Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, George C said:

We are having our annual 4th of July pool party to celebrate the 4th and my wife’s birthday. Last year we were celebrating the 4th on celebrity edge in the penthouse.

Happy birthday to your dear wife George.

4083233bf03116c6a32450121e6ea85e.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

Passed my COVID test this time.  Heading down to the Mariner soon.  Seems like it's been ages but it has only been since mid May since I was on a ship

Great news Ellen.  Hope you have a great cruise! 

• Thanks 1

I know this is not necessarily the kind of collector bottle that Greg was talking about.  

F12CCF7E-5644-445C-9054-DED0E5C17A32.thumb.jpeg.3685f1a0b03d0a3709bf49cde4725261.jpeg

But, when I go for my yearly check up, and they ask about guns in the house, I am never sure if I should include this one!  So I just say I have several, and I know how to use them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

This is 1 of the 2 pots we put flowers in this year that are on our deck.

20220704_103046.jpg

This is the other pot

20220704_103135.jpg

That is a large Hydrangea  and a patch of gladiolus at bottom of steps.  Glads are going to bloom soon. They are at the end of the steps leading up to the deck.

To the right side in the picture is pieces of zucchini in the grass cut up for the deer. Last night there were 2 nice sized bucks in there eating, hope to get some pictures tonight, didn't have my phone on me when they were out there.

20220704_103149.jpg

This is the same patch of wildflowers we grew last year. Pulled everything out last year and just spread the dried up old seeds around, wasn't sure what was going to come up if anything but it seems to be filling in pretty well. The birds love the birdfeeder too.

There is a fence netting around the wild flowers so the deer don't get in there.

20220704_103303.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 14

14 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Not every dog.  Oliver likes watching the fireworks.  We just did our nightly walk and he would stop and watch the fireworks people were setting off around the complex.

I think Oliver is in the minority and that is great .Every dog I have ever lived with has been terrified of the sound of firecrackers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Lenny, I am sure there are a lot of depressing things in any of our journals, if we are honest.  Sounds like you have had a wonderful life.  I'm happy to hear you are 'out and about' now. Stay well.

I actually had a setback because the last two times I was out I had to turn back after one block.However,I am not giving up.

Re my journal I am not inferring that everything I am referring to just occurred in my life .

• Like 4

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Many cities officially prohibit them, but enjoy the revenue. Police rarely enforce. Even on the beach where signs are posted year round. 

More like hypocritical state of FL😉

I guess you read about the Florida man who had his hand blown up a couple of days ago.

They say you can’t fix stupid. 
You can’t legislate against it, either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is odd, speed and efficiency are not two words I usually associate with the word "South".😇😊

That’s because you’re waaaay up there and we’re waaaay down here!

We have our own language in addition to the one we share. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

👎

That’s one way to look at it. 
Here’s another. A comic strip in our daily paper. 

Andy Capp is a British subject, living north of London somewhere near a canal. He’s a layabout who spends as much time as he can in pubs. 
So Graham and Sue, do y’all pay any more attention to Independence Day than we do to Guy Fawkes?

3887DB42-9F81-4716-AF27-E69B31506CD3.jpeg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

This is 1 of the 2 pots we put flowers in this year that are on our deck.

20220704_103046.jpg

This is the other pot

20220704_103135.jpg

That is a large Hydrangea  and a patch of gladiolus at bottom of steps.  Glads are going to bloom soon. They are at the end of the steps leading up to the deck.

To the right side in the picture is pieces of zucchini in the grass cut up for the deer. Last night there were 2 nice sized bucks in there eating, hope to get some pictures tonight, didn't have my phone on me when they were out there.

20220704_103149.jpg

This is the same patch of wildflowers we grew last year. Pulled everything out last year and just spread the dried up old seeds around, wasn't sure what was going to come up if anything but it seems to be filling in pretty well. The birds love the birdfeeder too.

There is a fence netting around the wild flowers so the deer don't get in there.

20220704_103303.jpg

I always enjoy the pictures of your nice property. Interesting, peaceful and serene. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

TSOTD is from Breezy Point,NY

In the 1970’s I was there practically every July 4 .

TSOTD- not even close to breezy.   My TSOTD is totally wet from being out in the heat!  I will soon fine another TSOTD after I drink a bunch of water and cool down! 😎 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Coralc said:

The kitchen remodel is finally completed! We booked the project in January. The backsplash was installed last week. Bill installed the new switches and undercabinet lights this weekend. 

The old kitchen: 

Oldkitchencounter.thumb.JPG.6ec2e1170812d25bb3efb3e6bae175bd.JPG

The new kitchen: 

Newkitchen1.thumb.JPG.3dc4c07cefa7eed8410e0fa16bf4c05f.JPG

Newkitchen5.JPG

That’s really nice.

7 hours ago, molly361 said:

Passed my COVID test this time.  Heading down to the Mariner soon.  Seems like it's been ages but it has only been since mid May since I was on a ship

Enjoy your cruise. We cruise in a week. Seems like forever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Did you have to deal with any of the storm yesterday or did it stay south of you. 

It stayed south. It rained a little bit but nothing severe. Cloudy all day yesterday. Hot as you know what today. Supposed to go out on our cousins pontoon boat for annual fireworks display. It's going to a sweat fest. Hope you are having a great day!

• Like 1