Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of March 6th, I got an email from one of the ancestry sites last week, reminding me it was my great grandparents anniversary.  They were married in 1865.  When I looked at their ages (he was ready to turn 40, and she was 17), I wondered what could they possibly have in common?  Maybe the war reduced the available men.

Of course, my grandfather would not be born for another 20 years, and his wife was 14 years younger.  It appears I come from a family of cradle robbers.

In researching my suspected bio-dad's family, I learned that his third wife is only 8 years older than I am.... and I'm not even his oldest child!!!!   She was also the nanny before she was the wicked stepmother.  Ick.

DNA update:  My and my suspected half-brother's swabs were received by the DNA company on Thursday and Friday, respectively.  Supposed to be 2-3 business days after receipt to get our results, so hopefully no later than Wednesday of this week we'll have the answer to the cliffhanger.... is he my brother, or my cousin?  

• Like 12

On 3/10/2023 at 6:53 AM, Ocean Boy said:

Hang in there. Sometimes there are setbacks but they can be overcome.

OB, I know you have seen this in real time. 

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@A&L_Ont sorry to hear about your cousin.  Also sorry to hear about the cause.  It is those kinds of stories that keep us worried.  I hope they eventually find a cure, because C is terrible.

Sorry I am late posting this, but I am trying to catch up.  

I understand your underlying fears.

As the good Dr said above, and we have seen from John’s daughter in-law treatment, they can be overcome. I’m sending you and your family hugs and I’m certain you can feel them. 

• Like 4

I am wishing all our March born family members a very Happy Birthday!🥰
Bon Voyage to the Bella Cruisers! Followng the Live. And WOW so many pages to read already!😁
Bon Voyage to Dani for Morrocco trip. Looking forward to seeing pictures.
We also leave on the 17th for our cruise on the Jewel of the Seas.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I love that you're excited about your "grandson-to-be".  He's getting a pretty awesome bonus grandparent, IMO!

He is just a really good kid.  He is 19 and his passions are music and fishing.  He plays a wide array of musical instruments and is in the symphony.  He also works on a charter boat.  It is a lot of work but he loves it.  He stays out of trouble and stays busy doing the right things.

• Like 13

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Enjoy your day Dani. Definitely good people were born in March, my daughter the 8th, my mom the 13th. My mom would have been 100, I know she would have made it if not for the accident😢

So true...our Son Chris was born on March 5th and Eric born March 31st.   We have 2 very good friends celebrating their birthdays this week too!

June is another great month😍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Today is the 20th anniversary of Charlie’s heart transplant.  So hard to believe.

On a sad note, for me anyway, my Goldfish, Fishy Wishy, almost eight died today. He was the only one who listened to me and would get so excited when he saw me.  Of course, he was waiting to get fed!  However I am still sad😢

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Today is the 20th anniversary of Charlie’s heart transplant.  So hard to believe.

On a sad note, for me anyway, my Goldfish, Fishy Wishy, almost eight died today. He was the only one who listened to me and would get so excited when he saw me.  Of course, he was waiting to get fed!  However I am still sad😢

Congratulations on 20 years for Charlie.

Sorry to hear about Fishy Wishy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

So true...our Son Chris was born on March 5th and Eric born March 31st.   We have 2 very good friends celebrating their birthdays this week too!

June is another great month😍

I have a cousin who I am good friends with who was born March 6.Her husband March 27.My nephew Gary is March 5 .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Almost 8!!!! You took good care of him!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

My mom advised that the best month to give birth is March... Faithfully followed her advice 😉

@dani negreanuYes, my daughter would agree with that.  She was so insistent in being born that month that she came 2 months early.  March 20th.  First day of Spring, no less.

@h20skibum, Mark, Your sacrifice, constant and steadfast commitment to your daughter & family is inspiring. I continue to lift you all up in prayer. May the doctors work wonders in helping your daughter with the right treatment to overcome her recent challenges.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry about Fishy Wishy.    8 yrs. is a happy long life for Goldfish.😃

Congratulations to Charlie and you.    You know he couldn't have done this without you😍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1