Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Poor little g/son in hospital over weekend. Parents took him to A&E as he was wheezing badly and they admitted him onto ward. They've kept him in for two nights on oxygen and medication to open airwaves. I was going over to hospital today to give parents a break but they are hoping Dr's will discharge as hes much better now and a parent has to be there for discharge 

Other baby g/son also has another cold, only 2 months old and has had a few already 

Glad to hear he is well enough to be discharged.  Always sad when the babies are not well.   Hoping for a speedy recovery for both😀

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Poor little g/son in hospital over weekend. Parents took him to A&E as he was wheezing badly and they admitted him onto ward. They've kept him in for two nights on oxygen and medication to open airwaves. I was going over to hospital today to give parents a break but they are hoping Dr's will discharge as hes much better now and a parent has to be there for discharge 

Other baby g/son also has another cold, only 2 months old and has had a few already 

Prayers 🙏 for good health for your baby grandson's Sue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Beautiful beaches near you Graham.  When I think of English beaches I think of the ones I visited in Devon that were pebbly beaches.

We live on the North East coast of England.

It is about 400 miles north of Devon.

There are lots of fabulous beaches on the Durham, Northumberland coast.

• Like 2

Very sad day here,last night at 1:20 am our Feral Cat we got 4 years ago passed here at home.

She has been through alot but now is in a better place.

Graycie had FIV and later she had Feline Leukemia, she also had to have all her teeth extracted because of infections.

Last few days she wasn't eating or drinking. I really think she knew it was time. I was with her when she passed.

My Wife is heart broken, she followed my Wife around the house everywhere,she was her shadow I used to say. She even used to sleep on my Wife's back while sleeping.She was always close to Wife where ever she was in the house.

First picture is of her helping my Wife working from home.

Second picture was taken just yesterday afternoon

Still with a smile on her face. A real trooper. That is the way we want to remember her.

We both are going to miss her greatly.

RIP Graycie

Resized_20221003_114526.jpeg

Resized_20221113_103845.jpeg

Our  cat sitter brought over this group pictures yesterday after hearing Graycie wasn't good.  Such a nice young lady to do this for us.

20221114_081219.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 34

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

It’s awful when the little ones are sick.  Must be a relief to all that he is well enough to be discharged.  Hope both grandsons recover quickly.

Just heard Dr's want him to stay at least one more night. I think oxygen levels naturally drop at night so though he seems fine during the day, they aren't totally happy with his levels at night 😔

Waiting to hear if we can go over to give them some respite 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We live on the North East coast of England.

It is about 400 miles north of Devon.

There are lots of fabulous beaches on the Durham, Northumberland coast.

One of the many places I want to visit. Last time I was up there was on our honeymoon 36 years ago 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Very sad day here,last night at 1:20 am our Feral Cat we got 4 years ago passed here at home.

Graycie had FIV and later she had Feline Leukemia, she also had to have all her teeth extracted because of infections.

Last few days she wasn't eating or drinking. I really think she knew it was time. I was with her when she passed.

My Wife is heart broken, she followed my Wife around the house everywhere,she was her shadow I used to say. She even used to sleep on my Wife's back while sleeping.She was always close to Wife where ever she was in the house.

Still with a smile on her face. A real trooper. That is the way we want to remember her.

RIP Graycie

I am so sorry to hear of her passing.  My heart goes out to you and your wife.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

RIP Graycie

Our  cat sitter brought over this group pictures yesterday after hearing Graycie wasn't good.  Such a nice young lady to do this for us.

20221114_080724.jpg

I am really sorry to read this. Fortunately for Graycie, you provided her a much better life than she ever would have had as a feral out on her own. Hopefully knowing that provides you and your wife some comfort but the loss is always hard.

FB_IMG_1661173304700.thumb.jpg.9ad06a5a6f9208efe7d625ca6eb694e1.jpg

FB_IMG_1658165114635.jpg.c63992c7329adc07705f5d772c097391.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

How long ago did you leave BC.  I think prairies would be hard for me to live in.  I need to see mountains every now and again.

I left after university (UBC). I was posted right across the country to Gagetown New Brunswick. I know what you mean- even though every area of the country is beautiful (except for some areas of Ontario), mountains are where I feel most at home. If there’s an ocean, even better!

My husband loves the prairies- he was born in Edmonton. We do have plans to move to BC eventually, around Osoyoos.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

36 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Just heard Dr's want him to stay at least one more night. I think oxygen levels naturally drop at night so though he seems fine during the day, they aren't totally happy with his levels at night 😔

Waiting to hear if we can go over to give them some respite 

Always hard when little ones aren't feeling well.  Hope he is well enough to go home soon.  Looks like it's going to be a long winter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

RIP Graycie

20221114_081219.jpg

Sorry for your loss, amazing how they work their way into our lives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I hope your grandson improves enough to go home soon and the baby feels better too.  Poor Mom & Dad must be exhausted.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

... We both are going to miss her greatly.

RIP Graycie

Hugs to you and your wife in the loss of your sweet Graycie.  She was a lucky kitty to have been a part o of your family.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Lots of chat here on news sites that there should be a disclaimer that it is fictional, based on true events. Former Prime Minsters depicted saying that conversations between them and then Prince Charles are pure fiction but show PC in a bad light for instance. 

Personally I think that now its more up to date and people shown are still alive they should put out a disclaimer before each episode. 

Haven't started watching yet but I will at some stage

I am not quite "at home"😁 with the new actress portraying Her Majesty. I loved Olivia Coleman playing the role.

I hear you about the disclaimers.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hope they are both feeling better soon.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm happy he is feeling better and is now discharged. There sure has been a lot of stuff going around. Our Children's hospital here is packed with kids having RSV issues.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

RIP Graycie

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Graycie. I hope you have comfort in knowing that you gave her a great life of love, food, warmth and security. She will live in your hearts forever.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2