Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, George C said:

Von Erich’s were big in Dallas area when I moved here in 1982 , I will most likely watch the movie, I believe I saw one or two in a local bar after moving here , tragic story. 

I hope you like it.  My knowledge of wrestling starts and stops with Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper &"Th Rock" Johnson. But again, the wrestling part of the movie is more back ground action. I don't want to give away too much of the story but if there was ever a cursed family, it was the Von Erich's.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I hope you like it.  My knowledge of wrestling starts and stops with Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper &"Th Rock" Johnson. But again, the wrestling part of the movie is more back ground action. I don't want to give away too much of the story but if there was ever a cursed family, it was the Von Erich's.

I grew up watching Bruno Sammartino , in 1967 I was in a bowling league in Madison square garden, occasionally saw wrestlers having a drink at the bar before there match 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Momof3gurlz  Safe travels, Deb and Andy.  Enjoy cheering on the girls during their marathon at Disney.

Does the Allure still go out of Galveston? or has it moved back to Florida?  You've got a lot of busy traveling going on in the next 3 months.  Enjoy every bit of it!   

It’s currently sailing from Port Canaveral. 

@h20skibum  I hope you’ll continue posting from Allure.  Our February cruise will be our first time on her so curious to hear your thoughts.  Congrats on reaching D+. 

Latest forecast for our area has 6-12” of snow from Saturday night through Sunday.  I’m a little sad we’re missing the first storm (sorry @Ocean Boy).  It would’ve been nice to hunker down and watch football all day.   

• Like 6

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

It is sailing out of Port Canaveral now.   Or, I hope it is, because we board her tomorrow morning.  

Yes, moving on to part 3 or 4 of our winter vacation. Normally wouldn’t consider such a short cruise, but since we were here, thought we would remedy this. 

IMG_0479.thumb.jpeg.970bcb9950906dc2291104fe14e01ff8.jpeg

D+ after this one.  Would have been there last year, but…..

Staying at the new Holiday inn Express at Port Canaveral tonight.  This is a nice hotel, so I ended up booking it for our August cruise and canceling our other hotel. 

It is a little cool here. 

IMG_0478.thumb.jpeg.d5b98d8bfbd9170171de6e12bf26f8f8.jpeg

10:30 am boarding time in the morning. 

Have a great time on the Allure, Mark and Susan, and Congratulations on reaching Diamond +

Yes, it is cold here.  I'm sitting on the couch in my sweats and socks...

Bon Voyage!🛳️

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I believe the Yeshiva week was only being acknowledged on just a 2 or 3 ships.   Anthem is one of them since our cruise was leaving out of Bayonne which has a lot of NJ/NY Yeshiva schools that will be closed for their mid winter break.   

It was a tough decision to cancel since we love cruising in Jan/Feb to get away from the cold and relax after all the busy holiday activities so as soon as my Boss said just come down to our place and we'll go out on the boat that helped with our decision.

I am sure you will fine with a sailing out of SJ.    I wish you safe travels and a great cruise with perfect weather☺️

😀

image.gif.6705bdcedd5983c764a4fe9ed05b7845.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

Congratulations what an exciting time with 2 on the way.

As for dad jokes we had the early version over the holidays, GD has a joke book and both kids were non stop joke and knock knocks.  Some really good ones but oh some that make you scratch your head.  All in all lots of fun.

How did your granddaughter like the American Doll crocheted apron, etc. that you so lovingly made for her, April?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@h20skibum  I hope you’ll continue posting from Allure.  Our February cruise will be our first time on her so curious to hear your thoughts.  Congrats on reaching D+.   

Allure is a great ship, Deb!  You're going to love her!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

How did your granddaughter like the American Doll crocheted apron, etc. that you so lovingly made for her, April?

That wasn't me, can't remember who though right now, yes it was a lovely gift. 

Went back and checked it was @derorim.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Where is your cruise taking you, Arzeena?

Thank you, Jen!  Me too!  Looking forward to having a drink with you and Dave on Beyond!🥂

St Martin, San Juan and Coco Cay.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

Wonderful News!!!  Congratulations🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Delaware county where my daughter has a home expect 6 to 12 inches.

They keep changing our forecast.  We were expecting anywhere from 3 to 8 inches depending on which TV channel.  Today we changed over to 1 to 3 then changing over to rain Sunday morning.  

We shall see.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ValerieJo said:

Congratulations Helen and Marty.  Love the pictures.

Thank you, Val! Have fun on your cruise on Vision! 

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations 🎈 

Thank you, Mark!  Now you can relax and enjoy your cruise on Allure. You deserve it. Congratulations on reaching D+ after this one.

6 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Congratulations! Wonderful news!

Thank you, Arzeena! Have a great cruise on Wonder! Cheers!

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Congratulations to you and the family.  

Thank you, Andrew! I enjoyed your Cancun trip review & photos.

4 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Wow!!!!  Congratulations, Helen and Marty!  Such wonderful, exciting news for you both.  Are they going to be your first grandchildren?  They couldn't get better grandparents than you and Marty.  I am so happy for you both!  Best news ever!👣👣

Thank you, Maryann! They will be #3 & 4. Have a wonderful time on your upcoming Panama Canal cruise & the ABC islands.

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Congratulations Helen & Marty!  I love the announcements, too.  

Thank you, Deb!  Enjoy Disney World and then your Allure and Adventure cruises!

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

Congratulations what an exciting time with 2 on the way.

Thank you, April! It was quite a surprise.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

@FromSea2ShiningSea Congratulations that is wonderful news.

Thank you, Greg! I hope you are hanging in there with your pain until your surgery. I’m thinking of you and Linda with her recovery from her surgery. You two will be good as new by middle of this year. I just know it.

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wonderful News!!!  Congratulations🥰

Thank you, Debbi! How nice of your boss to invite you to join them on their boat. Have a great time!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I will probably post a few pictures here. Don’t plan on doing a Live for this short cruise.  I did a couple Live reports on Allure already. It will be interesting how these Oasis class ships handle short cruises. 

• Like 5

@FromSea2ShiningSea, congrats on the new babies!!!

I'm looking forward to being a grandma someday, but my son is still in his early 20s and unmarried, so I can wait a while.  In the meantime, I'll ooh and aah over everyone else's little bundles of joy!

Speaking of which, @Ozark_Kid hasn't been sharing as many Kenzie stories lately.... whassup with that???

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I will probably post a few pictures here. Don’t plan on doing a Live for this short cruise.  I did a couple Live reports on Allure already. It will be interesting how these Oasis class ships handle short cruises. 

I'll be interested to know if it is harder to get into entertainment venues with the same number of passengers competing for fewer showings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am little unsure/nervous about staying at my Boss's house and boat - we have known each for years and we all get along great but it will be a bit odd or different to stay with them.   This is in lieu of our 11 night Anthem sailing that we had booked for 1/18 but cancelled due to Yeshiva week.   

I do not recall the exact size of their boat - it is a Catamaran style boat somewhere around 45 to 50' long with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, full kitchen, living room, outdoor hot tub, etc.   He purchased a new one last year after the hurricane hit that area and previous boat needed lots of repairs and updating.

Hopefully the 4 of us do not end up with drama like below deck😁

Their boat does have Starlink but we don't have to pay a daily fee for Voom.  🤣

I will make sure to take photos and upload here.

Sounds great Debbie. Ours is a coastal cruiser and only 29' so you should have plenty of room. How many people will be on board?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Finally getting around to it to let y’all know.

IMG_3456.thumb.jpeg.1095b7e8bf7eb7bf2b2539685e2664b2.jpeg

DS1 is expecting their first 3/15/2024

IMG_6756.thumb.jpeg.e0e4e8441a96b9be2bf1c82a1c5316eb.jpeg DS2 is expecting their first also, 4/8/2024. They surprised us with this little onesie in the mail when we got back from our British Isles, Greenland/Iceland cruise in August.

DS1 is expecting a boy

DS2 is expecting a girl

How wonderful and great the cousins will grow up close in age 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Regarding Samsung phones, the Galaxy "S" series is their flagship product & probably their best. The problem, or more accurately, the confusion is that now Samsung attaches the Galaxy name to just about everything they make.   I've know a few people that owned the Galaxy "A" series (A50, A23, etc) which is their budget model. It seems to be fine for phone calls & texting but they are always running out of space to download apps & it seems to run slow and somewhat clunky. Mid-range camera so not great but not awful.  Of course, these people are now complaining how awful the Samsung Galaxy phone is, which is only applies to the "A" series, not the "S" series.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10e which I love, it's almost indestructible.  If you could see how many cracks it has, you'd be surprised it still works.

I have an A34, Samsung buds, smart watch, and pad. Very Happy with them, my second Samsung phone. Great photos, does everything I want and only £29 a month on  a two year contract. Works for me.

Yesterday we bought a Samsung microwave and have a Samsung TV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll be interested to know if it is harder to get into entertainment venues with the same number of passengers competing for fewer showings.

That is a problem with the short cruises.  You have to pick and choose the things you want to see.  Already, people complaining about shows sold out.  Will be interesting to see how long the standby lines are.  

Too bad our cruise is leaving from Terminal 1 instead of 3. 

The view from our hotel window. 

IMG_0480.thumb.jpeg.2bed7cefa14eb393a7ef116764086d6c.jpeg

Now that is close. 

• Like 14

24 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Sounds great Debbie. Ours is a coastal cruiser and only 29' so you should have plenty of room. How many people will be on board?

Total of 4 humans and their 2 dogs will be sailing from their Ft Myers home on a Friday and docking at Gasparillo Island till Tuesday afternoon.  Then we fly home on a Wednesday.  

• Like 5

Good morning 

Wishing safe travels to soon to be on a cruise   

Of course a big congratulations to those soon to be grandparents. 

Our pretty kitty after breakfast play’s hockey with her left over food. 

Below is a picture of her setting up for her un-assisted goal. 

Food dish removed by parental unit that washes the floor. Will be returned when her game over, and cat becomes a nuisance for food. 

You may remember Lizzy is on a diet. 
And let’s not talk about that because she can be very persistent when hungry. 

IMG_0008.thumb.jpeg.15823432c1847b593273da916da0d82e.jpeg

Be safe. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 10