Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Fairly long segment in the news this morning. Over 2000 fligjts cancelled over the long weekend. SWA continues to blame ATC and the weather while others point out they were the only airline that had major issues. 

The worst thing a company can do if they are not going to come clean with the public is come up with excuses that are easily refuted.

Exactly!  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, island lady said:

Especially in today's Covid staff shortages, those hold times indeed are longer with less agents.  I had similar problems with Delta...one time on hold for over an hour just to correct their mistake.  Same situation.  And I even asked he Delta agent if I needed to transfer to my connecting flight by parachute, since the plane will leave before the first leg gets there.  

She thanked me for the morning laugh...said she needed it. 😉 

I’m glad she could laugh. The stress on airline and everyone else’s customer service people must be exhausting. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yes, it looks real.    Do you know if the virtual balcony "moves" in the same direction as the ship?  If not, folks could become disoriented?  The rest of your pictures are great and as others have said, the flowers are beautiful.

I'll take your weather over mine.  We have a tornado watch, possible hail, strong wind until Mon, 2am.  Hoping all will be quiet and safe.  

I believe it moved but didn't really pay attention since I wasn't in there very long. I would think so since it's what the ships camera sees. 

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

What a beautiful pup!!!!

My nephew (and Godchild) worked for the company that invented the Virtual Balcony concept!

That had to be an interesting job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Spent the weekend on the Thames. 

IMG-20211010-WA0010.jpg

Great photo of you.

Fairly long segment in the news this morning. Over 2000 fligjts cancelled over the long weekend. SWA continues to blame ATC and the weather while others point out they were the only airline that had major issues. 

The worst thing a company can do if they are not going to come clean with the public is come up with excuses that are easily refuted.

I totally agree and making it very hard for me to trust them with my travel. We are booked for our November 5th travel via SW but I may cancel and book with another airline.

54 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thank-you.

We have my sister in-law and family coming over for a swim around 1pm and then we head to Sharon’s for a delicious turkey dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving Andrew!

53 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Today we are at sea. 

Enjoy and relax. Cheers!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

TSOTD: CANCELED

🙄. Not really on the t shirt but already our 2nd leg canceled.  Our flight to Atlanta is still a go.  If we can get there we will only be 3 hours from Sharon's family in Huntsville AL.  😁

Sorry you are having so much trouble getting home.

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

IMG-20211010-WA0010.jpg

What a beautiful dog.

....The worst thing a company can do if they are not going to come clean with the public is come up with excuses that are easily refuted.

Agreed. It would be much better to tell the truth than lie but they would see bookings drop drastically. Some people believe what SW is selling so they don't cancel.

• Like 5

Breaking news finally...We finally have app support for Explorer. Just another sign that this cruise is happening. Now If I can only decide if I want to keep our Southwest airline reservations or switch to another airline. I know it's 3 weeks away but I'm not having a lot of confidence in Southwest's operations.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thank-you.

We have my sister in-law and family coming over for a swim around 1pm and then we head to Sharon’s for a delicious turkey dinner. The pool is 85 and this should be one of the last swims of the season. We are also celebrating our nephew’s 15 birthday today. Pics to come later. 

have a great day!  happy Thanksgiving 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Looks like its over for us here in Carrollton. Y’all OK?

We had no damage in our Carrollton house, but lost the tv signal for the Buffalo Bills vs KC game , weird thing was at same exact time that we had our storms KC had storms and stopped the game for a hour. We do need a new roof from previous hail storms. Game finally ended at midnight our time with a nice win for Bills. 
   We had a nice day earlier Sunday saw Chris Botti playing downtown Dallas with a great band and entire Dallas symphony backing him up .

Edited by George C
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I had to wear a bright color so Susan could find me easier. Today, we drove up to the Fall Festival at Peak N Peak ski resort in New York. 

This is the area of Western NY where I learned to ski.  We mostly skied Holiday Valley and Kissing Bridge but once made it further to Peek N Peak.  I think the biggest vertical of any of these is only 750 feet.  Nothing compared to Vermont/NH/Maine or especially compared to out west, but still a good place to learn and spend many weekends while growing up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I didn't know you were on the Odyssey at the same time as we were on the Edge. Would have been great to see you even from afar.

We have an aft balcony on deck 10.

We have a sea day today and tomorrow. Then it's Aruba and Curacao. What is your schedule?

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I’m glad she could laugh. The stress on airline and everyone else’s customer service people must be exhausting. 

I find being a consumer it's more frustrating and stressful dealing with most business customer service (😂) people. 

• Like 1

No, no, no! The last top tier party they showed some of the making of Oceanite. I wasn't expecting what they showed so I didn't think to record in the beginning so I didn't bother. This time I was ready and they didn't show it. 😔  CD was walking by (as I finish my free champagne 😁) so I asked him. He was told to keep this top tier short so maybe next time. It was really interesting so I'll be ready again next time and hopefully they will show it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Looks like its over for us here in Carrollton. Y’all OK?

So glad!  All is well here as well. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm done with SW.  

38 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Breaking news finally...We finally have app support for Explorer. Just another sign that this cruise is happening. Now If I can only decide if I want to keep our Southwest airline reservations or switch to another airline. I know it's 3 weeks away but I'm not having a lot of confidence in Southwest's operations.

I just read that a SW spokesperson stated he's worried about SW holiday travel.  I would switch if I could.

34 minutes ago, George C said:

We had no damage in our Carrollton house, but lost the tv signal for the Buffalo Bills vs KC game , weird thing was at same exact time that we had our storms KC had storms and stopped the game for a hour. We do need a new roof from previous hail storms. Game finally ended at midnight our time with a nice win for Bills. 
   We had a nice day earlier Sunday saw Chris Botti playing downtown Dallas with a great band and entire Dallas symphony backing him up .

Glad all of us weathered the storm with no damage.  When we lived in Plano, more than half of the houses on my block had to replace roofs after one major hail storm.  Roofers made out like bandits!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So glad!  All is well here as well. 

I'm done with SW.  

I just read that a SW spokesperson stated he's worried about SW holiday travel.  I would switch if I could.

Glad all of us weathered the storm with no damage.  When we lived in Plano, more than half of the houses on my block had to replace roofs after one major hail storm.  Roofers made out like bandits!

Our buddy who lives in Plano had to live in a hotel for 4 months do to our February freeze which caused his pipes to bust and destroy much of his house, house looks great now after about 100k in repairs. We are negotiating with Allstate to see how much they will pay . 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

From their recent record I think I’d not be picking them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great time. I love Curacao.

Curaçao is one of my favorite places in the Caribbean.It is so different than the other downtown areas of other islands.We have been there several times.In 2018 or 2019 I was in a store wearing my Born In Brooklyn tee shirt.A guy working in the store asked where in Brooklyn was I born.When I told him he replied that he too was born there.He was 40 years younger than me but we still had an interesting conversation especially because he lived in a house across the street from where I lived.Of course we bought things in the store.

• Like 7