Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I did my first walk around the surgical center floor. Pain is setting in about 5-6 but I’m doing ok. I like my PT she has a good soul.

Greg, thankful all is going well for you.   It's great you have good hearted people working with you too!  That is always a blessing.   Keep the therapy going. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, George C said:

We are watching the news after our martini lunch at our favorite restaurant, Joebob is ignoring us and the news , had a few martini’s for Greg .

image.jpeg

What martinis did you have?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Okay here is the 8th and final tree decorated.

"The Twilight Tree"

20231103_091402.jpg

20231103_091502.jpg

20231103_103812.jpg

20231103_103900.jpg

20231103_103906.jpg

20231103_103919.jpg

20231103_103938.jpg

20231103_103956.jpg

20231103_104004.jpg

20231103_103733.jpg

Beautiful. Love the theme and especially the blood donor ornament .

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Surgery went well . I now have matching metal. In a room now. Weird in recovery as I had a spinal block and Propofal and I could not move my legs or wiggle my toes. Finally wore off and I’m starting to feel them. All is good but starting to feel some pain. Bring on the pain meds.

IMG_3691.thumb.jpeg.98f07953bee59376961e292e727b452f.jpeg

Glad to see your almost smiling face and thumbs up.  Hope you have an easier recovery this time around. Also, my prayers to Linda 😉😇😂!!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thank you both! I am ok. I have my good days and bad. Overall, I am very happy and so know that in 6 months, life will be totally different.

Si sorry that I missed something with you. What happened????

13 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Take it easy Sea dog!  It’s amazing how fast they get hips and knees up walking.  

I’m amazed too. I still can’t believe some insane hoss send some people home that day. This definitely a two nighter.

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Glad to see your almost smiling face and thumbs up.  Hope you have an easier recovery this time around. Also, my prayers to Linda 😉😇😂!!

Poor Linda having to take care of her brother and me. She never complains but I know the weight of knowing that her brother is dying slowly is tough on her. She tells me that their is good result for me, being pain free.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

What martinis did you have?

Beautiful. Love the theme and especially the blood donor ornament .

We always drink dirty vodka martinis, only 4 dollars during lunch special, at night I drink Bombay sapphire gin and tonics and maybe a old fashion, then always a bottle of wine either Napa or Alexander valley Cabernet. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, singinalot said:

no need to apologize! you definitely have had your own “fun” to deal with. the sum of it is that I left Nate in late September and we are getting a divorce. I stayed with my mom for a while and now have my own apartment (a week now).

Crystal I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Ultimately I’m sure you made the right decision for you. You are young, beautiful inside and out and now is the time to focus on you. I have faith that you will be better, stronger and happier in the future. Thank you for sharing. I’m here for you and you do have a great support family here. We love you and will help anyway we can. I may not be able to “run errands for you”  right now but I know this, this  @Sea Dog is your emotional support dog!

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

@Sea Dog Glad to see the recovery starting!

Andi sends her best wishes and IMG_4438.thumb.jpeg.ce90ad1ba211dbbbcd1b0587eaf0e066.jpegis having a celebratory Hot Buttered Kraken for you.

That sounds so good!

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We always drink dirty vodka martinis, only 4 dollars during lunch special, at night I drink Bombay sapphire gin and tonics and maybe a old fashion, then always a bottle of wine either Napa or Alexander valley Cabernet. 

Do you know I’ve never had a dirty vodka martini? I need to try one. It’s extra olive juice that makes it dirty correct?

We have our two granddaughters spending the weekend with us along with our grand dog, Kona.  Middle DD Jessica and SIL Sam are going away for the weekend to celebrate their 7th anniversary.  The ‘celebrating’ maybe be slightly one-sided since we recently learned they are expecting baby #3, our 6th grandchild.  
IMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.06f19db35f9f7930d7843d69c728e6cc.jpeg

Love her “flying nun” ears.

IMG_0275.thumb.jpeg.b591ad00aaba3e749f56ca80fc2c0f46.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That sounds so good!

Do you know I’ve never had a dirty vodka martini? I need to try one. It’s extra olive juice that makes it dirty correct?

Yes extra olive juice , I get mine with olives stuffed with blue cheese . 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Surgery went well . I now have matching metal. In a room now. Weird in recovery as I had a spinal block and Propofal and I could not move my legs or wiggle my toes. Finally wore off and I’m starting to feel them. All is good but starting to feel some pain. Bring on the pain meds.

Looking good, and I can only hope you will be feeling good as soon as possible. 

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Not quite Chops or Giovanni’s but the surgical center has all their food catered in and you can eat 24/7. Taking it easy.

IMG_3693.thumb.jpeg.86c45b3f275e9a0f08b34db50d02215b.jpeg

For hospital food that is looking pretty darn tasty. I hope it gives to the strength for a good recovery. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We have our two granddaughters spending the weekend with us along with our grand dog, Kona.  Middle DD Jessica and SIL Sam are going away for the weekend to celebrate their 7th anniversary.  The ‘celebrating’ maybe be slightly one-sided since we recently learned they are expecting baby #3, our 6th grandchild.  

Congratulations to all, great news 🍼🎉💖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations, Deb and Andy, on such wonderful news!!  Your granddaughters are adorable!  Do they know they will both be big sisters now?  I'm so happy for you all!  The more grandchildren, the more love to go around!💕

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great to hear that your surgery went well,Greg

• Like 1