming from. I too, kept things close to  the vest but slowly let my guard down a bit & wonder if I've revealed too much info. This is a great core group of people we have here & someday I hope to meet all of you in real life, even those who I may not necessary see eye-to-eye on certain things. But as we saw the other day, the front door is wide open and anybody can walk in, either announced or worse, in stalker mode.   Not referring to Robin, who seems to be friends with many here already.  Sometimes I wonder if it'd be better if this thread would be better off in a less-trafficked area like Floataway Lounge.

And even if I did find out your name, I'd probably forget it. Even when people post their names, I don't keep track. Too many Dani's, Debbie's, Sues, Johns, etc. And I don't even try to remember spouses or kids names.  That's why I always address people by their CC name.  Heck, I can barely keep track of the peoples names I know IRL.

Pretty much only @John&LaLa and @George C are the only names I can remember, for obvious reasons.LOL.

And Lenny, of course. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I thought your name was Ocean Boy.  Dr. Boy.

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

You mean OB is not his name!

11 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Short for Obadiah!

I thought it was OB-Wan-Kenobi. May the force be with him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Don't worry OB.

I always forget names and call everyone Mate for men and pet or darling for women (North East England Slang)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1