Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I had a friend who drove from KC to Miami (over 21 hours)nonstop. I don't know he did it without sleep. If I were to make a drive I would do it 2-3 days.

Was it really nonstop or did he stop for bathroom breaks?  Depends.  🤣🤣🤣

I crack myself up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

Yes, it’s frustrating and stressful for us to wait forever on hold and then having to explain probably to more than one person what our issue is, and then deal with an unfamiliar accent we can’t understand. 
However, I can’t imagine listening to peoples’ issues, trying to resolve them, while trying to communicate through language/accent barriers, getting the job done, disconnecting, and immediately starting a new conversation. Over and over, all day!

Agree language barriers suck. No matter what end of the conversation it is. I'm will be the first to admit I'm not always the nicest person after a few run around transfers or disconnects!! 🤬 Not just cruise line related. My frustration more times than not and especially lately is the so called person that's suppose to be in the know (subject matter expert 😂) doesn't know squat and is providing only excellent lip service. Then you call another CS rep with the same question, concern, issue or problem and get a totally different answer. 🤬 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Between the ages of 18 and 22 a guy that I knew drove nonstop from his home in Brooklyn ,NY to the college he attended in Lawrence Kansas without stopping.When you are young you tend to think differently.I could never do that.

Lenny,

Did he go to the University  of Kansas?

That university seems to have a large,loyal alumni association. We know of a couple,now in their seventies, who avidly cheer for KU basketball .They graduated from KU over 50 years ago, but they remain fans of the school.

• Like 1

Well that was interesting. For a brief time the check-in became available for our Nov. 7th Explorer but when I went to click on it a dialog box appeared saying "Oops a glitch try again later."

I tried different browsers to no avail. I called Linda and had her try and she was able to get in. Got most of the check in done but members of our FB group kept getting errors and then no check in was available.

I wonder if the IT people were just checking the system? Looks like several people got checked in  but most did not. 

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree language barriers suck. No matter what end of the conversation it is. I'm will be the first to admit I'm not always the nicest person after a few run around transfers or disconnects!! 🤬 Not just cruise line related. My frustration more times than not and especially lately is the so called person that's suppose to be in the know (subject matter expert 😂) doesn't know squat and is providing only excellent lip service. Then you call another CS rep with the same question, concern, issue or problem and get a totally different answer. 🤬 

Many years ago I did technical support for a software company and would have to ask customer I need to speak to someone who speaks English.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Waiting for the party to start. Pool is 86F and the air feels like 80F. 

81845351-BAA6-4CEB-A99B-661EEBCEAD04.thumb.jpeg.91be3cfae53ccefb6fb9555f5caa289e.jpeg

With the water that warm, why would you close the pool so soon. When we lived in NJ I used to still be swimming in our unheated pool on Halloween.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Yes, it’s frustrating and stressful for us to wait forever on hold and then having to explain probably to more than one person what our issue is, and then deal with an unfamiliar accent we can’t understand. 
However, I can’t imagine listening to peoples’ issues, trying to resolve them, while trying to communicate through language/accent barriers, getting the job done, disconnecting, and immediately starting a new conversation. Over and over, all day!

That is what they are getting paid to do. If they do not like their job.....

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Keksie said:

My neighbor is turning the peanuts in the field across the street.  I think this is his last peanut field to harvest.  Then he will be on to beans and cotton.

Peanut.thumb.jpeg.9acbd12645b3a9906e9e8e08db8de19e.jpeg

We saw cotton fields in North Carolina when we drove from our home in Virginia to Myrtle Beach,

First time ever my wife and I have seen a cotton field. Never saw those in NJ

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Was it really nonstop or did he stop for bathroom breaks?  Depends.  🤣🤣🤣

I crack myself up.

Remember the female NASA employee who drove to Florida with rope and duct tape to get rid of “the other woman”?

She wore adult diapers so she wouldn’t have to stop. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Spent the weekend on the Thames.  Probably only one or two more trips out until we put the boat away for the winter.  Found out yesterday that both locks either side of our marina are going to be closed for work from 01nov till march so nowhere to go even if we get a mild winter 

IMG-20211010-WA0010.jpg

I would love to spend time on the Thames!  I will, someday, when I finally make it to London!!

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

TSOTD

20210913_182406.jpg

I think I'm going to have to start buying T-shirts!!!!  lol!

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thank-you.

We have my sister in-law and family coming over for a swim around 1pm and then we head to Sharon’s for a delicious turkey dinner. The pool is 85 and this should be one of the last swims of the season. We are also celebrating our nephew’s 15 birthday today. Pics to come later. 

Happy Thanksgiving Day, Andrew, Lisa, Owen, and family!  Happy Birthday wishes to your nephew!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Everyone is sitting in the area as you first walk in, then i noticed there was much more, so I wondered further in, and there was a large area at the back of the ship looking out the back. Very nice.

That sounds somewhat like the V/F class Windjammers.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We saw cotton fields in North Carolina when we drove from our home in Virginia to Myrtle Beach,

Here we have corn, soy bean, cotton and peanuts.  My favorite fields are the sunflower fields in South Dakota.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I always think it’s a little miracle that the cotton looks like cotton balls. Like somebody took them out of a bag and stuck them on the plants. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is what they are getting paid to do. If they do not like their job.....

They might love their jobs. I’ve never had one be less than professional. 
but I still feel sympathy for them. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Now I see the pumpkins! That’s a pretty solid cannon compared to the potato guns I’ve seen. 

They shoot apples out of a potato launcher at Argos Farm in our town.  My grandsons were pretty good at hitting the targets when it was their turn!

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is the area of Western NY where I learned to ski.  We mostly skied Holiday Valley and Kissing Bridge but once made it further to Peek N Peak.  I think the biggest vertical of any of these is only 750 feet.  Nothing compared to Vermont/NH/Maine or especially compared to out west, but still a good place to learn and spend many weekends while growing up.

I learned to ski at Lake Placid back in the '60's.    Several buses would leave Manhattan on Friday and bring us to various ski resorts, but it was Lake Placid where I first began skiing.  Of course, there was plenty of partying in the evenings.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

With the water that warm, why would you close the pool so soon. When we lived in NJ I used to still be swimming in our unheated pool on Halloween.

By end of the week the temperatures are dropping to around 18C (64F). I don’t mind heating the pool but yesterday it was only 73 until we cranked the heat to 85. With all the sports we don’t have lot of free nights to swim when we get home either. 

• Like 3

The North Atlantic is a bit choppy today with some surf....

20211011_143728.thumb.jpg.7fa8300aa0d2d3da7bff8e2148127330.jpg

I love lighthouses. I think I have said that many times.

20211011_143429.thumb.jpg.b01fa351ab9d64cff1eab551c3897eb7.jpg

This may not be taken from a cruise ship balcony but right now the sun's warmth and the view are putting me at peace.

20211011_145016.thumb.jpg.eb725a8a2ec5ca555b23c2fd467f4ee1.jpg

• Like 13