Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a hiccup with our dinner celebration this evening for Chris and Donna.    The new Bride came home from work feeling like crap.    She tested and was negative but will test again tomorrow morning.    So the new Groom is doing his duty of caring for his new Wife❤️

We were already on our way to Center City when we got the call so we decided to stop and grab a bite to eat at Eric's old stomping grounds from his college days at U of P.

Smokey Joe's   https://www.smokeyjoesbar.com/our-menu

The owner even recognized Eric and still has Eric's rowing picture on the wall when his team won (we were last there about 4 or 5 years ago).    They do have really good food at very reasonable prices (link to menu above) since it is a college hang out but does have a mix of ages.

We will wait to hear when Donna is feeling better to reschedule.    Her Mom is coming into town this weekend so maybe she will feel better and her Mom can join us.

Sorry about that. Hopefully she will feel better soon. How nice of your son to take care of her.....Mom trained him well 😉😁and he must have also learnt from Dad.

And again Congrats to all on the nuptials.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Went to go look at Royal’s Black Friday Sale and of course the websites down for maintenance. Rial IT at its best once again.

I think it is the amount of people trying to log into the servers and they are crashing. Plus Royal must have been trying to desperately increase the price back up again in between 🤣

Cruise Planner has been "sailing away" for a long time now on all my cruises.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Went to go look at Royal’s Black Friday Sale and of course the websites down for maintenance. Rial IT at its best once again.

Lovely, I looked earlier and jot impressed with the "sale".  Prices same and some things completely missing like internet.  Was hoping for some decent deals.  Saw on the other site people who got in couldn't pay.  Maybe later.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Lovely, I looked earlier and jot impressed with the "sale".  Prices same and some things completely missing like internet.  Was hoping for some decent deals.  Saw on the other site people who got in couldn't pay.  Maybe later.

Yes the drink package for the Bella Cruise in March is the same that I paid several months ago at $73.00. The Voom and Surf isn't a bad price. I may go ahead and get that if I can ever get on the site.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So at the vigil after the adults spoke they asked the children if they would like to speak.  No one raised their hand except our eight year old granddaughter.  My daughter said she took the microphone like a pro and told her story ending with We miss him and that’s it.  My daughter said she had most everyone in tears.  Hopefully, this was a good thing they did.

What an exceptional and brave girl she is!  

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a hiccup with our dinner celebration this evening for Chris and Donna.    The new Bride came home from work feeling like crap.    She tested and was negative but will test again tomorrow morning.    So the new Groom is doing his duty of caring for his new Wife❤️

We were already on our way to Center City when we got the call so we decided to stop and grab a bite to eat at Eric's old stomping grounds from his college days at U of P.

Smokey Joe's   https://www.smokeyjoesbar.com/our-menu

The owner even recognized Eric and still has Eric's rowing picture on the wall when his team won (we were last there about 4 or 5 years ago).    They do have really good food at very reasonable prices (link to menu above) since it is a college hang out but does have a mix of ages.

We will wait to hear when Donna is feeling better to reschedule.    Her Mom is coming into town this weekend so maybe she will feel better and her Mom can join us.

Hope Donna feels better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Cruise Planner" came back on from it's "gone sailing" message. It keeps zoning out though.

I was able to book the Voom Surf and Stream for $13.99 for two of our cruises. Debbie check out your 12/4 cruise.
I was also able cancel and rebook a watter bottle package at a lower price.
There was not much on sale in shore excursions that we were interested in looking at.

As for lower cruise prices. Nada for our bookings I checked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I am sure glad I got on last night at 11 pm. Whew. I'd probably still be at it. Didnt know things would be so bad on rcl this morning.

We asked for another month of rehab so my mom could get stronger. Little did we know it wasnt up to us to say she didnt feel ready to manage on her own yet. Doctor didnt sign off for extra time past today and today was 3 extra days. 

Going now to bring her home. We have no idea how well this will work, and my b2b on allure is still booked in about 2 weeks. ...get her home and see how it goes. I have dinner planned. .. though I wish I had John's skills and I'd have half a hog butchered and cooked over a open egg by now.

Snagged a couple of excursions. Cancelled one that wasnt on sale, just the ones not as good on sale. Site worked fine last night... bellas cruise says it sailed without me lol. Says already sailed or something ... well the nerve. Hahahaha. Bella bring oasis back. It cant sail without me. Well I'm off to move mom back home and pack her up. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Wait until next Friday when it is actually Black Friday and sales are full blown then, hopefully their IT is working out all the bugs now.  😇    I have a couple of things I am eyeing up for next week.   

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wait until next Friday when it is actually Black Friday and sales are full blown then, hopefully their IT is working out all the bugs now.  😇    I have a couple of things I am eyeing up for next week.   

So you just go on Royal's regular website to see what Black Friday deals are available?  That is when the system is up.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had a hiccup with our dinner celebration this evening for Chris and Donna. 

My heart skipped a beat when I've started reading "hiccup"... Feared with all the "family "inter"-"relationships" the wedding was postponed....

Glad it all went through and heartfelt congratulations to the newly wed. Sorry for Donna and all of you, hopefully she'll bounce back quickly and you'll have a double dinner celebration 🌹🍷

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Like others have said, I too am so proud of your granddaughter and your family. They have an entire virtual family here trying to hold onto them tight. 

@DaniDanielle, Marietta, Andrew said it so well  + 1 😘

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So you just go on Royal's regular website to see what Black Friday deals are available?  That is when the system is up.

If you are looking for excursion or items sold on cruise planner then you need to log in to your sailing to find out those prices.   If looking to book a new sailing then Yes, you can just go royalcaribbean.com to see which sailings are for sale.    Best to do a mock booking and enter in your crown and anchor number and select any other discounts that may apply such as senior citizen or military discounts. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My heart skipped a beat when I've started reading "hiccup"... Feared with all the "family "inter"-"relationships" the wedding was postponed....

Glad it all went through and heartfelt congratulations to the newly wed. Sorry for Donna and all of you, hopefully she'll bounce back quickly and you'll have a double dinner celebration 🌹🍷

Thank you Dani!    Their private ceremony went well.   They were officially married by 9 am Tuesday, November 15th.   Seemed strange to us but after the service with Justice of Peace they both went to work.    

Donna stills feels horrible this morning with congestion, cough, headache and fatigue but is still testing negative for covid.   Chris is working from home today.    We are hoping he stays well and she recovers for Thanksgiving next week.   

She is going to tell her Mom to cancel her trip to see them tomorrow as she does not want to get her Mother sick especially since her Grandmother lives with her Mom and is battling cancer right now.   

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Donna stills feels horrible this morning with congestion, cough, headache and fatigue but is still testing negative for covid.

Bummer.

I've tested negative repeatedly at home even though I knew I'm sick, until I've done a PCR test.... "Finally" I was positive 😧 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you Dani!    Their private ceremony went well.   They were officially married by 9 am Tuesday, November 15th.   Seemed strange to us but after the service with Justice of Peace they both went to work.    

Donna stills feels horrible this morning with congestion, cough, headache and fatigue but is still testing negative for covid.   Chris is working from home today.    We are hoping he stays well and she recovers for Thanksgiving next week.   

She is going to tell her Mom to cancel her trip to see them tomorrow as she does not want to get her Mother sick especially since her Grandmother lives with her Mom and is battling cancer right now.   

Sorry this happened. I hope everyone feels better soon.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was getting confused.   Days get mixed up when retired but I started wondering if I had a whole week mixed up!  Yesterday I woke up thinking it was Friday but got it straight when I took my meds.  😆 The family is getting together tonight and tomorrow for our Thanksgiving celebration but I thought it was a week early.   Then I saw all the Black Friday talk.  😕 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

"Cruise Planner" came back on from it's "gone sailing" message. It keeps zoning out though.

I was able to book the Voom Surf and Stream for $13.99 for two of our cruises. Debbie check out your 12/4 cruise.
I was also able cancel and rebook a watter bottle package at a lower price.
There was not much on sale in shore excursions that we were interested in looking at.

As for lower cruise prices. Nada for our bookings I checked.

I tried to check prices at lunch time and again just now and still unable to do anything on their website.   I'll check later tonight or tomorrow.    That would be great if I can get the Surf & Stream for $13.99

Our clubroyale pricing comes out to be $16.20/day for surf & stream if we get onboard.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I am sure glad I got on last night at 11 pm. Whew. I'd probably still be at it. Didnt know things would be so bad on rcl this morning.

We asked for another month of rehab so my mom could get stronger. Little did we know it wasnt up to us to say she didnt feel ready to manage on her own yet. Doctor didnt sign off for extra time past today and today was 3 extra days. 

Going now to bring her home. We have no idea how well this will work, and my b2b on allure is still booked in about 2 weeks. ...get her home and see how it goes. I have dinner planned. .. though I wish I had John's skills and I'd have half a hog butchered and cooked over a open egg by now.

Snagged a couple of excursions. Cancelled one that wasnt on sale, just the ones not as good on sale. Site worked fine last night... bellas cruise says it sailed without me lol. Says already sailed or something ... well the nerve. Hahahaha. Bella bring oasis back. It cant sail without me. Well I'm off to move mom back home and pack her up. 

Good luck today with picking up your Mom and getting her settled in at home. 😃

In the past, I was told insurance dictates how long they can stay in rehab (2 weeks was the max my parents were told).   There was one time an exception was made for my Dad after a major surgery but only for 2 or 3 days.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Bummer.

I've tested negative repeatedly at home even though I knew I'm sick, until I've done a PCR test.... "Finally" I was positive 😧 

Chris said the test kits they are using at home expired the end of October but the FDA had extended the expirations dates by 3 months.    So it is possible they have faulty test kits.    She doesn't feel well enough to get dressed and go to the drive thru pharmacy for a PCR test.    

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations to the newlyweds.  Hope Donna feels better soon and everyone is well for Thanksgiving.

• Thanks 1

Last night I took over the cat sitting duties.  My friends left me a bottle of champagne and chocolates to enjoy whilst sitting on their lovely balcony overlooking the bush.

We are in the midst of really nice weather here in Sydney. It so good, after an extremely busy week of work, to relax on their balcony at sunset and watch & listen to all the bird life with my champagne and chocolates whilst keeping a close eye on Mr Fluff during the 15mins he is permitted on balcony.  At the 15min mark, he darted back inside without my prompting and I closed the fly screen door and we sat, me on the balcony him on the other side of the flyscreen door in companionable silence watching all the birdlife until I joined him indoors.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yup...same here.  On another note, I just booked Nachi-Cocom for Jim, myself, and our friends Carol and Andy😊

9 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Like others have said, I too am so proud of your granddaughter and your family. They have an entire virtual family here trying to hold onto them tight. 

Andrew, this is so very true!❤️

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Chris said the test kits they are using at home expired the end of October but the FDA had extended the expirations dates by 3 months.    So it is possible they have faulty test kits.    She doesn't feel well enough to get dressed and go to the drive thru pharmacy for a PCR test.    

The poor kid!  Could it be the Flu?  (I got my Flu shot yesterday)