Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

All of the presents for the grandkids are placed near the tree, because there isn’t room under.  Eleven gifts for each.   That isn’t spoiling, is it.  

Spoil them rotten. That's the best part of being grandparents, and we've gainfully earned the "right" to spoil them 😘

Curious as ever... will the "distribution" of gifts take place BEFORE your "migration" south?😉

• Like 6

Busy busy around our house.   I had a great time at our christmas office party Friday.   Food was delicious.

Saturday I spent Christmas shopping at Macy's, Kohls and Ross as well as food shopping.

Finished up online shopping this afternoon.

This morning we picked up our Christmas tree.  While Eric set up the tree and put the lights on I baked some tollhouse and peanut butter cookies...more to do this week...rum balls, fudge, oatmeal raisin (Sorry for those that hate raisins)

Brought out tree decorations, did weekly laundry and made a big batch of stuffed peppers.

Kitchen looked like a storm hit it, but all cleaned.

Finally, sitting down and enjoying all the 

Beautiful photos everyone posted this weekend.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Hanukkah at my son's house, with the other pair of grandparents 🕎

image.thumb.jpeg.00c035c6c31c52500ccc3b349f8f48a9.jpeg

OOO besides the sweet happy faces,  I see some yummy sufganiyot (jelly donuts), traditionally a staple especially in Israel!  Following is a short explanation:

Why do we eat latkes (fried potato pancakes) and sufganiyot (jelly donuts) on Chanukah? The short answer is because the holiday of Chanukah is about the small jar of oil miraculously lasting for eight days and therefore, frying foods in oil commemorates that miracle

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you,Arzeena

I keep quoting the wrong posts.  I meant to quote Lenny to wish Toby success on her upcoming procedure.

I notice 2 changes when I post on CC.  One is that when I click the next page, it brings me to the bottom of the next page, not the top.  Not a major biggie.  Second change is that as I'm typing, words pop up in grey, continuing what I'm typing. Clicking "enter" does not work.  I just have to type over the text CC is offering.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

OOO besides the sweet happy faces,  I see some yummy sufganiyot (jelly donuts), traditionally a staple especially in Israel!  Following is a short explanation:

Why do we eat latkes (fried potato pancakes) and sufganiyot (jelly donuts) on Chanukah? The short answer is because the holiday of Chanukah is about the small jar of oil miraculously lasting for eight days and therefore, frying foods in oil commemorates that miracle

I keep quoting the wrong posts.  I meant to quote Lenny to wish Toby success on her upcoming procedure.

I notice 2 changes when I post on CC.  One is that when I click the next page, it brings me to the bottom of the next page, not the top.  Not a major biggie.  Second change is that as I'm typing, words pop up in grey, continuing what I'm typing. Clicking "enter" does not work.  I just have to type over the text CC is offering.  

Thanks,Bonnie

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Spoil them rotten. That's the best part of being grandparents, and we've gainfully earned the "right" to spoil them 😘

Curious as ever... will the "distribution" of gifts take place BEFORE your "migration" south?😉

Yes, all the presents from us were opened today.  It has been pretty typical for us to celebrate with daughter and her family about a week before Christmas.  We usually take 3 days to make the 1200+ mile drive to Ft. Lauderdale, then the kids and grandkids fly in to join us, and we have done this for several years now.

• Like 6

Speaking of jelly donuts, Charlie loves the ones they make in ShopRite.  This week they had none so my daughter went to Dunkin and they had none. Poor guy doesn’t ask for much so we sacrificed and my daughter and I took ourselves to Krispy Kreme and they had jelly donuts!! Forced myself to get my favorite cream filled and now I am on a sugar high😳

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate.

My daughter, son in law and grandkids made it here yesterday.  Spent a while on the beach today, in the 50s but sunny and very little breeze, figured the kids would play in the sand, but they wanted to feel the water.  This was a while later, both came home quite wet, fun time overall.  Mother in law is coming for dinner tomorrow and we will do presents then.  @h20skibum our grandkids only have about 8 gifts each, and no it definitely is not spoiling them, we, and them, deserve it.  

facebook_1671412529111_7010412256504044711.thumb.jpg.9a027052fcc587fa82ffc3c33cb1d64c.jpg

• Like 17

8 minutes ago, akcruz said:

My daughter, son in law and grandkids made it here yesterday.  Spent a while on the beach today, in the 50s but sunny and very little breeze, figured the kids would play in the sand, but they wanted to feel the water.  This was a while later, both came home quite wet, fun time overall.  Mother in law is coming for dinner tomorrow and we will do presents then.  @h20skibum our grandkids only have about 8 gifts each, and no it definitely is not spoiling them, we, and them, deserve it.  

facebook_1671412529111_7010412256504044711.thumb.jpg.9a027052fcc587fa82ffc3c33cb1d64c.jpg

Great picture!!❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Busy busy around our house.   I had a great time at our christmas office party Friday.   Food was delicious.

Saturday I spent Christmas shopping at Macy's, Kohls and Ross as well as food shopping.

Finished up online shopping this afternoon.

This morning we picked up our Christmas tree.  While Eric set up the tree and put the lights on I baked some tollhouse and peanut butter cookies...more to do this week...rum balls, fudge, oatmeal raisin (Sorry for those that hate raisins)

Brought out tree decorations, did weekly laundry and made a big batch of stuffed peppers.

Kitchen looked like a storm hit it, but all cleaned.

Finally, sitting down and enjoying all the 

Beautiful photos everyone posted this weekend.

Sounds like a very productive day and your baking sounds delicious.  Love rum balls especially and the cookies you baked including the ones with raisins 😀

I missed our Christmas party this year due to cruising.  After a delicious lunch like yours, they did axe throwing.  Would love to try that.  Asked the organiser if it will be at the same venue again.  She said yes but next time she might organise laser skirmish.  Haven’t done that either so keen.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, akcruz said:

I love black and white family photos.  Lovely that you had good weather for beach play whilst celebrating with your family.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Just got home from my ride. This is why we New Englangers live where we do...

20221218_140019.thumb.jpg.29d8a157c41535269b034fce0eaed34a.jpg

20221218_140222.thumb.jpg.6768010f244ec1c9b4576264b19da30f.jpg

20221218_140236.thumb.jpg.c7de7b767c7912b286589c838bbc0163.jpg

20221218_140253.thumb.jpg.a15bad7933e691f789c7a6634ec65f45.jpg

And a different view of my dear friend's house...

20221218_140046.thumb.jpg.0309f23117444d628cffd40703e04510.jpg

Beautiful photos.  I read that your BFF has quite the extensive property portfolio.  Is that just her 17.75 million weekender for Fourth of July parties?

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

All of the presents for the grandkids are placed near the tree, because there isn’t room under.  Eleven gifts for each.   That isn’t spoiling, is it.

This brings back memories.  My maternal grandparents would bring the presents over to our house a few days before Christmas.  They had an old Chevrolet Caprice Classic station wagon, and the back of that thing was FULL (with the back seats down, so it was the entire wagon part full of gifts).  

As for spoiling, that's the law for grandparents, isn't it???

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I said 5 minutes for them to open all of them, and Susan says 10.  I think I will be closer. 

So, who won that bet?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I may have shared this here before, so sorry if it's a repeat.  

Growing up, I *hated* oatmeal raisin cookies with a passion.  I was a fat kid, and I LOVED sweets (now I'm a fat adult, and I still love sweets!), but I would always turn down any offer of an oatmeal raisin cookie b/c I thought they were awful.  

Then, as an adult, for whatever reason, I tried one again, and LOVED it!  Turns out that it's not oatmeal raisin cookies that I hated, it was my mother's oatmeal raisin cookies that I hated!!! 

I figured out that normal people put butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon (and maybe even nutmeg!) in their oatmeal raisin cookies, so that they actually have some flavor.  Who knew?  (Not my mom, evidently!)  I swear, my mom's cookies were probably little more than flour, oats, Crisco (the white kind, not the butter flavor), and eggs.  They were dry and bland, with raisins.  BLECH!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

This brings back memories.  My maternal grandparents would bring the presents over to our house a few days before Christmas.  They had an old Chevrolet Caprice Classic station wagon, and the back of that thing was FULL (with the back seats down, so it was the entire wagon part full of gifts).  

As for spoiling, that's the law for grandparents, isn't it???

So, who won that bet?

Susan did.  They took their time opening them this year

• Like 3