Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

I totally agree also. Reminds me of the Netherlands.

I have never been to the Netherlands but one of my daughters has and when we showed her pictures of our first visit there in 2010 that was her immediate comment.

This daughter was a Marathon runner who ran all over the world and vacationed in every place she desired to see when she was not running.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I had a friend who drove from KC to Miami (over 21 hours)nonstop. I don't know he did it without sleep. If I were to make a drive I would do it 2-3 days.

Between the ages of 18 and 22 a guy that I knew drove nonstop from his home in Brooklyn ,NY to the college he attended in Lawrence Kansas without stopping.When you are young you tend to think differently.I could never do that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thank-you.

We have my sister in-law and family coming over for a swim around 1pm and then we head to Sharon’s for a delicious turkey dinner. The pool is 85 and this should be one of the last swims of the season. We are also celebrating our nephew’s 15 birthday today. Pics to come later. 

Have a Great Day!    Happy Birthday to your Nephew.

It must be turkey day.    I am roasting a turkey breast today.    Just put in oven at noon.  Enjoy 😍

• Like 2

Yay!  My godson just reached the halfway point of the marathon.  If he stays on this pace, he will beat the time he wants to finish in.  He is running for the Boston Children's Hospital Miles for Miracles team.  His wife is a resident at Boston Children's and he is a resident at UMASS Memorial Medical Center.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Agreed. It would be much better to tell the truth than lie but they would see bookings drop drastically. Some people believe what SW is selling so they don't cancel.

If I worked for ATC I'd be really upset that SW was trying to though me under the bus.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

I find being a consumer it's more frustrating and stressful dealing with most business customer service (😂) people. 

Yes, it’s frustrating and stressful for us to wait forever on hold and then having to explain probably to more than one person what our issue is, and then deal with an unfamiliar accent we can’t understand. 
However, I can’t imagine listening to peoples’ issues, trying to resolve them, while trying to communicate through language/accent barriers, getting the job done, disconnecting, and immediately starting a new conversation. Over and over, all day!

• Like 5

We were finally able to successfully cruise again 9/19-9/25 on the Carnival Dream out of Galveston. It was so great to be back on board! But I've been trying to get caught up on this thread ever since! 

Last week, we booked a cruise to Alaska on Ovation of the Seas next July. I'm so excited! I've been before, years ago before I was married, and I can't wait to go back with my family.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I could have driving as a backup plan. It's kind of hard to drive to San Juan.🤪😁😜

Be patient, help might be coming. 
I was at a luncheon with a lady who said she was getting ready to rent a car and drive to Nassau  because she doesn’t fly. 
I told her Nassau is on an island, so she wouldn’t be able to drive there. 
She quickly corrected me. 
She said there’s an Overseas Highway from Miami. 
Maybe next will come a longer one to San Juan. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 18

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Breaking news finally...We finally have app support for Explorer. Just another sign that this cruise is happening. Now If I can only decide if I want to keep our Southwest airline reservations or switch to another airline. I know it's 3 weeks away but I'm not having a lot of confidence in Southwest's operations.

I would be very concerned too.    Looks like UA or AA have some options out of MCI to SJU on Saturday,11/06 on choiceair.com    Probably much more than you paid for SW but UA seems reliable these days.   

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Be patient, help might be coming. 
I was at a luncheon with a lady who said she was getting ready to rent a car and drive to Nassau  because she doesn’t fly. 
I told her Nassau is on an island, so she wouldn’t be able to drive there. 
She quickly corrected me. 
She said there’s an Overseas Highway from Miami. 
Maybe next will come a longer one to San Juan. 

LOL...tooo funny!  Can you imagine the look on her face when she gets to Key West?  😄 😄 

image.jpeg.ad0095634b7712c926d5804b1eb475c2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I believe the final passenger count on Odyssey is under 1000.

Also the WJ seems to be larger than Oasis, with out having the tables jammed together. Everyone is sitting in the area as you first walk in, then i noticed there was much more, so I wondered further in, and there was a large area at the back of the ship looking out the back. Very nice.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Spent the weekend on the Thames. 

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Great name for a beautiful dog.  

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Love this picture.   Adorable sweet Nala😍

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wonderful photo.  Both look happy and content😍

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great photo of you.

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said: