Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Nancy, talked to my son this morning and he, DIL and GD went to the Sunday concert. Had a great time. It’s a really nice setting. Hope we can attend one of the concerts when we are in Minni next month. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon

It's a beautiful setting. There are concerts all over the city. You could go somewhere every night. 

Does your son have the Lake Harriet schedule? If not, let me know and I'll post it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope everyone had a happy & safe 4th of July. 
It was a gorgeous weather day here, sunny and hot but no humidity. Perfect pool day. 
The umbrellas we ordered finally came in. Thankfully Andy had set the ground mount for the cantilever before his injury.  Our SIL bolted to the mount today and it works great. It tilts and swivels so we can keep the dining set shady not matter the angle of the sun.  A few pictures of it and our low key celebration today. 

DB2A598F-78D3-4A2E-B023-144D9FF13D1D.jpeg

7698F98E-B16A-4A4D-B505-C8DDFCE4DD5D.jpeg

4EF999E9-E3FC-4C4F-9951-9E4142B4250D.jpeg

6D919A69-BABC-4963-B1FA-48699983FB59.jpeg

Lovely garden and pool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I recently received royal up email for our Oasis 8.28 sailing and was surprised to see min bid for GS is $120, $135 for 2 bdrm, and $170 for owners suite

That’s really cheap. The one I just received for a jr suite was 405.00pp. Going from a balcony to that wasn’t worth it.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

So Graham and Sue, do y’all pay any more attention to Independence Day than we do to Guy Fawkes?

3887DB42-9F81-4716-AF27-E69B31506CD3.jpeg

Usually someone has a party locally as there are often fireworks heard late at night on the 4th.  Think a lot of ex pat Americans will celebrate but its pretty low key

The two big occasions in the UK for fireworks is Guy Fawkes 5th Nov and New Years Eve.

We don't really have big national celebrations in England like the Irish do. We do have St Georges Day but it's very low key and often passes unremarked 

• Like 4

We too watched fireworks. They were everywhere you looked. We are in Orlando currently.  Heard some booms till 1.30 am. Disney's are by far excellent, but we would never venture that on July 4th at any park or the California Grill at Contemporary. So we have watched those from a  particular Publix parking lot many times 😁. Other places also had wonderful fireworks and everywhere you looked you could see them.
As much as I enjoy fireworks, I was thinking about some poor puppies and prayed they were not scared.

• Like 5

I received something similar in price like Renee did for Upgrade offer on the Oasis for JS. We will keep our balcony on that one. Tempted, but not for that kind of $$$$. Debbie's offer is a good one.
However, Celebrity sent us Move Up offers three times already for our Equinox sailing. Booked pretty much last minute. Definitely keeping our original cabin there. They were asking for first born!🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That’s really cheap. The one I just received for a jr suite was 405.00pp. Going from a balcony to that wasn’t worth it.

We are in a JS on this sailing.  We usually don't bother since we prefer to pick our own location but we may just have to submit a couple bids.   

Heck. Wifi for 2 devices costs more than min bids.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I hope everyone had a happy & safe 4th of July. 
It was a gorgeous weather day here, sunny and hot but no humidity. Perfect pool day. 
The umbrellas we ordered finally came in. Thankfully Andy had set the ground mount for the cantilever before his injury.  Our SIL bolted to the mount today and it works great. It tilts and swivels so we can keep the dining set shady not matter the angle of the sun.  A few pictures of it and our low key celebration today. 

DB2A598F-78D3-4A2E-B023-144D9FF13D1D.jpeg

7698F98E-B16A-4A4D-B505-C8DDFCE4DD5D.jpeg

4EF999E9-E3FC-4C4F-9951-9E4142B4250D.jpeg

6D919A69-BABC-4963-B1FA-48699983FB59.jpeg

Beautiful pool and patio😃

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had a great 4th of July event last night.  Great food & drink, live music, and a fantastic fireworks show at the end.

APC_2844.thumb.JPG.538d47fdeb7d9d9e66c8fd45f345e689.JPG

Awesome firework display.   You did a great job taking the video🤩

Did you use a tripod for your camera or phone?   So steady

• Like 1

Story time:

How we spent our fourth of July weekend.

To begin with, this holiday always brings  back memories of my DH's dad.

I have mentioned some of this before on CC.

57 years ago, his plane went down over Libya, on July 1,1965.

It was not a "Mission" so his name does not appear on the Vietnam wall.  

My DH was only 9 months old at the time so the memories he has were passed down through his mom and all the memorabilia she kept. 

The DH always wanted to follow his dads footsteps and go to the Air Force Academy, but when your vision is sub par, it is not going to happen. So, he often talks about not having a 'dad' in his life, but his uncles did a great job filling in.  (His mom never remarried).

So what better way to spend and evening in this hot hot weather is to go to the theaters to see 

TOP GUN.

My husband was so into the movie as was I.

Afterwards we went to dinner at Out Back, and he was able to share some of his fathers accomplishments. His jet was the F100

It was one of the few times he really opened up about what he knew about his father and you could hear the calmness in his voice as well as the love he shared of his legacy.

It was a very fulfilling evening.

It was meant to be.

We also did a little de-cluttering of the computer room.

We have two desks in the room.

One our knew massive computer desk with enough drawers to put a hoarder in heaven, and my DH old desk he grew up with.

Well it was time to get rid of the old desk.

So we went through it drawer by drawer and found some interesting items.

We found original Ronald McDonald happy wrappers, Idora park tickets, his report card from 1970, and a slide rule as well as a ton of other things whose only purpose now was to fill a trash can.

Now we did find one thing of interest.

30 years ago when we were first married and were at his moms house for dinner, she gave us my DH's life insurance policy to take home. In the booklet she put the savings bonds she bought for him.

Well making a long story short we brought them home, put them in a safe place and could never find them.

When we went to dinner for months afterwards at his moms house she asked if we ever found all those bonds she bought.......................uh no.  We got tired of being asked.  She knew I was a clean freak and goes, "Your wife, (nameless me) must have thrown them out"

Well BAMMMMMMMMM!

The DH her son, put them in his desk, and we found them yesterday.

The insurance policy as well as "  . . . . . . . . ...................all those bonds"

Yup,two $25 bonds...........................yup, all those bonds.

So as she is looking down from heaven, she can thank her son for putting them in a safe place, and me the wifey did not ever throw them out.

Yup 2 bonds.

Gotta love it.

Take care

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Story time:

My DH was only 9 months old at the time so the memories he has were passed down through his mom and all the memorabilia she kept. 

The DH always wanted to follow his dads footsteps and go to the Air Force Academy, but when your vision is sub par, it is not going to happen. So, he often talks about not having a 'dad' in his life, but his uncles did a great job filling in.  (His mom never remarried).

So what better way to spend and evening in this hot hot weather is to go to the theaters to see 

TOP GUN.

Afterwards we went to dinner at Out Back, and he was able to share some of his fathers accomplishments. His jet was the F100

It was one of the few times he really opened up about what he knew about his father and you could hear the calmness in his voice as well as the love he shared of his legacy.

It was meant to be.

One our knew massive computer desk with enough drawers to put a hoarder in heaven, and my DH old desk he grew up with.

We found original Ronald McDonald happy wrappers, Idora park tickets, his report card from 1970, and a slide rule as well as a ton of other things whose only purpose now was to fill a trash can.

30 years ago when we were first married and were at his moms house for dinner, she gave us my DH's life insurance policy to take home. In the booklet she put the savings bonds she bought for him.

Well making a long story short we brought them home, put them in a safe place and could never find them.

When we went to dinner for months afterwards at his moms house she asked if we ever found all those bonds she bought.......................uh no.  We got tired of being asked.  She knew I was a clean freak and goes, "Your wife, (nameless me) must have thrown them out"

Well BAMMMMMMMMM!

The insurance policy as well as "  . . . . . . . . ...................all those bonds"

So as she is looking down from heaven, she can thank her son for putting them in a safe place, and me the wifey did not ever throw them out.

Yup 2 bonds.

Gotta love it.

Take care

You have a wonderful way of telling stories.  Tell your DH that I appreciate his family's sacrifice!

• Like 4

Santorini -- Don't envy the guy who carries guest's luggage all those steps up....

image.thumb.jpeg.24ff691b23e68dd544e0accf4422b0ca.jpeg

Mykonos - Such a cute house...

image.thumb.jpeg.31ededad4f11c6b837444209ca2b6713.jpeg

Mosta (Malta) - The Rotunda

image.thumb.jpeg.77e58ca221c03be65795c2c0d5bd7bb7.jpeg

The port of Valletta --

image.thumb.jpeg.ee0d2fcd6ced7257a2d532347866e4f3.jpeg

An interesting door in M'dina, liked the contrast with the yellow stone....

image.thumb.jpeg.eb0b37b3ac8a19528ff737bad205840c.jpeg

• Like 29

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Story time:

TOP GUN.

It was meant to be.

Well BAMMMMMMMMM!

Yup 2 bonds.

Gotta love it.

Take care

The last time I went through old drawers I found my report card from the 4th.grade ,my mothers first passport and an insurance policy that my parents took out in 1947.

• Like 4

We’re off on a little road trip. First stop, Baltimore.  Several years ago in our way home from FL we stopped and saw a Red Sox vs Orioles game at Camden Yards. On our last trip home from FL in March, as we drove thru B’more, I mentioned I’d like to go there again.  So for Mother’s Day Andy bought us tickets for tonight’s game.  Now I meant I’d like to go to a Red Sox game again, but we’re seeing the Orioles vs some team that’s not the Sox LOL, but it’s the thought that counts!  We’re staying overnight within walking distance of the ballpark.  
Tomorrow we’re heading to Cape May NJ for the day, then checking into Harrah’s in Atlantic City tomorrow night.  Thursday we’ll go to our oldest daughters in PA for the weekend, celebrating two grandsons July birthdays.  

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re off on a little road trip. First stop, Baltimore.  Several years ago in our way home from FL we stopped and saw a Red Sox vs Orioles game at Camden Yards. On our last trip home from FL in March, as we drove thru B’more, I mentioned I’d like to go there again.  So for Mother’s Day Andy bought us tickets for tonight’s game.  Now I meant I’d like to go to a Red Sox game again, but we’re seeing the Orioles vs some team that’s not the Sox LOL, but it’s the thought that counts!  We’re staying overnight within walking distance of the ballpark.  
Tomorrow we’re heading to Cape May NJ for the day, then checking into Harrah’s in Atlantic City tomorrow night.  Thursday we’ll go to our oldest daughters in PA for the weekend, celebrating two grandsons July birthdays.  

Sound like an awesome road trip!     We love Baltimore and have been going there for 25+ years.       Where are you staying tonight?      There are so many good restaurants we love when there.    

here are some you may want to try:

https://www.bobrooks.com/  🦀🦞🦐  very nice setting located at a high end marina with yachts sales right next door.     great water views and fun to look at the boats.    Crabs are always good here along with everything else.    Usually have a good assortment of oysters.

https://nicksfishhouse.com/   Off the beaten path in an industrial - but right on the water and the place is always hoping.     They are known for their steamed maryland blue crabs, everything is delicious here.    Definitely one of our favorites.    

https://www.mccormickandschmicks.com/location/mccormick-schmicks-baltimore-md/

located on the water next to the lighthouse (behind Pier 5 Hotel) - great views of the harbor.   

https://mamasonthehalfshell.com/ this is located in a section called Canton - which is also nice to wander around day or night.    I always love their Sunday Brunch too!

So many places I could go on and on but these are 3 that are always go to at least once when visiting the area.    

IMO, Avoid Phillips Seafood - we have never been a fan of this chain for many reasons. 

I highly recommend you walk down to the harbor and board a water taxi.      This a great way to see many different areas of Baltimore to figure out where you may like to go next time you are there.       Fells Point is a lot of fun to bar hop (lots of nice dive bars) and/or food hop the various cafes.   Lots of fun shops there too!

Eric always jokes that I know my way around the streets of Baltimore better than I do at home.   There is another excellent crab cake place we go to but in a very seedy part of town, I don't want to send you there and scare you off from all the beauty of Baltimore.  Let me know if you have any questions or in the mood for a certain type of food and I can try to help.       

Have a great trip and Safe Travels😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1