Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Love the stone. Did you order it from somewhere or buy it locally?

Daughter picked it out locally.  The kids had written personal notes to accompany Lucy on her journey.  They were so sweet and heartfelt. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am planning to get mine at the end of October and the flu shot in November.

We made it a family event at my house! All 3 of us got our flu and Omicron boosters at the same time in the same arm. We're all great, no side effects. I was even sick with a cold and was able to get it.

I'm terrified of needles, and was instructed to look away as the shots were given. I honestly didn't even feel the Omicron one. I looked over after what I thought was the first shot and saw them cleaning me up. I was like "So when are we going to do this?" and the immunizer was like "All done"!

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

As I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed some tremors in my hand. I was concerned about Parkinson’s but my doctor says it’s normal with age. I guess time will tell.

Sending prayers 🙏 and best wishes it is not Parkinson's Greg.

Looking forward to your live review in a few weeks.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone going to check out the new Love Boat after Survivor?

I forgot to tape it so I would miss the first 5 weeks anyway.

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think this Love Boat show is terrible and O'Connell contributes to that sentiment.

Sounds like I’m not going to miss anything.

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Rory and D got a bird. Blue Gold Macaw

received_2069143140141208.thumb.jpeg.84eacdefff1327882af2dfab9db09f84.jpeg

No name yet, waiting on gender verification

received_1916126005243059.thumb.jpeg.1b57706b00ea1dd3cba4316143712f4a.jpeg

Of course it has a leash🤣🤣

received_896637454647734.thumb.jpeg.c9dc252117e9d12952cf90a7f917f168.jpeg

And Maria got a 'puppy'

20221003_095922.thumb.jpg.e3398a70ce2c9f4cc73024d0ffc059c2.jpg

Bell hasn't met it yet

Love the colors of the bird.

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We are also getting the "autumn C booster". Wanted to get it done before we cruise end of October and with long enough buffer for flu shot. Did not want to take them together.
We will have to compare who screams loudest! 😁🤣

We got our second booster last month. Mike opted to get the covid and flu shot together, but I wanted to wait. Got my flu shot 3 days ago. Definitely wanted the booster and flu shots before this trip.

6 hours ago, George C said:

Got it from ship

When I asked they said they were out. Guess they will have to mail them since I probably won’t be on the Allure again. 😥 Won’t fly to Galveston and won’t drive to Port Canaveral for her when she will be doing 3 and 4 day trips.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Next week I will be baking for our friends daughters wedding. 

I thought I would try a no bake cookie. 

They are called “ Church window cookies” 

Some recipes call them Stained glass cookies. 

I used my electric chocolate pan melter and it was so easy. 

Finished product 

EFACC120-C082-4B4B-9B57-21E8CC97C828.thumb.jpeg.8356ae750176f30f6ec5fe678f822355.jpeg

Directions 

C14487BF-A470-4AD3-B3DB-AB715EB25B6B.thumb.jpeg.d4a1fac1b277ebb06f3e813e6a00e627.jpeg

My husbands mom used to make and the spouse cannot wait till I make them.  First time for me. 

Now that I know I can do it I ordered the colored mini marshmallows from Amazon. 

Be safe. 

That looks delicious ! It is the same recipe that you would use for chocolate bark except for the stick of butter . I’ve seen it with 1TBS of shortening or none at all . You can add crushed candy canes , M & M’s , or dried fruit for the holidays.  Spread to desired thickness.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Let me know how you like it?  I have not messed around with mine too much except for change some settings. Got a new magnetic mount. I hope it works better than the failed suction cup mount.

I plan on taking it in the water today. I’m the kind of point and shoot person so I don’t do all kinds of settings. I’ll have to see how it works and go from there.

55 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Daughter picked it out locally.  The kids had written personal notes to accompany Lucy on her journey.  They were so sweet and heartfelt. 

That sounds so sweet for them to do that. I’ll have to look for something like this online next time I need it. It would be nice if it was never, but we know that won’t happen.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Nice rainy day in Curacao today,  we are in the northern area of a potential tropical depression , according to NOAA.  Frequent showers and no sun. This weather may impact our next cruise.

Much the same in Aruba today.  Full cloud cover, and intermittent rain.  But I was in the ocean already, I didn't care if I got wet! 

Higher seas now than we've had the first part of the week. I love finally feeling the ship move, but I feel sorry for anyone who might have motion sickness.  Just because *I* love the motion of the ocean doesn't mean that everyone does. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do you think Pete Rose would have sat out the last game to protect a batting title? Not a chance!

That's the difference between the game back then and now.

I don't disagree with you. I think back then,  players & managers had more integrity for the game. 

The old Joe Demaggio quote when asked why he always played so hard:

"Because it might be some kid's first time seeing me play & they might never see it again".

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Still can't believe the Mets Blew a 10 game lead.

I can. Lol.  I wonder what took them so long. 😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

The last guy to hit 400 was Ted Williams on last day of the season he was at 400 and could have sat out, it was a double header I believe he got 6 hits .

You are correct.  The manager asked Ted if he wanted to sit to protect his .400 average. Technically,  it was 3995 but they round up. Ted replied something to the affect of "I want more than my toenail on the line for 400". 

He went 6 for 8 in the double header & finished with a .406 average. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

As I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed some tremors in my hand. I was concerned about Parkinson’s but my doctor says it’s normal with age. I guess time will tell.

I was diagnosed in 2014.At the time I only had tremors in my right hand.Now It is both hands.I cannot hold a telephone.I have to use a speaker phone .My penmanship is not legible and my walking is affectied.I belong to a Support Group.I do not think that anyone in the group is under 70.There are about 40 regulars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

We made it a family event at my house! All 3 of us got our flu and Omicron boosters at the same time in the same arm. We're all great, no side effects. I was even sick with a cold and was able to get it.

I'm terrified of needles, and was instructed to look away as the shots were given. I honestly didn't even feel the Omicron one. I looked over after what I thought was the first shot and saw them cleaning me up. I was like "So when are we going to do this?" and the immunizer was like "All done"!

I had been getting the shots from a neighborhood pharmacy.I tried to schedule the same Pharmacist every time.The last time I was there she was not available and I got the vaccination from somebody else and had a lot of pain afterward.Perhaps I would have had it with my regular person ?

Isn't the new Love Boat basically a *ahem* reality dating show? 

Basically nothing in common with the old show. It never occurred to watch it & I used to watch the old Love Boat show all the time.

And Fantasy Island.  Now that would make for a watchable dating show. Probabl would need to be on HBO.😄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was diagnosed in 2014.At the time I only had tremors in my right hand.Now It is both hands.I cannot hold a telephone.I have to use a speaker phone .My penmanship is not legible and my walking is affectied.I belong to a Support Group.I do not think that anyone in the group is under 70.There are about 40 regulars.

So sorry Lenny.

35 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Much the same in Aruba today.  Full cloud cover, and intermittent rain.  But I was in the ocean already, I didn't care if I got wet! 

Higher seas now than we've had the first part of the week. I love finally feeling the ship move, but I feel sorry for anyone who might have motion sickness.  Just because *I* love the motion of the ocean doesn't mean that everyone does. 

I loved Aruba.  I think our cruise on Odyssey back in Feb that stopped in Aruba and Curaçao has my favorite cruise ever. I'm envious of your extended trip.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Isn't the new Love Boat basically a *ahem* reality dating show? 

Basically nothing in common with the old show. It never occurred to watch it & I used to watch the old Love Boat show all the time.

And Fantasy Island.  Now that would make for a watchable dating show. Probabl would need to be on HBO.😄

I think Love Boat and Fantasy Island were back to back on Friday nights.  I was 11 years old that first season of Love Boat.  While everyone else was obsessing over Farah Fawcett I had a secret crush on Lauren Tewes.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Greg.My Support Group has been meeting and or via Zoom for 3 years.Not one person has left the planet .That keeps us all optimistic.

My brother in law has Parkinson's and has for about 5 years now.  He is still able to hunt, fish and drive.  He tells me that they have come along way in Parkinson's treatment that help minimize symptoms but they still have a lot more research to do if there is ever to be cure.  

He is part of walkathon fundraiser that the Parkinson's society does each year that we happily contribute to.  They raise an amazing amount money each year.  Hopefully one day soon they will have an effective, permanent answer.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

My brother in law has Parkinson's and has for about 5 years now.  He is still able to hunt, fish and drive.  He tells me that they have come along way in Parkinson's treatment that help minimize symptoms but they still have a lot more research to do if there is ever to be cure.  

He is part of walkathon fundraiser that the Parkinson's society does each year that we happily contribute to.  They raise an amazing amount money each year.  Hopefully one day soon they will have an effective, permanent answer.

Due to Parkinsons and other illnesses I have not been able to walk unassisted since 2016 .I am getting worse in that regard every day.

When I was able to walk I did an annual Parkinsons Walk in NY..The last Walk that I attempted to do was in September 2019 with my wife holding me but I could not complete it.I get weekly e-mails from the Michael J.Fox Foundation and I am an online member.We have message boards and post there.I do not expect to see a cure in my lifetime.I hope I am wrong..

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You are correct.  The manager asked Ted if he wanted to sit to protect his .400 average. Technically,  it was 3995 but they round up. Ted replied something to the affect of "I want more than my toenail on the line for 400". 

He went 6 for 8 in the double header & finished with a .406 average. 

Ted Williams was the best power hitter that I ever saw,however,Mantle was the best hone run hitter and Mays the best overall player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I forgot to tape it so I would miss the first 5 weeks anyway.

Sounds like I’m not going to miss anything.

I missed out on an hour of sleep watching that show that I can never get back. You truly are not missing anything. It was so disappointing. They didn't really show any parts of the ship. And the captain being involved with the nonsense that was going on was so ludicrous as if a ship's captain has nothing better to do. It is all about some stupid dating game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

Which beach did you go to. 

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I think Love Boat and Fantasy Island were back to back on Friday nights.  I was 11 years old that first season of Love Boat.  While everyone else was obsessing over Farah Fawcett I had a secret crush on Lauren Tewes.  

Wasn’t Dallas and Dukes of Hazard on Friday nights as well. Maybe a couple years later? 

• Like 1

The original Love Boat Show was instrumental in opening up cruise industry popularity.  It was an iconic show, and we welcomed the cast into our homes and looked forward to seeing them every week.  I don't watch much TV now but watching a re-do of one of my favorite shows would not be on my agenda.  

Capt. Stubing - stern with a heart of gold

Julie - perky

Doc = womanizer from the get go

Isaac - fun guy, best smile

Gopher - cute as a button

And, nobody can sing the opening Love Boat song like Jack Jones.  Nobody,

• Like 6