Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That was very nice that everyone rallied together to help your neighbor.

I'm the say as you.  I love being outdoors and doing yard work.   For me, mowing the lawn is something I enjoy doing and even with Eric retired I want to mow.

I always say I prefer my outdoor chores much more than cleaning bathrooms or mopping floors.

Somehow, my agreement with Susan that I do the outdoor chores and she do the indoor chores, has morphed into I do the outdoor chores and half of the indoor ones  

She has never touched our tractor.  

I only had a lawn service cut our grass, the one summer we spent in California and Europe

• Like 5

15 hours ago, mo&fran said:

so far so good.  should be a week or 2 for any bad stuff to show up.

This first thing that happened while on our last cruise was I started having issues swallowing while eating. then I felt a lump om my neck, just towards the end of the cruise. 

went to the dr as soon as we got home, that started the process where we are today.
 The bad thing is that the radiation could cause the mass to swell and i will not be able to swallow my food. 

The solution to prevent this from happening is to have what  is called a PET tube in my belly to allow nutrition  to feed into my stomach.  That is done.

Today, we have  a telehealth call from a nutrition person whole is supposed to be able to order a supply of food that can be fed through the PET, should that become necessary.

All in preparation for what may happen.

Not that it all goes smooth. The person that schedules the nutrition person called yesterday and said the first appointment was the end of September. That is not going to work. If I need this, it has to be in the next week.  Second call was scheduled to 200 today.

This whole process from early on is that 'next available is a week' for an appointment, but cancelations occur and we got in quicker. Always a sigh of relief, but stressful none the less.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

We are on our way from MCO to Port Canaveral, boarding Independence of the Seas tomorrow morning to PDCC & Nassau, returning Monday. Tonight we stay at the Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral Cruise Port and we’ll likely head over to Fish Lips for dinner.  These boys are going to want to run from one activity to another on the ship, so if I’m not too exhausted at night, I’ll try to post some updates.  Me with Andrew and Will (Andy is in the front seat with the driver)

IMG_9322.thumb.jpeg.100ba1acd67fb7523ed219196835b69f.jpeg

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 30

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

This first thing that happened while on our last cruise was I started having issues swallowing while eating. then I felt a lump om my neck, just towards the end of the cruise. 

went to the dr as soon as we got home, that started the process where we are today.
 The bad thing is that the radiation could cause the mass to swell and i will not be able to swallow my food. 

The solution to prevent this from happening is to have what  is called a PET tube in my belly to allow nutrition  to feed into my stomach.  That is done.

Today, we have  a telehealth call from a nutrition person whole is supposed to be able to order a supply of food that can be fed through the PET, should that become necessary.

All in preparation for what may happen.

Not that it all goes smooth. The person that schedules the nutrition person called yesterday and said the first appointment was the end of September. That is not going to work. If I need this, it has to be in the next week.  Second call was scheduled to 200 today.

This whole process from early on is that 'next available is a week' for an appointment, but cancelations occur and we got in quicker. Always a sigh of relief, but stressful none the less.

Whew that was a close one. Making appointments are always difficult. This has happen to me before. I find having the scheduler transfer to the doctor's head nurse where I leave a message that it is urgent to get in usually works. Good luck!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are on our way from MCO to Port Canaveral, boarding Independence of the Seas tomorrow morning to PDCC & Nassau, returning Monday. Tonight we stay at the Hampton Inn Cape Canaveral Cruise Port and we’ll likely head over to Fish Lips for dinner.  These boys are going to want to run from one activity to another on the ship, so if I’m not too exhausted at night, I’ll try to post some updates.  Me with Andrew and Will (Andy is in the front seat with the driver)

Enjoy your trip, don't wear yourselves out too much with those boys.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Enjoy Indy and have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have a fantastic cruise Deb! Don’t have too much fun as you will need it for our Adventure cruise. 😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa is excited.  

The presale text from Ticketmaster just came through for the Taylor Swift pre-sale tomorrow.  She has her fingers crossed, as the concert is November of 2024. 

I read that 31 million people registered for verifications codes for the Toronto concerts.  Everyone that I know got waitlisted.

My daughter was at TS last show in LA last night. She had already seen her in Tampa and Ohio but of course needed to see her one more time. I didn't ask any questions pertaining to the concert but found out she had the first row of floor seats behind the special guests, including Emma Stone and Adam Sandler.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Lisa!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

I read that 31 million people registered for verifications codes for the Toronto concerts.  Everyone that I know got waitlisted.

My daughter was at TS last show in LA last night. She had already seen her in Tampa and Ohio but of course needed to see her one more time. I didn't ask any questions pertaining to the concert but found out she had the first row of floor seats behind the special guests, including Emma Stone and Adam Sandler.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Lisa!

Unfortunately it was 20 minutes of cue waiting and 40 minutes of trying to get tickets. None in our hand. The same tickets now are 2-4 times more on StubHub than what they were originally selling for on Ticketmaster. Just the way it is. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I see 3 happy faces!!  Have a great time on your cruise, Debbie, Andy, Andrew and Will!  I loved the Independence.  Bon Voyage!!!!🚢

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is 66°F and sunny at 16.33pm.

We went to church this morning for a funeral service for a cousin of Pauline.

This afternoon we went to a castle for lunch.

IMG_20230810_133835.jpg

IMG_20230810_133859.jpg

Sorry to hear that Pauline has lost a cousin.  

Your lunch looks amazing, Graham!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

My son Jonathan got to see her in Kansas City. He said it was a fantastic concert.

Thank you Lenny. Linda thought that was really special for you to do that. 

You are very welcome Greg.Prayers have worked for me and for other people that I knew.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Unfortunately it was 20 minutes of cue waiting and 40 minutes of trying to get tickets. None in our hand. The same tickets now are 2-4 times more on StubHub than what they were originally selling for on Ticketmaster. Just the way it is. 

I hate that this happens with the pricing of tickets with StubHub.😩

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Have a great cruise.  I would love to take our grandkids on a cruise, and they all want to go on one.   Problem is, my daughter got sea sick on the one cruise we took her on when she was probably 11, and she never wants to go on another cruise.  She doesn’t want us to take her two without her, so that doesn’t work.  

We have tried to convince her that the Oasis class ships are much smoother sailings than the ship we had her on in th 90’s.  Maybe next summer.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

There needs to be a better system. Hopefully you can find some that are not scalpers.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

You are very welcome Greg.Prayers have worked for me and for other people that I knew.

Thank you Lenny!❤️

• Like 1