Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think the important thing is to not feed the trolls.  We can continue to keep our thread the happy place it has been and just ignore the others who want to make a scene.  We can welcome the people who will respect what this thread has become.

I absolutely agree.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My daughter was with us who does not ear crab legs.  She ordered the pulled pork sliders and at only $13 for 3 large sliders and we were definitely surprised at how good they were.

Thanks.  That's good to know.  I think she would love them.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think the important thing is to not feed the trolls.  We can continue to keep our thread the happy place it has been and just ignore the others who want to make a sceneWe can welcome the people who will respect what this thread has become.

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I absolutely agree. Graham.

👍

• Like 12

Our home internet has crashed during the day for the last three days.  It has been coming back about 7pm each night.  One good thing about it is that we are learning we can get by without it.  We both are doing just fine with our cellphone internet service.   Also cable is getting less.  We watch less current shows. That Girl is on right now and last night we watched Johnny Carson.  I am sure these older shows stream. 

• Like 3

@dani negreanuHow are you feeling, Dani?  Any better? 

I am very happy to say that I just had a clementine for an afternoon snack and for the first time in over two months, I tasted it!  Citrus has been one of the few scents I can smell and have for a while, but I finally tasted it!  Baby steps I know but it is something! 😄 

• Like 14

On 7/21/2022 at 10:43 AM, HBE4 said:

In all seriousness, I get where you are coming from. I too, kept things close to  the vest but slowly let my guard down a bit & wonder if I've revealed too much info. This is a great core group of people we have here & someday I hope to meet all of you in real life, even those who I may not necessary see eye-to-eye on certain things.  Sometimes I wonder if it'd be better if this thread would be better off in a less-trafficked area like Floataway Lounge.

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hate to say it, but it might be time to move this thread to Floataway Lounge 

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Great minds. I had just said the same thing recently. 🙂

I agree.  Just my 2 cents.  There is so much information that is shared on this thread.  People’s personal information -families, names of family members and all their activities,  personal health and medical issues.  It is all open on the general forum.  I am really grateful to Dani who started this thread and I know that this group has formed a strong bond and we talk about all kinds of topics.  That is precisely why it really belongs in the Floataway Lounge where you can discuss anything.  The Routine thread is very similar to John’s thread and it’s accessible just fine.  This thread doesn’t have to end.  Just moved to the Floataway Lounge- “A place for cruisers to get together to discuss their favorite topic…..cruising & other items!!”

Please don’t hate on me.  These are just my thoughts.  

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Citrus has been one of the few scents I can smell and have for a while, but I finally tasted it! 

Thanks for asking, really "really" 😘

So sorry you had it rough. Losing the smell and taste was one of my biggest worries, given that my "personal chef" is, on a daily basis, shelling out many delicacies 😉

Glad it is coming back to you, even if only with "baby steps".

My recovery is taking its time, with tiredness and a dry and annoying cough being prevalent. DH having some underlying conditions, good that he's, meanwhile, on the "clear".

• Like 12

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Sunshine3601That is a pretty garden and crepe myrtles. Our tree doesn’t bloom until late August. The blossoms are the same color as yours.

Thank you.     My first myrtle is the bright pink one that I have in the back patio.     After having that I fell in love with them so I planted the deep red with dark red leaves in the garden out front shown in my first photo.     

Then I have a very dark, almost black colored leaves on the other corner of the house and one at back of the fence and they both bloom white but not until late summer / early September.     

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks for asking, really "really" 😘

So sorry you had it rough. Losing the smell and taste was one of my biggest worries, given that my "personal chef" is, on a daily basis, shelling out many delicacies 😉

Glad it is coming back to you, even if only with "baby steps".

My recovery is taking its time, with tiredness and a dry and annoying cough being prevalent. DH having some underlying conditions, good that he's, meanwhile, on the "clear".

I am glad your DH has stayed negative, especially with underlying conditions.  The cough lingered for us too.  Just take care of yourself and let your chef take care of you.  You want yourself all recovered for your next trip! 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Debbie,has Eric tried the Diabetic socks ?

Yes, thank you for asking.     I ordered some thru amazon and he has been wearing this week.   I got the crew sock.     He likes that the top of the sock is not tight.      He's not very mobile right now due to the broken sacrum but hopefully they will help with circulation and blood pressure once he is back on his feet😀

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Ourusualbeach How about sharing some Alaska pics.  How was the cruise?   Did it live up to expectations.  

My Sister-in-law (Susan’s sister) and brother-in-law are on Ovation for this week’s cruise to Alaska.  It is their first cruise.  I will be interested in seeing their pictures.  We were booked with them for 2020, and we know how that year went.

Looks like our only chance of getting to Alaska will be if we take our grandson next year. Will have to see.  We already have 4 booked from January thru May.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I think he will be comfortable with it after about a week.  

Our other grandson says he is ready to learn to waterski, so we will be watching for a nice, calm day.  We have youth skis, wake boards, knee board, and a board to learn on, so I am sure he will find somethings he likes. 

You and Susan are awesome grandparents!💕

18 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’ve been a klutz all my life, 

Me also.  One of the reasons I've been going to PT for a couple of weeks now.  My neck and spine are what you could call a clusterf***  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

I was out with friends a couple years ago and a bar in Michigan served apple cider and Fireball over ice with a donut hole (from a local legend bakery) on a stick for a garnish.  

I'm not much of a booze drinker, but it was quite delish!

I think this is one of the reasons that Fireball is so popular.  I know a few people who are not booze drinkers but enjoy their Fireball.  Tastes like candy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The garden looks great.  I notice no Canadian plants. 🤔

None in my photos🤣     

How's your garden holding up in this heat?

I have been water every evening.   The cucumbers always seem to want more water than any other plant.     I picked about 5 dozen super sweets this morning and another dozen or so of amish paste and a bunch of big boys.     I plan on making some bruschetta and salsa this weekend. As well as eggplant parm with sauce from the amish paste tomatoes.    Yum😀

Our lawn is looking so burnt out.   I think I will set up the sprinkler for front and back yard this evening.   We have 2 of these sprinklers, they work great as they self drive around your yard.

https://www.amazon.com/Nelson-Train-Tractor-Traveling-Sprinkler/dp/B06XF8KQY4/ref=asc_df_B06XF8KQY4/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366329529258&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13437718792915580205&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1025298&hvtargid=pla-794173955493&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=77768418938&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366329529258&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13437718792915580205&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1025298&hvtargid=pla-794173955493

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Sunshine3601That is a pretty garden and crepe myrtles. Our tree doesn’t bloom until late August. The blossoms are the same color as yours.

@LionesssI wouldn’t argue with those pups! Dinner ? Yes, coming right up !

Mimi- Thinking of your friend Ginny today. Have you heard how she is doing ?

Wishing all here a peaceful day.

MJ🙋🏻

We haven’t heard a word. Our source is not responding to calls, texts, or emails. 
I’m thinking she’s at the hospital with Ginny. 
Thanks for asking. We’re all worried and trying to be patient. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I've thought about that too if we would be safe from intruders there. I do like the fact that Bella's thread is there. I don't mind that we are in the main thread. I always keep at least 3 tabs open on my browser, One for Dani's, One for Bella, and the main boards. Makes it easy to switch around.

I keep the same 3 tabs open, but don't go to the main Royal page as much as I used to.  I stayed away when it was just a bunch of arguing and bickering after Covid hit.  When I do venture back there, I find it's more like it was pre-Covid, but I'm out of the habit of visiting there regularly.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@dani negreanu I reallllly wish you could get over that nasty virus!! So glad your hubby is staying well. Hopefully, you will feel your best for your family vacation. 

Take care,

Sue

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think this is one of the reasons that Fireball is so popular.  I know a few people who are not booze drinkers but enjoy their Fireball.  Tastes like candy.

I have a feeling it was my love of apple cider that sealed the deal for me.... I could drink a gallon of that stuff every day of the year and be happy, but that's way too many calories for this fattie. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Meanwhile, gadeners up here in Canada have their own issues.

Screenshot_20220721-190858_Facebook.jpg

My orthopedist and his wife liked the plant growing by the door of their new country club home. 
It flourished over two or three years. 
Then they had visitors that included a teenager, who promptly asked “They let you grow pot here?”

• Haha 15