Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

That is what we did at the beginning of the pandemic.  Replaced this. 

2B1DA765-4A4D-425F-9157-6BF50CAF5A0C.thumb.jpeg.1c2583255cf2d69e21332476cf8db5f6.jpeg

With this. 

9103810B-7021-44EA-BAA4-81FBDD47E5B0.thumb.jpeg.844dc119a88bd33e27c562c05c7d4e12.jpeg

It made a world of difference in eliminating cold and drafts. Plus, it was the perfect time to do it when everyone was looking for work. 

The view from your before picture including the window looks remarkably like the view from my daughter's living room in NJ.  

image.thumb.jpeg.480ef1a311a9e5a77f0a87c3266ccdc8.jpeg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, congratulations on becoming Diamond!  Sounds like you and Jim had a wonderful cruise.  We have 2 cruises this year and after our Bella cruise we'll be 11 points away from Diamond.  Slowly, slowly we plan on becoming Diamonds late 2024.

@NHProudGoodness, that sounds like you took a nasty fall.  Heal quickly.  Glad nothing was broken.

Thank you, Bonnie!  We did have a wonderful time on our cruise!  What day is your cruise on the Adventure?  I know it's coming up soon!  How many days will you be on board?  Our Bella cruise will be here before we all know it!🛳️

• Like 3

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Good evening, last day of our vacation.  Photos from today:

E8CD2F0C-7C88-4E1E-9861-2A4D49978A54.thumb.jpeg.f2a4db1940b779714679b4f7d06a2d16.jpeg

0831E415-69D8-422E-BD5D-B6DDB56EB67A.thumb.jpeg.89ec707c729ddb429bd30930514faca4.jpeg

0FF24A74-9597-46F5-9C02-EAA5D2DD467C.thumb.jpeg.9306da7270d987e92372841e69528cf9.jpeg

61BE71A3-5F15-4522-8D54-E0BA978634A6.thumb.jpeg.c8dcca637e1d7f92dff8af3ef1a05f02.jpeg

AF6BC821-6EC2-4ACC-A07A-EDCE7ACDDDF9.thumb.jpeg.889534adbe87b3894a68daa25920fd2b.jpeg

9256929A-C6A4-4688-A7B1-1E1CAAD30F94.thumb.jpeg.e58976b3e933fd2c291a131f3452142c.jpeg

Beautiful close-up pics of the animals.  What kind of birds are they in the first pic, and what kind of animal is that in the last pic with the striped tail?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

She was wonderful!!!  She has the best personality, and her singing and piano playing...just wow!  You had to get to the Schooner early to get a seat.  We were told that she'll be on Liberty for the next 5 weeks, and then she'll be joining the Fleetwood Mac Tribute Band...I didn't hear all the facts, I'm not sure if she's the warm-up to them, or will actually be playing with them.  She had quite a following on our cruise.😉 

Happy to hear you had a wonderful cruise and enjoyed your aft JS.    Congratulations on joining the Diamond club😀

How is traffic in your area with snowbirds?    My boss has a place in Cape Coral and they drove over to FLL this weekend to catch up with some friends.    They said traffic was horrible yesterday, probably all the snowbirds escaping the cold.   

• Like 1

Does anyone who had covid have lingering fatigue?  I think Dani mentioned she was fatigued sometime after.  Since July, I am more tired than usual.  Really tired.  I had to take a rest in the middle of packing for our cruise.  All that walking back and forth did me in.  It could be the natural aging process.  Either way it stinks! 😏I just want to be on that ship already!

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Bonnie!  We did have a wonderful time on our cruise!  What day is your cruise on the Adventure?  I know it's coming up soon!  How many days will you be on board?  Our Bella cruise will be here before we all know it!🛳️

2/6 Adventure 5 nights.  We return just about a month before our Bella cruise.  That is one cruise I can't wait to get here.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Mine did but not all insurance. My understanding is that the insurance companies want other things like steroid shots first and then if that doesn’t work then Syndisc. It used to be not covered at all but the insurance companies are coming around. So far this is working great.

I'm so glad to hear that the Syndisc is working great on your knee, Greg!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

That is what we did at the beginning of the pandemic.  Replaced this. 

2B1DA765-4A4D-425F-9157-6BF50CAF5A0C.thumb.jpeg.1c2583255cf2d69e21332476cf8db5f6.jpeg

With this. 

9103810B-7021-44EA-BAA4-81FBDD47E5B0.thumb.jpeg.844dc119a88bd33e27c562c05c7d4e12.jpeg

It made a world of difference in eliminating cold and drafts. Plus, it was the perfect time to do it when everyone was looking for work. 

Oooh, I love your new window.  It's a beauty!

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We have plans to replace that window as well as the french doors in our kitchen in the spring.  

After last year, between replacing the front door and overhang, and then the unexpected chimney replacement, plus the unplanned surgery in Canada, we sure hope not to do anything home related for 2023!

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Head colds are a pain in the...sinuses.  What a nuisance.  Thank goodness for NyQuil and DayQuil.

Feel better, Bob!  No fun being sick!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've seen pictures of your snow removal equipment. Slightly bigger than what I use😄

I will say, I hate driving in the snow when their are other vehicles around.  Much more enjoyable and stress-free when I'm the only vehicle on the road.

That is not usually the norm in NY

21 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy to hear you had a wonderful cruise and enjoyed your aft JS.    Congratulations on joining the Diamond club😀

How is traffic in your area with snowbirds?    My boss has a place in Cape Coral and they drove over to FLL this weekend to catch up with some friends.    They said traffic was horrible yesterday, probably all the snowbirds escaping the cold.   

Thank you, Debbie!  I may have to start looking at these cabins one day!  Looking forward to the free drinks on board.😉

Traffic has been busy here for the past several years.  We've been here since 2001, and the building of communities, etc has been non-stop!  

We didn't have any traffic issues going to and from Ft. Lauderdale, surprisingly!  All good!

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

2/6 Adventure 5 nights.  We return just about a month before our Bella cruise.  That is one cruise I can't wait to get here.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise, Bonnie and Jack!  Will anyone be joining you both on this cruise?  With your fatigue, it sounds like you really need next week to relax on board!🛳️

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My favorite months are July and July.

It was 5 degrees here this morning.

The wind was howling here all night.    Right now we are 20 f with no wind, much better today then yesterday.  Bright sunny sky.    Tomorrow we expect a high of 49f and 60 by Thursday.     

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Does anyone who had covid have lingering fatigue?  I think Dani mentioned she was fatigued sometime after.  Since July, I am more tired than usual.  Really tired.  I had to take a rest in the middle of packing for our cruise.  All that walking back and forth did me in.  It could be the natural aging process.  Either way it stinks! 😏I just want to be on that ship already!

I definitely still have lingering covid issues including fatigue.  It has improved but I just don't have the stamina I used to have.  I still have altered sense of taste and smell which has really been frustrating me lately.  I have discussed things with my PCP but he is very nonchalant about everything.  He is retiring and I am looking into finding a new PCP and want to see an ENT also.  I had covid in May and I am ready for this to be over with.

I think age does play a factor and it takes longer for us to get over things but I also think this virus is just different than what we have dealt with in the past and there is no easy, do this and everything gets better antidote.

Get lots of rest and pace yourself.  I hope things improve for you soon. 🙂 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The wind was howling here all night.    Right now we are 20 f with no wind, much better today then yesterday.  Bright sunny sky.    Tomorrow we expect a high of 49f and 60 by Thursday.     

It will be in the 50’s next week.My daughter who lives in upstate NY with her husband ERIC expected below zero temperatures there this morning but it was 4 above.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Happy for you Greg, hope it continues 🤞

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm so glad to hear that the Syndisc is working great on your knee, Greg!  

@Sea Dog

+ 3 👍

53 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Does anyone who had Covid have lingering fatigue?  I think Dani mentioned she was fatigued sometime after.  Since July, I am more tired than usual.  Really tired.  

I got Covid end of June, and I was fatigued at least 3 to 4 months. Actually being sick with fever and headache -- only 2 days.

24 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Have a wonderful time on your cruise, Bonnie and Jack!  Will anyone be joining you both on this cruise?  With your fatigue, it sounds like you really need next week to relax on board!🛳️

@BonTexasNY

+ 1 👍

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oooh, I love your new window.  It's a beauty!

@h20skibum

+ 3 👍

35 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Feel better, Bob!  No fun being sick!

@bobmacliberty

+ 1 

@ReneeFLL

Such a bummer that AA is cancelling the MIA-TLV route. I know that ElAl found it unprofitable and closed it, and then re-opened it several times. Only ElAl and AA have direct flights, I've checked them when I was hoping to join the Bella cruise...

Such a coincidence Mike taking a pic of a windsurfer, who turns out is a good friend of DS1 (who is also windsurfing, surfing and SUP). I've shown him the pic, knowing that's their daily "turf".... rise and shine...

E9562EF1-F77F-46F6-9DA5-956D36742704.thumb.jpeg.3cb7aee47d4f444a177bc20744522d5f.jpeg

Here're some other pics of the surfer with the green board --

image.thumb.jpeg.6122ba0af088c70d512dc94cb28b28fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.154494814741f078f68d9b4db799b30c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.190b07e731ee004260da7c6905aad98a.jpeg

Edited by dani negreanu
forgot to tag Bonnie, Mark & Greg...
  • Like 23

Top news stories.

The 2 weather balloons, and I hope they are just that, amazing how 2 can venture off their intended paths.  Praying that they do not contain biological or chemical warfare (I read to much).

And

The train derailment in Ohio, is just a mere 30 ish, miles from where we live.

The news broke last night when our friends shared on The other social media site that something BIG was going on, with the Police evacuating them from their homes.

Guess if you read the stories 50 cars derailed carrying some "contaminate." 

Rescue squads and first responders were removed from clean up because of the possibility of toxic fumes. Train cars were exploding.....

Praying for safety in all that could cause harm.

Be safe

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had fatigue for a couple of weeks after covid.   I still have a lingering cough (everyone at work does too).    When I went for my annual physical early January my Doc said some people have the lingering cough or fatigue for up to 6 months.    just listen to your body and take a break when needed.   

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Sea Dog

+ 3 👍

I got Covid end of June, and I was fatigued at least 3 to 4 months. Actually being sick with fever and headache -- only 2 days.

@BonTexasNY

+ 1 👍

@h20skibum

+ 3 👍

@bobmacliberty

+ 1 

@ReneeFLL

Such a bummer that AA is cancelling the MIA-TLV route. I know that ElAl found it unprofitable and closed it, and then re-opened it several times. Only ElAl and AA have direct flights, I've checked them when I was hoping to join the Bella cruise...

Such a coincidence Mike taking a pic of a windsurfer, who turns out is a good friend of DS1 (who is also windsurfing, surfing and SUP). I've shown him the pic, knowing that's their daily "turf".... rise and shine...

E9562EF1-F77F-46F6-9DA5-956D36742704.thumb.jpeg.3cb7aee47d4f444a177bc20744522d5f.jpeg

Here're some other pics of the surfer with the green board --

image.thumb.jpeg.6122ba0af088c70d512dc94cb28b28fa.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.154494814741f078f68d9b4db799b30c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.190b07e731ee004260da7c6905aad98a.jpeg

Did he stick the landing or wipeout?

I realize this means little to anyone but me. However, I was just taking a walk down the Esplanade and the sales manager that I talked to a few days ago about the ship models called me. He found a model in the storage room. It is now in my cabin! 🙂🙂🙂

20230204_134448.thumb.jpg.389d8464fdf30a1aba3f60bb0143e88a.jpg

• Like 34

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I realize this means little to anyone but me. However, I was just taking a walk down the Esplanade and the sales manager that I talked to a few days ago about the ship models called me. He found a model in the storage room. It is now in my cabin! 🙂🙂🙂

20230204_134448.thumb.jpg.389d8464fdf30a1aba3f60bb0143e88a.jpg

Now that is a happy ending!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

April! My favorite month. So is September. The warmth without the humidity & bugs.

So would that be a Fixin' for BBQ or a Hankerin' for BBQ? 😉

You don’t have a Fixin’ for BBQ, you are Fixin’ TO BBQ. 
Fixin’ is Southern for preparing!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1