Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

How lucky you were to spend your summers there!

Jim's family had a house there since my mil was a child....at least since the 1920's.  Jim's aunt and his cousins also lived in Breezy until about 20 years ago.  They lived a block behind the Catholic Church.

A dear friend of mine still lives in Breezy.  Love it there!

It is a great place. My parents owned a bungalow there for a number of years. They also rented some bungalows other years.

My maternal grandparents owned a bungalow for many, many years. That is when my Grandpa told me he had a faucet with which he turned on and off the Atlantic Ocean. 

We attended the church to which your are likely referring.... 

There were lots of bonfires and fireworks on the 4th of July weekend. 

Meanwhile we are just home from Connecticut ..... a pretty lake scene....

20220703_190523.thumb.jpg.feead08cb2f4e5f608424c94637ede17.jpg

• Like 19

55 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I really need to plant some!

Sharon started some last year.  At the end of the season seed fell all over and they filled in more this year.  I really like them.  She planted them next to the garden so I bet it helps it out.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Great photos. Did you take them with your phone? If so, which mode?

Thanks, I was using the x10 lense in photo mode. I was able to stay back while shooting.  I tried to take some in zoom portrait but as I moved in they would fly away.  I am sure it being so bright out helped.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope everyone had a happy & safe 4th of July. 
It was a gorgeous weather day here, sunny and hot but no humidity. Perfect pool day. 
The umbrellas we ordered finally came in. Thankfully Andy had set the ground mount for the cantilever before his injury.  Our SIL bolted to the mount today and it works great. It tilts and swivels so we can keep the dining set shady not matter the angle of the sun.  A few pictures of it and our low key celebration today. 

DB2A598F-78D3-4A2E-B023-144D9FF13D1D.jpeg

7698F98E-B16A-4A4D-B505-C8DDFCE4DD5D.jpeg

4EF999E9-E3FC-4C4F-9951-9E4142B4250D.jpeg

6D919A69-BABC-4963-B1FA-48699983FB59.jpeg

• Like 24

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope everyone had a happy & safe 4th of July. 
It was a gorgeous weather day here, sunny and hot but no humidity. Perfect pool day. 
The umbrellas we ordered finally came in. Thankfully Andy had set the ground mount for the cantilever before his injury.  Our SIL bolted to the mount today and it works great. It tilts and swivels so we can keep the dining set shady not matter the angle of the sun.  A few pictures of it and our low key celebration today. 

DB2A598F-78D3-4A2E-B023-144D9FF13D1D.jpeg

7698F98E-B16A-4A4D-B505-C8DDFCE4DD5D.jpeg

4EF999E9-E3FC-4C4F-9951-9E4142B4250D.jpeg

6D919A69-BABC-4963-B1FA-48699983FB59.jpeg

It was an absolutely beautiful day today as well as most of  this weekend. The beach was packed. You have a beautiful pool.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

How lucky you were to spend your summers there!

Jim's family had a house there since my mil was a child....at least since the 1920's.  Jim's aunt and his cousins also lived in Breezy until about 20 years ago.  They lived a block behind the Catholic Church.

A dear friend of mine still lives in Breezy.  Love it there!

The guy we knew who lived there was known by everyone .Whenever we entered and had to stop at the guard booth and told them we were there to visit Jimmy A.the guards always told us he was a great guy.Toby and his wife went to Nursing school together .We were very close friends and just lost touch .I cannot remember why.In the 90’s a guy who I worked with was in the process of moving from BayRidge Brooklyn to Breezy Point.

22 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Tonight we went to hear the free concert at Lake Harriet. Walked around the lake first. It was overcast, about 80 F but a little sticky. Lake looked like a mirror.

The band tonight was Minneapolis Pops Orchestra. They were awesome. Started off with Star Spangled Banner and the rest of the night didn't disappoint. This video is the last number. They will also be performing next Sunday night.

Nancy, talked to my son this morning and he, DIL and GD went to the Sunday concert. Had a great time. It’s a really nice setting. Hope we can attend one of the concerts when we are in Minni next month. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I was going to say the same thing!  One of the FDNY guys Jim worked with lived at Breezy.

We've also been to many parties at the Catholic Club.  What a great place Breezy is!☺️

I have have many friends ,relatives and neighbors who retired from the NYPD and or the FDNY.The son of one friend is with the FDNY currently .We also have been to parties at the Catholic Club.We loved Breezy Point.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

It is a great place. My parents owned a bungalow there for a number of years. They also rented some bungalows other years.

My maternal grandparents owned a bungalow for many, many years. That is when my Grandpa told me he had a faucet with which he turned on and off the Atlantic Ocean. 

We attended the church to which your are likely referring.... 

There were lots of bonfires and fireworks on the 4th of July weekend. 

Meanwhile we are just home from Connecticut ..... a pretty lake scene....

20220703_190523.thumb.jpg.feead08cb2f4e5f608424c94637ede17.jpg

Can I ask where your father was a Police Officer ? I have had friends who worked in Brooklyn,Manhattan and Queens.One was Chief of Detectives in Queens County,one was a Sgt.in Manhattan South and one a Lt.in Brooklyn.In addition I have many friends who were police officers,some were second generation.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Can I ask where your father was a Police Officer ? I have had friends who worked in Brooklyn,Manhattan and Queens.One was Chief of Detectives in Queens County,one was a Sgt.in Manhattan South and one a Lt.in Brooklyn.In addition I have many friends who were police officers,some were second generation.

Every borough with the exception of Staten Island.  When he retired he was a Lt. Detective squad commander. We will have to leave it at that. 😉

• Like 5

1 minute ago, mets07 said:

Every borough with the exception of Staten Island.  When he retired he was a Lt. Detective squad commander. We will have to leave it at that. 😉

In the 40’s the father of one of my friends was a Lt.in the 75th.pct.in Brooklyn.That was the first person I knew who was in law enforcement.

We had a wonderful time at our nieces picnic today.   Beautiful sunny warm day, no humidity.

parade this morning was one of the best i have seen in several years.   I forgot my phone, so no photos.

I'm currently on back patio watching one of our neighbors do an amazing display of fireworks.   

Next up is fireworks by the township to start at 930.   Eric and his Brother walked down to the field in school yard a block or so to watch there.   

Carnival in town for the week started at 6 pm.

Our street has been blocked off since 6 pm for traffic control.  

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I recently received royal up email for our Oasis 8.28 sailing and was surprised to see min bid for GS is $120, $135 for 2 bdrm, and $170 for owners suite

Wow that is cheap. Minimum I could put for the the two bedroom was $1275pp.

• Like 3