Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You might remember that my DD and Lottie was very close to where one of the tornadoes touched down yesterday.   Her DH joined others to help clean up.  This is a couple pics he took.   This is the street behind the daycare that my DD was at.

IMG_6097.thumb.jpeg.5ffacde28bf07893be59cb6ec16ee09f.jpeg

IMG_6096.thumb.jpeg.a2913ccd0cafc50545e7dde32acbcc36.jpeg

So very sad to see the damage.  Thank God your family was safe🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

One of the things that made us smile the most on the Bella cruise was people complimenting us on Owen and his behaviour, as well as his ease of chatting with any of them at any point along the cruise. In fact all of the Bella group cruisers said it at different times. 

Add us to the list of Bella folks that witnessed first hand what a polite, helpful and mature young man Owen is.  He will certainly go far in life!

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great to see you again!  Sounds like you are sooo busy.  I love the pool.  Looks like it would be a cool place for the Dani family to meet.

Thanks for sharing. 

You took the words right off my fingertips.  🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

All I have to say is sometimes you inadvertently get involved in playing a game of Monopoly and you don't even know you have rolled the dice.😏🙄

I get the feeling I missed something. Or is someone else playing the game?

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I get the feeling I missed something. Or is someone else playing the game?

A response to a post on this thread realated to, well let's just say, it had nothing to do with kitchen renovations....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A response to a post on this thread realated to, well let's just say, it had nothing to do with kitchen renovations....

Gotcha, thanks!

On a related note, how many times can the $20,000 suite thread be locked and unlocked? I counted at least 3 times. It's rare to see a thread be unlocked once, never mind 3 times.  There is some good monopoly material there for sure.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Something new arrived in our cabin after dinner tonight.

20230401_200953.thumb.jpg.38a5981228d533ebb84ba9046581f1af.jpg

3 questions...cabin number, name and is anyone experiencing gastrointestinal issues.   Maybe Norovirus is onboard, have not heard anyone mention an issue.

You should ask @John&LaLa about his experience with that.

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

Loved the concert! We had amazing seats. Martina McBride opened and it was amazing

38706CDE-3E59-4DE7-BAC1-29DC0DB44481.thumb.jpeg.b2807e54f5cd16ebf595a94b11458db1.jpeg

E59C4862-D33B-4DEB-9E51-2F46FA0EF09B.thumb.jpeg.4378542d5f6a4ed756f7ae6aad188e1e.jpeg

Loved our location in St. Thomas and we honesty spent the two full days at a private beach club on Lovango and then at Trunk Bay and St. john…both days were great with amazing food…but service at all places was indeed awful

32DD2060-F2F8-45B4-83F9-68B32C86B25E.thumb.jpeg.4d40b1eccc35edb779da1e83b19c2a7b.jpeg

Lovango Beach Club Hyperlapse

The beach club is a former pirate brothel

Trunk Bay

D76D28D5-308D-4D33-AFA7-9553501495FF.thumb.jpeg.81e1b70e24246e8c618f8c796dae3cff.jpeg

0DDA4103-8445-4E77-90CC-BEAE97C743C0.thumb.jpeg.632c7ca0474a685fe82f4d82c01691f6.jpeg

Great pics and I really love the drone videos.

12 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Picked up a few new bourbons to add to the shelf today.  

@Sea Dog have you tried any of these?  The ER10 is really hard to find around here.  The Russell’s is a private barrel selection I got at a local whiskey bar/restaurant through a bourbon group…was able to pick up the other two while I was there.  Can’t wait to crack the OF single barrel.

9FC77D0A-8828-45AF-9627-0AE054D7779B.thumb.jpeg.4fb275e47e60b39c78e422c03d841faa.jpeg

Great  lineup there. The Russels is fantastic. I have a barrel pick also that is so good. ER 10 is a favorite of mine. I need to try that Old Forester. I love the Statesman.

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

was a date settled on? Last I saw it wasn’t set yet. Would love to book.

I hope you join us. You will have a blast.

and please do.

11 hours ago, singinalot said:

sounds like I need to reach out to Bella’s fav travel agent

• Like 3

Cheers, Dani, for thinking of starting this thread three years ago! It has developed into a neighborhood of good folks sharing news of adventures, accomplishments and challenges.

Here’s to more good years of continued postings!🥂

Cheers to all who post here to keep Dani’s thread on the front page of RCL topics🥂

Wishing all a pleasant Sunday and for those who observe, a good Palm Sunday.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I would like to offer my thanks to @dani negreanuDani for starting one of the most awesome threads on CC exactly 3 years ago today.  

A place where we can connect, learn, laugh and cry, supporting each other in times of joy and sorrow.

Here's to many more years of sharing our lives.

Peace, good health and love to all.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Cheers to @dani negreanu on the anniversary of this great thread. We’ve shared our lives, laughed and cried and learned a thing or two. Cheers to you for bringing a wide diverse group of people together from all over the planet to become unified in our little community.

cheers to you!!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

We arrived home by 11 am after a nice breakfast in MDR and easy disembarkment.

@Jimboreserving our Uber ride from Port to Avis worked great.   We finished breakfast around 830 and while walking off the ship to terminal for our luggage received notice our driver was already outside for us at 8:42 and would wait for us till 9 am our reserved time.   We were at her vehicle by 8:50. Perfect!!

Unpacked and doing laundry...off to the food store next.  

Cats were all thrilled to see us, no one snubbed us this time😃

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Since we're all gathered here tonight....

Would someone explain to me in a few words what is 401K ???

Yes, I've tried to google it... seems like savings for retirement.

Since I've been freelance almost all my "working life", I've saved monthly in a "pension" plan. The thing is, those savings are placed in the stock market, and Covid and its "after shocks" seriously diminished its value.

Is it the same with 401K, or you're safe from the stock market's fluctuations??

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Since I've been freelance almost all my "working life", I've saved monthly in a "pension" plan. The thing is, those savings are placed in the stock market, and Covid and its "after shocks" seriously diminished its value.

I am no expert in the 401K field but basically Yes, It’s a retirement savings plan through your employer with tax benefits.  Often times employers will match a certain percentage of what you contribute and/or add a lump sum as an employer benefit too. It’s not shielded from the stock market fluctuations unless you specifically choose very conservative investments.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'll do my best to explain. I'm not a professional advisor by any means.   A 401K is basically a pension type savings plan for retirement.   You save a portion of your paycheck into the plan your employer has chosen.  (Many different plans - John Hancock, Aetna, Morgan Stanly are just a few examples).  For example you save 20% of your paycheck into a plan, many employers will match a small percentage of what you put in.  Once in the plan, you have a choice of how much risk you are willing to take (this is where the stock market comes into play).  Obviously the closer you are to retirement the less risk you want to take.  All deposits are made pre-tax.  You can withdraw your money at anytime, however if you withdraw before age 59 1/2 you will pay a hefty penalty.  After age 59 1/2 you may withdraw without penalty, however you will then pay income tax on the withdraw.  The point being, by the time you begin to withdraw your money, you will be in a lower tax bracket, therefore you would pay lower income taxes.  Hopefully this kind of explains it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I am no expert in the 401K field but basically Yes, It’s a retirement savings plan through your employer with tax benefits.  Often times employers will match a certain percentage of what you contribute and/or add a lump sum as an employer benefit too. It’s not shielded from the stock market fluctuations unless you specifically choose very conservative investments.

Good explanation. We could choose between slow growth, medium growth and strong growth. Slow growth would be invested in say like bonds where the return is not much more than your traditional savings account. Strong growth would mainly be in stocks where you could have sometimes 20% gains but it is also volatile as the stock market is. We have always chooses in between middle and strong growth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2