The Daily for Tuesday May 19, 2020

richwmn

today is National Devil's Food Cake Day and World Plant a Vegetable Garden Day

Drink Canada Dry!  You might not succeed, but it *is* fun trying.

Meal suggestion for today - Lighter nachos

At Sea Atlantic Ocean
Veendam destination Cape Town eta 5/23
Zuiderdam destination Walvis Bay eta 5/23

At Sea Indian Ocean
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Reuinon eta 5/28
Volendam destination Port Louis Mauritius eta 5/23

At Sea Pacific Ocean
Maasdam destination Labuan Malaysia eta 5/27
Noordam destination Manila 5/23
Westerdam destination Singapore eta 5/25

Cape Town Anchorage
Rotterdam

La Paz Anchorage
Oosterdam

Manila Anchorage
Eurodam
Amsterdam

Puerto Vallarta
Koningsdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

• Like 4

Good morning.

Thank you for the Daily Report.

I'll be planting some things in my vegetable garden soon, it's starting to warm up here!☀️

And devil's food cake sounds good too.

Cheers to drinking Canada Dry.🥂

Stay healthy.

• Like 2

Thanks Rich for our daily update.

Garden is already planted, but still need some more to replace what the animals eat 😀

I still have Red Velvet cake to finish up.

I love the Canada Dry quote, I remember being at the Tower of London and having one of the Beefeaters make the same remark.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Daily! Canada Dry is really the best ginger ale around and I'm pretty sure Devil's Food Cake is my national food, so that just might be dinner tonight.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Good morning my fellow Dailyites! Denise & Joy hope all Is well! Lots happening with personal or family moves for you two!

I wonder when International Key Lime pie is? Not that I do not like devil’s food cake.

My neighborhood critters would eat my veggie garden before I had a chance to enjoy the fruits of my labor, so I will stick with my local Farmer’s market.

I am doing eggplant cutlets tonight with homemade sauce and roasted veggies. I am going to try out my local gym this afternoon to see how well they are managing the reduced capacity reopening. I have a few pounds to lose - they just appeared out of nowhere!😱

Stay well everyone!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I wonder when International Key Lime pie is?

Sadly, today must be "Patience is a virtue day".  National Key Lime Pie day is not until September 26.  I hope (but doubt) the daily will be going to more mundane things by then.

Roy

• Haha 1

Good morning Rich, thanks for the Daily. Fun reading quote of the day.

Cat and Denise, I got up at 2:30 am yesterday and started packing with a vengeance. Had chores and errands and realized it was dinner time!

Allen wants fish tonight. Cat eggplant cutlets sounds great. I need to try them sometime. 

Everyone take care, don't go crazy out there, we're still not out of the woods. Xx

• Like 2

Thank you for the Daily!

I need to plant a few more vegatables once the rain clears. Temps are good for it now. Firmly in the 70's. 

As a kid, my mom started me drinking Canada Dry on airplane trips. Pretty much the only place I ever had it. Not until I was older did I understand why. It is good for settling a wobbly tummy. So now it is a tradition I have passed on to my own brood and yes, the taste of Canada Dry makes me think of travel. I love that. 

We get to go out to eat tonight (queue the angelic choir). We are all prepared with our masks, wipes, and Purell, or " Paper Cut Detecting Gel" as we call it. Looking forwards to someone else cooking.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Thanks for the Daily! Canada Dry is really the best ginger ale around and I'm pretty sure Devil's Food Cake is my national food, so that just might be dinner tonight.  And wine.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Try a Moscato with your cake! Greetings from BC

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, VennDiagram said:

We got the veg garden mostly done over the weekend.  And I do have a Devil's Food Cake mix in the house.  Thanks @richwmn

thanks for the daily report, Rich 🙂

Yay on Canada Dry. I’m drinking one as we speak 😉 

The vegetable garden has to wait until tomorrow.  Frost warning tonight <sigh>

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Sadly, today must be "Patience is a virtue day".  National Key Lime Pie day is not until September 26.  I hope (but doubt) the daily will be going to more mundane things by then.

Roy

Whenever the fleet gets back to a regular schedule, I doubt that I will be allowed to omit the quotes and meals.

• Like 5

Thanks for the Daily, Rich.  I was wondering about those lighter nachos, Copper!  Now I know....  

I prefer wine, but if I have to, I'll drink Canada dry.

d8b4127b65eb9cccc367895aba6d095a.jpg.35323cd547c8e69bcb57abce19624f4a.jpg

Forgot to say, my lettuce is already starting to bolt, and my beans have sprouted (all in pots, as we just have a little courtyard.)

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Whenever the fleet gets back to a regular schedule, I doubt that I will be allowed to omit the quotes and meals.

You have set the bar high. Thanks Rich for all you do. It does create a bright spot in the day. 

• Like 2