Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Buffalo Bills just had a very sloppy win , I don’t have much grey hair but this game must have added some. Go Giants.

I can't take many more games like that one.  Been way too many of the same sloppy, barely win games this year.  I'm worried how they'll do next week against a quality team like the Bengals (assuming they beat the Ravens tonight).  Can't give Joe Burrow as many opportunities as they gave the Dolphins today or he will destroy us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Tree_skier I just read the Fresno Bee article about all the flooding in Madera County.  Please stay safe.  I want to see you guys again on another cruise.

Thanks, it is pretty wet around here right now but there is no danger of the home flooding so that is good. A lot of ditches are filled to overflowing and that means standing water on the roadways.   I haven't seen anything really catastrophic except for stuck vehicles.  

The biggest consequence is that because they opened the dams and are dumping all the water from Hensley Lake, the Madera Canal is a raging torrent. All the homeless who made their home in the dry canal are taking up residence on the streets. We're seeing a lot of tents out back of retail establishments and Courthouse park and Rotary Park are overrun right now.  That'll be bad for the kids when everything drys up and everyone returns to their usual spots.  

On the good side I just read that snowpack levels are at 200%. Earlier on they said they couldn't declare the drought over until snow pack reached 200%.  Even though now it has they'll never declare it over but at least we should get some good fishing this spring at the lakes.

Thanks for asking after us.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 11

38 minutes ago, blindone said:

Long time reader here! 

I found I just had to respond to the folks who are considering buying LG product especially refrigerators.

I had an experience concerning a brand new washer that would drain dirty water back into the machine after the cycle finished. This happened right from the first day. I contacted LG and there started the run-around. 18 months later and 3 repair people and the washer still wasn't fixed. My folder was almost 2 inches thick with e-mails back and forth. Ended up buying a new washer NOT LG!!

In the process I discovered their very popular media page that ends with book/lgusa . Very interesting reading. Many had problems with refrigerator condensers failing around the 3 yr mark. I was told by a appliance salesman they make their own condensers  where other manufactures get theirs from a condenser manufacturer! 

I will never buy another LG appliance of any kind because their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. 

I love reading about everyones traveling experiences. I have 30 cruises under my belt and hope to do more however age might be creeping into that wish!                                  

I think it's probably a similar story for any mass market appliance maker.  Too many corners being cut in the interest of saving money.  I'm seriously thinking of getting a Sub Zero but I'm having a hard time getting past the price.  I should just suck it up and pay the price, and then hopefully be happy for many years to come.  Might actually save money in the long run??????  😜 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I think it's probably a similar story for any mass market appliance maker.  Too many corners being cut in the interest of saving money.  I'm seriously thinking of getting a Sub Zero but I'm having a hard time getting past the price.  I should just suck it up and pay the price, and then hopefully be happy for many years to come.  Might actually save money in the long run??????  😜 

Totally agree!  We are starting the process of building a home in NC where we will retire in 2026 and looking at appliances.  I have all KitchenAide in my current home we built in 2018 and have had no issues but know of so many others who have had problems in my neighborhood.  It is hard to swallow the price of SubZero and Wolfe but part of me doesn’t want to worry about any issues.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Today I was watching a PBS show on wildlife in the winter Alps. Jade was fascinated and on occasion even tried to capture animals that were running across the screen. Her reaction when she missed them and couldn't find where they went was so funny. 

Had a chocolate Lab once that went and looked for a cat behind the tv when the kitty on the screen disappeared off to one side!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

4 minutes ago, George C said:

I am dreading that we will be remodeling kitchen soon and getting all new appliances, not sure if the brands wife wants all to be same maker. Good thing is wife will get a bonus that will pay for all this , but I will be home during this. 

You go take a cruise and delegate another "construction supervisor"😉

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I am dreading that we will be remodeling kitchen soon and getting all new appliances, not sure if the brands wife wants all to be same maker. Good thing is wife will get a bonus that will pay for all this , but I will be home during this. 

I can be your construction supervisor.......just pay for me to come to your area for 6-10 months and I will take all your worries away.

Believe me when I tell you I have practice at this.........

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hello everyone!

I am still catching up where I left off on Jan 2, when we boarded the Anthem.  Then Started reading backwards, so sorry if I missed wishing any one for any ocassion or event or sympathy. Please don't take it wrongly. Hope everyone is well, happy and healthy and celebrating something.

Swooning over April's NJ kitchen pictures and Jim's new kitchen WOW WOW WOW. Beautiful! @Jimbo we will also be in Orlando around the same time. I will look out for Va plates and you do so NJ plates (which will be in the hundreds!!!!!)😁🤣

Cruise was good, too much to eat...had 3 night dining pkg, one TA dinner voucher and 2 bogos. We tried Wonderland again and it was a different experience.... Server brought out the halibut, the branzino, the chicken and egg, the kataifi wrapped shrimp. I told him I like to see what I eat so no science experiments on the table please. 😁And we both liked it and will definitely do it again with the same options. I am glad I did not dismiss it for good (which I almost had but dh wanted to try again).

I am all Jamie'd out. I think I will give them a break next time. I like it a lot though. Service there is just excellent.

Our cabin was on deck 6 right across the elevators. Location cannot be beat. Service was superb everywhere. Had a lot of fun, played many trivia games. We met people who we have met before and had a great time chatting. Weather was great and used the balcony right up to the day before disembarking and next day of embarkation. Islands were great and sunny. Little liquid sunshine in Antigua, but were on a catamaran excursion so can't complain.

Now doing laundry and packing to drive to Florida. And I still have Andrew's review and John's notes and Belle thread to catch up on.

We are not driving, we are flying into Sanford(SFB) Airport on the 20th . We will be at the Parks on the 21st - 25th...., We have Park Hopper Tickets, my Wife plans all the days for us, so no idea what parks we will be at on which days.

Then off to Bradenton from the 26th - 29th staying with relatives.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Buffalo Bills just had a very sloppy win , I don’t have much grey hair but this game must have added some. Go Giants.

I think if Tua was healthy the Bills would be cleaning up there golf clubs about now.

57 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I can't take many more games like that one.  Been way too many of the same sloppy, barely win games this year.  I'm worried how they'll do next week against a quality team like the Bengals (assuming they beat the Ravens tonight).  Can't give Joe Burrow as many opportunities as they gave the Dolphins today or he will destroy us.

See Above. If The Bills play the same as they did this week, season will be over.

Giants look tough tonight , looks to be the Eagles next opponent.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

As I watched I was thinking of you. I’ll give Miami credit they didn’t give up. I’m still not too worried about the Bills. I as a Chiefs fan would have rather played the Dolphins than the Bills

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I can be your construction supervisor.......just pay for me to come to your area for 6-10 months and I will take all your worries away.

Believe me when I tell you I have practice at this.........

I've done two now. House much easier than a condo😉

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Hello everyone!

I am still catching up where I left off on Jan 2, when we boarded the Anthem.  Then Started reading backwards, so sorry if I missed wishing any one for any ocassion or event or sympathy. Please don't take it wrongly. Hope everyone is well, happy and healthy and celebrating something.

Swooning over April's NJ kitchen pictures and Jim's new kitchen WOW WOW WOW. Beautiful! @Jimbo we will also be in Orlando around the same time. I will look out for Va plates and you do so NJ plates (which will be in the hundreds!!!!!)😁🤣

Cruise was good, too much to eat...had 3 night dining pkg, one TA dinner voucher and 2 bogos. We tried Wonderland again and it was a different experience.... Server brought out the halibut, the branzino, the chicken and egg, the kataifi wrapped shrimp. I told him I like to see what I eat so no science experiments on the table please. 😁And we both liked it and will definitely do it again with the same options. I am glad I did not dismiss it for good (which I almost had but dh wanted to try again).

I am all Jamie'd out. I think I will give them a break next time. I like it a lot though. Service there is just excellent.

Our cabin was on deck 6 right across the elevators. Location cannot be beat. Service was superb everywhere. Had a lot of fun, played many trivia games. We met people who we have met before and had a great time chatting. Weather was great and used the balcony right up to the day before disembarking and next day of embarkation. Islands were great and sunny. Little liquid sunshine in Antigua, but were on a catamaran excursion so can't complain.

Now doing laundry and packing to drive to Florida. And I still have Andrew's review and John's notes and Belle thread to catch up on.

Welcome home.   That's great you had a wonderful cruise on Anthem.   I love the January itineraries and really miss not cruising this month.   

This thing called work, new job, and not being able to hop on a cruise whenever we wanted is the worst part. 

I miss the days of working online no matter where was I was.  

Laundry doesn't bother me as much as having to cook after returning home.   Have fun😀

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

You need to watch the documentary “Wildcat” on Amazon Prime. Amazing!!!!

Oh gosh Greg. If I cry this much watching the trailer, I'm not sure I can watch the whole movie. It does look really good though. 

And @h20skibum. We watched "News of the World" last night and enjoyed it. We are also Tom Hanks fans. His mom used to work on the bacon line at a meat packing plant with (my starter husband). I met her at several of their company picnics. She was so proud of Tommy, when he had his first show on "Bosom Buddies." ☺️

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

As I watched I was thinking of you. I’ll give Miami credit they didn’t give up. I’m still not too worried about the Bills. I as a Chiefs fan would have rather played the Dolphins than the Bills

Of course you will not be wanting Bills to win since you have home field advantage unless Bills make it to afc finals then we play in Atlanta. . Hopefully Bills will play better next week , celebrating Bills and Giants wins with New York pizza and Buffalo wings, wife washes this down with Cabernet my preference is Chianti Classico. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Of course you will not be wanting Bills to win since you have home field advantage unless Bills make it to afc finals then we play in Atlanta. . Hopefully Bills will play better next week , celebrating Bills and Giants wins with New York pizza and Buffalo wings, wife washes this down with Cabernet my preference is Chianti Classico. 

Yes true that. I’m a big fan of Chianti Classico too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, George C said:

Atlanta🤔

You mean Stanford West🤣🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

That is so sweet.  Having his company next to you would have been lovely. How is your “new” Walker going?  I know you’ve had it a while now.

The problem is that both of my feet get numb at the same time and as good as the Walker is it does not help me that much .

The past few days I have been in a lot of pain and my grand dog appeared to sense that because he curled up next to me and did not leave my side except when he had to go to the “bathroom.”

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Today I was watching a PBS show on wildlife in the winter Alps. Jade was fascinated and on occasion even tried to capture animals that were running across the screen. Her reaction when she missed them and couldn't find where they went was so funny. 

My grand dog reacts to dogs on screen We have mirrored closets in one of our bedrooms and Porter has been looking for the “other” dog .

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The problem is that both of my feet get numb at the same time and as good as the Walker is it does not help me that much .

The past few days I have been in a lot of pain and my grand dog appeared to sense that because he curled up next to me and did not leave my side except when he had to go to the “bathroom.”

Sorry to hear about the pain and that the walker hasn’t been the asset you hoped it would be. Yes, dogs are very good at comforting us when needed.  Glad you have your grand-dog over atm.

• Like 1