Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

The original Love Boat Show was instrumental in opening up cruise industry popularity.  It was an iconic show, and we welcomed the cast into our homes and looked forward to seeing them every week.  I don't watch much TV now but watching a re-do of one of my favorite shows would not be on my agenda.  

Capt. Stubing - stern with a heart of gold

Julie - perky

Doc = womanizer from the get go

Isaac - fun guy, best smile

Gopher - cute as a button

And, nobody can sing the opening Love Boat song like Jack Jones.  Nobody,

Robert Urich had a love boat show that lasted one season. I always liked him.

• Like 1

Has anyone had any success getting a Royal UP bid accepted on the ship after receiving one of the emails saying the onboard team is still reviewing and we will hear on the ship?  I got the email tonight.  It says they will charge our onboard account if our bid is accepted but I have never read any posts saying someone got their bid accepted on the ship.  We booked a dirt cheap balcony, so put in a stronger bid then we have in the past.  Guess we won't unpack until after we sail...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Wasn’t Dallas and Dukes of Hazard on Friday nights as well. Maybe a couple years later? 

Dallas & Dukes were on CBS.  Love Boat & Fantasy Island were ABC. I also think they were on different nights because I watched all 4 shows & I'm pretty sure we didn't have VCR at the time. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And the captain being involved with the nonsense that was going on was so ludicrous as if a ship's captain has nothing better to do.

Is he really the captain or is he an actor playing a captain?

26 minutes ago, George C said:

Robert Urich had a love boat show that lasted one season. I always liked him.

I vaguely remember that show.  I loved the show where his office was in a garage?  Maybe Vegas?  Unfortunately, he died all too young.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Does the pumpkin spice taste very good? Much of am artificial taste?

They have a couple different skinny pumpkins flavors.  I like just a splash of the regular pumpkin spice in my coffee.   The pumpkin caramel is way to sweet /artificial tasting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

He was asked that question on the show. His response was that he is the actual captain of the ship. That is all I have to go by.

You're right, it's odd that the captain would engage in reality show tomfoolery.    Maybe he's taking a time out from having his picture taken with guests? 

Not that I doubted you but I had to look up why. Here's what I found, pretty interesting article.  Apparently, more interesting than the show.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-real-love-boat-rebecca-romijn-jerry-oconnor-ted-lange-jill-whelan-1235394123/ 

The bartender & cruise director are real too.  And the CD met his future wife on a cruise ship. I guess Princess Cruise Lines really is The Love Boat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/5/2022 at 11:37 PM, dani negreanu said:

. Last time we were in Venice it was actually the first time we stayed there and not in Mestre. It was so much better.

I'm wary about the weather in February, but after Covid hiatus, I'm willing to take my chances.

It was very chilly, but sunny when we went a few years ago at the end of Feb for my birthday trip, take warm clothes.  I couldn't figure out why the hotel was so expensive one night but not the other.  Didn't realise we were there the last day/night of carnival until we reached St Marks Square and saw all the people dressed up in costume.

There was an amazing firework display over the lagoon the last night of carnival,  but it was very cold standing around waiting for it to start.

See thick coats and scaves in the pic below on the gondola.

A good murder/thriller series which really gets under the skin of Venice is by Philip Gwynne Jones. I've read them all and enjoyed them all.

20221007_090911.thumb.jpg.3857108fb69fb5b8723efff339b8c87e.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is an autumn booster?

We were going to get our 3rd COVID booster this month. My doctor said to wait till three months after the onset of our bout with COVID. 
Maybe because we’ll already have a boost from the infection?
That puts our shot right after Thanksgiving. 
I had not read that anywhere. 
And then saw it in the New York Times. 
 Don’t know if that adds credence or takes it away. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are also getting the "autumn C booster". Wanted to get it done before we cruise end of October and with long enough buffer for flu shot. Did not want to take them together.
We will have to compare who screams loudest! 😁🤣

We had them both last weekend, one in each arm. Gary had headache and sore arms for a couple of days, I just has the sore arms. For covid it's our second booster.

Hopefully it will give some immunity to serious illness if we catch it again .

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I missed out on an hour of sleep watching that show that I can never get back. You truly are not missing anything. It was so disappointing. They didn't really show any parts of the ship. And the captain being involved with the nonsense that was going on was so ludicrous as if a ship's captain has nothing better to do. It is all about some stupid dating game.

I wish they hadn't put it between Survivor and Amazing Race.  Now I have to find something else to watch for that hour. It work out so much better for me if Survivor was at 7, Amazing Race was at 8 and then I could watch Big Sky at 9. 

• Like 3

We got our 2nd covid booster a few weeks ago, both had sore arms but not much else, will get flu shot sometime this month.  Hearing recommendation is to get flu shot by end of October.

As for The Love Boat, I was avid watcher of the original.  Tried to watch the new one last night, made it half way and deleted.  I can watch many reality shows, even the bachelor franchise when I am in the right mood.  This one just didn't do it, sad I bad high hopes.

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

As I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed some tremors in my hand. I was concerned about Parkinson’s but my doctor says it’s normal with age. I guess time will tell.

All of the women on the maternal side of my family have this. I was told it is called "benign tremors". I don't know how far back it goes, but I knew my great-grandmother and she had it, my grandmother, my mom and her 3 sisters. My grandmother's hands shook so badly that she could barely feed herself anymore at 98. My mom's isn't that bad at 76, but it has destroyed her perfect teacher handwriting. I have no symptoms yet at 49, but I guess I have that to look forward to as I age.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

As for The Love Boat, I was avid watcher of the original.  Tried to watch the new one last night, made it half way and deleted.  I can watch many reality shows, even the bachelor franchise when I am in the right mood.  This one just didn't do it, sad I bad high hopes.

Me, too! I bought all 9 seasons of the original show on DVD during the cruise shutdown in order to get my cruising fix while we couldn't actually sail. I loved that show. So disappointed that this new one is a dating show instead of a cute sitcom.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

We got our 2nd covid booster a few weeks ago, both had sore arms but not much else, will get flu shot sometime this month.  Hearing recommendation is to get flu shot by end of October.

We had our flu shots about 3 weeks ago, today we are going for 3rd Pfizer Booster.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

I wish they hadn't put it between Survivor and Amazing Race.  Now I have to find something else to watch for that hour. It work out so much better for me if Survivor was at 7, Amazing Race was at 8 and then I could watch Big Sky at 9. 

I am so ticked at CBS putting my shiws on later. 
I loved NCIS and Amazing Race. I don’t watch tv as a time user. 
After Jeopardy I’ll watch for an hour, then read. If my 2 shows aren’t on at 8, I don’t watch anything. 
I start reading and don’t go back to tv at 9 or good grief! 10. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

After Jeopardy I’ll watch for an hour, then read. If my 2 shows aren’t on at 8, I don’t watch anything. 

We watch very few shows real time.  We record just about everything and watch at our convenience.  Even do this with the news, can fast forward thru anything we don't want to watch.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Prime time here is 7-10.  Would not be able to stay awake for anything starting at 10.  Jeopardy is at 6 so we watch during dinner.   I knit so it gives me 3 hours of knitting each night.  Plus, any down time during the day.  Although during the day I tend to embroider, spin or weave.

• Like 2