Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The rising bar seen in the background of the balcony photo was in Central Park.

You beat me to that response.

It is a lovely 32° here this morning, and we have already been out to the lake for a 5 mile walk.  I started following three new cruise LIVE reports, so that should help me get my cruise fix.  Only thing is, there is nothing like being there in person.

On a good note, we have started researching cruises again.  At this point, they are further out (December and January), but Susan has been getting back onboard with this idea.  Narrowing December sailings down to a couple on either Symphony or Apex.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Me three! And I can also do Small World over and over and over and over. 😁

Really dislike Disney world, not enough bars , too much walking. Last time we went it was for a family wedding, but groom didn’t show up. Luckily they then got married about a year later in Orlando. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We use this type.     

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-Motor-Tech-Multipurpose-Motorcycles/dp/B08LLFQNNJ/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=trickle+charger&qid=1674259047&sr=8-8

Amazon has a big selection with higher priced ones that do other stuff, but we just use the basic trickler/tender for our cars and riding mower.    

Simply hook up to your car battery and plug in the other end to a standard wall outlet.

Thank you so much, Deb!🥰

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lovely sunny day in Sydney today. 25C and light breeze. Perfect day for a bushwalk in Bouddi National Park, north of Sydney. 83C1CC9D-886A-4ECE-A49A-6FA2091CC179.thumb.jpeg.1f5899b5c216300c65b897b24b505a69.jpeg

D6BDB756-0984-4034-878B-87468D5409C2.thumb.jpeg.da7d247eeb881b8ad5cafb31cdf6d41e.jpeg

FEB586A8-46C9-495A-97B0-35A8BEBCFFDC.thumb.jpeg.8876481cc71935a375f1448b8d2c37ac.jpeg

629AA86A-048A-4F39-936B-4C91D3F383D0.thumb.jpeg.765e7dd64ce162abccdd5d4f908eb7dc.jpeg

30929131-A53D-468F-81AF-676C303A6DD3.thumb.jpeg.d1a2eaaa511f5e858855c2f8ad4330df.jpeg

Beautiful, Aussie!

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Pics from the flight....lots of leg room.

20230120_145350.jpg

That sure is a lot of leg room!

Enjoy your stay in Florida, Jimbo!

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had an "OH crap" moment.  We get to the airport early and see a long line.  

20230121_055708.thumb.jpg.44e6d9f415059304b0fdb46f7e7da92b.jpg

Luckily my asst TA had us checked in. 

About to board.  Let's hope the connecting flight goes smoothly. 

Bon Voyage!   Have a great cruise!

I am again trying to post these...my internet went out just when I hit post about 2 hours ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@Jimbo  Glad the flights with Allegiant worked well.  Enjoy your trip.  

I'm expecting great things out of @brillohead and @Ozark_Kid on their joint live on Allure!  

Yesterday was another spectacular day on the slopes.  Being a skier in Central CA means that my local ski options are very limited and snow is generally rubbish.  Yesterday was the first exception in five years up at China Peak.  I have never seen so much snow and such good snow in all my time here.  Yesterday was an absolutely epic day.  The great benefit of skiing in this area is that generally you can expect blue skies almost every single day.

IMG_0452.thumb.jpeg.ed50c2d7a4eb6a6f84744b43c9fe2812.jpeg

I'm boarding Navigator in 9 days... I love my life.  🙂 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Asking for a friend.  Cruising out of Tampa or Ft Lauderdale on a 7 night to islands in the Caribbean has anyone been required at any point to wear a mask, take a covid test, or had to prove their vaccination status lately?  Also, on the smaller ships how much effort does one have to put in to book shows and dining?

Not that I am aware of re masks. Was told that new crew getting on board has to wear them for 5 days, then their choice.

Smaller ships do not require show reservations.

Not too hard to book restaurants.

Hopefully you are considering cruising again.

See you on the Jewel?😃

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How is it going with the CP cabin? 

Decided I dont care for it. I really miss seeing the ocean. Noise wise it wasn't bad. The sail away party was very noisy which was ok since it didn't go late into the night. I did hear music a couple of times late at night but it wasn't really bad. The cabin seemed a little smaller, but it could've been my imagination. 🤷‍♀️ We do have another CP balcony booked for Bella’s cruise, but I doubt that I book another one. For someone who is hardly in their cabin I'm sure it's fine since they can see the ocean from the deck.

Unfortunately, Royal decided that they were going to be doing maintenance on the balconies where I was so they moved us to a connecting boardwalk cabin. Ugh! Hoping it's not going to be to noisy.

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

That lobster tail is small!

Your (I think it's an) orchid is beautiful!

I hope you're having a wonderful cruise.

Yes it's an orchid a phalaenopsis. I thought the tail wasn't any bigger than the others. It also didn't taste as good as the Maine lobster I've had before.

16 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I love that you take plants/flowers to decorate your cabin.  That orchid is beautiful 

Thanks I love flowers. Wished I could take it back home, but I can't.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Decided I dont care for it. I really miss seeing the ocean. Noise wise it wasn't bad. The sail away party was very noisy which was ok since it didn't go late into the night. I did hear music a couple of times late at night but it wasn't really bad. The cabin seemed a little smaller, but it could've been my imagination. 🤷‍♀️ We do have another CP balcony booked for Bella’s cruise, but I doubt that I book another one. For someone who is hardly in their cabin I'm sure it's fine since they can see the ocean from the deck.

Unfortunately, Royal decided that they were going to be doing maintenance on the balconies where I was so they moved us to a connecting boardwalk cabin. Ugh! Hoping it's not going to be to noisy.

Yes it's an orchid a phalaenopsis. I thought the tail wasn't any bigger than the others. It also didn't taste as good as the Maine lobster I've had before.

Thanks I love flowers. Wished I could take it back home, but I can't.

Fresh Maine lobster is very sweet. 
I can usually tell if a tail is Canadian or from other cold water. But it’s similar to Maine’s. 
Caribbean definitely has a different taste. 
I can eat lobster tails on a cruise; sometimes they’re pretty good, but it takes two or three to make a meal. 
I hope I like the new menus more than I think  I will!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Love that orchid plant. It is lovely and blooming! Prefer a pIant to a vase of flowers. Didn't know you could take one on board?

I used to bring cut flowers, but they don't last that long. You can take them on but not off. 

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

20230120_145350.jpg

Picture for Andrew  and Owen, sorry they would not let me in the cockpit @A&L_Ont

20230120_144945.jpg

I think you meant @Ocean Boy.

What happened to the one side of our pants?

8 hours ago, derorim said:

Your orchid is beautiful.  Are you allowed to take it with you when you leave?

Thanks. I wished I could, but it's not allowed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

@Jimbo  Glad the flights with Allegiant worked well.  Enjoy your trip.  

I'm expecting great things out of @brillohead and @Ozark_Kid on their joint live on Allure!  

Yesterday was another spectacular day on the slopes.  Being a skier in Central CA means that my local ski options are very limited and snow is generally rubbish.  Yesterday was the first exception in five years up at China Peak.  I have never seen so much snow and such good snow in all my time here.  Yesterday was an absolutely epic day.  The great benefit of skiing in this area is that generally you can expect blue skies almost every single day.

That looks beautiful, Dave!

We also go on board in 9 days, on Liberty😊

• Like 4

I am finally all caught up..phew!!

@BonTexasNYBelated Happy Birthday to your Jack.  Looking forward to meeting you both on our cruise!

@lenquixote66Belated Birthday wishes on your SIL's 51st, and a Happy Birthday to Toby's Sister, also!

@George CI hope your dental surgery went well, and that you aren't hurting too much!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Based on her photo it looks like a boardwalk balcony.    

It's a CP balcony.

2 hours ago, George C said:

Really dislike Disney world, not enough bars , too much walking. Last time we went it was for a family wedding, but groom didn’t show up. Luckily they then got married about a year later in Orlando. 

He must have had a good excuse for her to marry him a year later.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm not familiar with ski glasses, but those look like you can't see out of them. Are they a special kind?

• Like 2

Good afternoon.

Arrived home about 15 min. ago with our FREE IPhone 14's.

Well, not really.

So after a excellent breakfast at the local Perkins (we had a 20%off coupon)

We drove the bypass to the Turnpike to get to the outskirts of Cleveland on Chagrin Blvd where the Apple store was.

We were so prepared, arriving time wise 10 min early before the store opened.

We were the second customers to get in the store, damn, would have been first if that older grey hair lady actually  moved a lot quicker than I ever thought she could.  But anyway.

We checked in and quickly sent to the bar to assist with new phones.

The youngin (19 Year old) took our phones.

Started typing in all the information for the upgrade to FREE Iphone 14's

It only took about 20 min to do both of us.

She goes, you know you have to trade in to get the current offer.

We go, yes we knew that.

Then she goes, for the IPHONE 11 (mine) you get a $800 credit and for the IPHONE 10 you get $250

So the DH goes, no we are  here about the free upgrade to the IPhone 14.

So, after being there for around 23 min.  she goes.

Oh that is through your carrier, not us, you probably got the email from them.

So now we get in the car and drive down the street to the AT&T store.

Of course, no appointment.

Of course, 3 people ahead of us.

Of course minimal staff.

Then, of course I had to snoop on one of the conversations.

Mom was obviously from the old, old country.

A teenager was there with his mom, and his phone says account not valid, and she just paid the bill yesterday and he needs his phone to let me know where he is (That line was a good one).

It gets better

She's from Turkey and speaks broken English.

The kid is watching mom struggle. 

Then mom goes his father usually  pays the bill and he is in Turkey and he has not returned our calls for weeks.  He is responsible for the bill, but I had to pay it.  Why is it not active if I paid $100 on the bill yesterday.

The agent goes, give me the number.

She did

The agent goes, your husbands name is on the account.

Mom goes, that's right, he pays the bills, well he is supposed too.

Agent then goes, the account is in your husbands name, you cannot access it with out is permission.

Mom goes, I told you he wont return our calls, but they took my money.

He goes let me contact my district supervisor.

This is where it gets better.

So he is on speaker phone and the supervisor speaks broken English with a Chinese twist.

Mom speaking English with a Turkish twist and dear old son just playing stupid or he really is.

So after they attempt to resolve the problem.

Mom, saying she paid the bill,

Agent saying he cannot access the account.

Supervisor told mom to contact the husband to obtain permission.

So, here we go again.

Now Niagara falls start, no tissues, mom upset, son devastated he cannot text mom (LOL).

So now Supervisor approves temporary access Till Tuesday for the son.

Then mom in her broken Turkish English goes, will I get money back if my husband pays the bill.

At that point It was time to shut off my old phone and now start the new phone, so I missed the answer.

Ok so, now we are ready to get some items, since a new phone you need new things.

So I found a pretty purple case, and the husband got an otter box for his.

The agent goes, currently for every product you buy, you get one free.

So we picked the thingie that the charging phone fits into to go into a wall.

We can use the old ones at home, but the new IPhone cable needs a new adapter, fine it was free.

So, now if we pay paperless, auto deduct we get 10% off for the new contract, and it actually came down $35 from what we pay for 4 lines (brother and DD still mooch off of us).

This is better than I thought (HA!)

So, the agent goes, I can just add  the difference  to your monthly statement

I go no, we will just pay it and be done with it.

So he goes to the printer and gets out our contract, and goes I'll need a credit card.

So I look at the paper and the balance is $1258.00

So after I come up for air, I casually go, I thought At&T is offering free I phone 14's with a new contract.  He goes, oh, no, if you had an I phone 13, it would honor that, but the 10 and 11 are not included in that offer.

So now the DH just sits there and goes, ok.

So now, on the clean slate of credit cards is a balance of $1258.

Well with the DH phone being old, and mine having a mind of its own, and the phones were just linking to our apple watches, we signed sealed and delivered.

So now I have a new pretty purple IPhone 14.

And as my DD would say.

"Why would the most clueless people have the best electronics"

No daughter as soon as your dad is done programming my phone, I will be good to go.

I am not clueless

Be safe

Mama Lions with her pretty purple new Iphone 14

LOL

I typed this online, DH just finishing what ever has to be done on my phone.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Not that I am aware of re masks. Was told that new crew getting on board has to wear them for 5 days, then their choice.

Smaller ships do not require show reservations.

Not too hard to book restaurants.

Hopefully you are considering cruising again.

See you on the Jewel?😃

Thinking about it.  It would be out of Tampa since we can drive.  It would be on the Grandeur which is a smaller ship.  Just have to be sure about the protocols first. 

• Like 1

We just got new phones the week of Christmas.  Getting a new phone is like car shopping.  The wait is forever.  We waited for an hour just to be helped with only 2 others in the store.  Then it took another 90 minutes to upload the phones.  We got Verizon’s screen cover for $30 each.  DH dropped his phone 2 days later and the screen cover cracked and fell off.  I don’t think it was put on right or was defective.  Nope no replacement for free. What a waste of time and money.  

I do like my pretty purple phone, Samsung 22.  I like the tech 21 boxes.  In 10 years and 3 phones they have not failed me.  Just don’t buy Verizon’s screen covers.  

Getting into your phone accounts is like Fort Knox.  I feel for the poor Turkish lady.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So I found a pretty purple case, and the husband got an otter box for his.

The Otterbox is a good choice.  They have saved a lot of dropped phones in our house.

I guess we lucked out a couple years ago when we went from 6S’s to iPhone 12 and 12 pros.  4 phones, and they were in fact free by trading in our 6S’s.  They just did some kind of paperwork magic where they gave us a statement credit every month from the trade ins that was equal to the cost of the new phones.  

• Like 3

On 1/19/2023 at 10:19 AM, h20skibum said:

I think I am now finally caught up.  I keep one of the trickle chargers on our boat battery, while it is stored for the winter.  I even hook it up after we take it out each time, spit is fully charged and ready to go. 

I have one on every one of our summer cars, our lawn equipment, a large tractors when they are not being used. 

On 1/20/2023 at 11:13 AM, Biker19 said:

When you take your foot off the brake the car doesn’t automatically start rolling - a feature invented a long time ago for cars with a manual transmissions to stop you from rolling backwards when on a hill. 

This comes in handy when the jerk sitting on your bumper behind you on a hill at a red stoplight doesn’t know you are driving a stick shift. 

On 1/20/2023 at 2:21 PM, xpcdoojk said:

We have had a tankless heater since 2004, and I love it.  

We are considering it. 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:02 PM, HBE4 said:

My dad had a 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis station wagon that had cornering lights. I thought they were the coolest feature, not sure why they never caught on with more cars. 

My uncle had a few of these wagons back in the day.

23 hours ago, Luckynana said:

We have never heard of these.  Where do you get the tender charger?

Amazon is a great starting point. Check around as some are more powerful than others 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1