GOT REFUND TODAY

shipndip60

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I'd be interested in knowing how many of those who filed chargebacks have been made whole versus how many who waited the 60 days got their money back.  I wonder if their files got pulled from the queue so they would go to another department that deals with chargebacks.

I did not do a charge back, and mine showed up today, with post date of 5/15. I did option 2 and the 100% FCC showed up on 5/15.  My cruise was 3/15 on the Emerald Panama Canal Cruise.   The interesting note is that I originally had option 1 and just changed to option 2 by calling them on 5/8.  At that time she did warn me that, that would push me down the list, but it obviously didn’t.  I canceled on 3/10 so original items were credited to cc on 3/20..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, recia said:

Not stressing by any stretch but just asking what they really mean.  sorry if you think I am over reacting, but not that.  just asking, I guess that offended your

We have all received vague answers from Princess on this. None of know what it means. Don't take it personally.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, recia said:

But that is what they said they were doing, just can't trust what they say.  Also, I call yesterday, person said my cruise was being worked on, then after a hesitation said well it may be a while.  so what that does that mean.  

I will wait and see if they keep their word too....nobody is really saying how much these refunds are....are they $200 deposits or $50,000 that some on CC are waiting for.....still suspicious too because Princess has put out too many false statements.....until we have our major refund put back on our credit card I will not trust them......

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Princess just posted this update on their FB page:

REFUNDS UPDATE: We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. As of Friday May 15, we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our back log. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. As we respect our guest’s money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process these refunds and we should be issuing at a faster rate beginning this week. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances.

Fingers crossed!!

I'm so happy to see this.  I don't have nearly as much outstanding with Princess as I do with HAL so I'd love to see HAL do something similar. 

We received the bulk of our refund today.  It was $200 less than what we paid, which I assume is due to the FCD we used for the deposit, but the amount hasn't been added back to our Captain's Circle account, either.  In addition, we're still waiting to be refunded for shore excursions and bottled water.  I've been checking my credit card daily, and the refund showed up today, but the date of the credit is actually May 15, so there is clearly some delay in posting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I will wait and see if they keep their word too....nobody is really saying how much these refunds are....are they $200 deposits or $50,000 that some on CC are waiting for.....still suspicious too because Princess has put out too many false statements.....until we have our major refund put back on our credit card I will not trust them......

Here you go with doom and gloom again .... if people are saying they are getting refunds for cruises in that should have been in March and April then they are getting back the FULL amount of the cruise as they would have paid in FULL, not just the deposit.  I for one are happy that Princess is finally coming through on the refunds and that all your comments about how they are going bankrupt and they are stealing money and every thing else you said over and over is not coming to fruition. 

Now we just need a vaccine, then we can all go back to normal- (except PrincessLuver who will have to cruise with a different cruise line. 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I received 2 cheques, from Carnival, for a very small amount but have no idea what they are for. Just 2 different reference numbers. Its been 60 days since we finished our last cruise and I'm waiting for our onboard credit nearly $2000, consisting of cancelled tours, cancelled ports etc. to be refunded. Our cruise was cut short and finished on the 19th March. I've been patient but I would like to know what the cheques are for, especially as they are addressed to my husband and I was the account holder. Weird, you would think that a Carnival Staff Member would be working on one account and not splitting it. Is there a way of telling what the cheques are for. I can't find anything its very confusing. Also the link they gave us on the ship for Option 1 and Option 2 did not work, so the one I used may not even be the right one. Very frustrating

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Doubt that as they are part of Pause 1 according to reported embarkation dates. And so far cruisers on this thread did not charge back but waited for Princess to exit phase 1 of state mandated shelter in place. 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rickays said:

Here you go with doom and gloom again .... if people are saying they are getting refunds for cruises in that should have been in March and April then they are getting back the FULL amount of the cruise as they would have paid in FULL, not just the deposit.  I for one are happy that Princess is finally coming through on the refunds and that all your comments about how they are going bankrupt and they are stealing money and every thing else you said over and over is not coming to fruition. 

Now we just need a vaccine, then we can all go back to normal- (except PrincessLuver who will have to cruise with a different cruise line. 😁

Well as he said last week he is banning himself from cruising Princess as they are thieves, liars, dishonest, going bankrupt etc etc etc. 

😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Julia’s Journey’s said:

Well as he said last week he is banning himself from cruising Princess as they are thieves, liars, dishonest, going bankrupt etc etc etc. 

😂😂😂

With so many Princess loyalists talking about never sailing with them again, some of us poor schlubs with less than a million nights might finally qualify for the most traveled passenger brunch.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

With so many Princess loyalists talking about never sailing with them again, some of us poor schlubs with less than a million nights might finally qualify for the most traveled passenger brunch.

Or, gasp, be able to get full cruise sanctuary passes......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pleased to see some refunds coming through so I spoke to Princess Cruise Holiday Planner today and she looked into my booking and told me my refund cheque has been triggered and should arrive this week or next week.  I asked her if she was just saying this or if she was being genuine and she assured me it was genuine.  Will post again if true but it has given me some hope.

My cruise was 5th April and cancelled by Princess on 13th March.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shipndip60 said:

Like everyone else I have been waiting for my refund to show up on my cc,  I have been checking everyday and to my surprise when I checked today there it was.  My cruise was on the Emerald Princess for March 30th 15 day to Hawaii out of LA  Princess canceled this cruise I submitted my form on the 12th of April and chose option 2.  I received the FCC April 28 and today received all of my cruise fare to my cc today. 

Did Princess ever send you a breakdown of how the refund and FCC amounts were calculated?

5 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

Mine was £2,880 for a week long Sky Princess cruise.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, recia said:

WOW so asking a question is taking it personally ,  I guess I do not understand what a forum is for.  

Ignore the rude posters.You post what ever you want ( but keep it PG please)😃

The forums/threads are for info and a little venting occasionally. We are all in the same boat!!!  LOL!!

12 hours ago, rickays said:

Well.....I do not think you really know what is going on at Princess and it is OK with me if you believe everything you hear/read from Princess which has not been even remotely true these last 2 1/2 months.

People are not saying how much they are getting back and who knows who is a Princess corporate plant on these boards anyway.  All I know is we have not go back over $17,000 from them after they said 30 days and then 60 days and there is no excuse for that kind of lying. 

Here is some more doom and gloom for you.....reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaady for it.....as of now there is no vaccine for COVID-19 and may not be a vaccine and there is a good chance there may be no Princess either.  You are welcome!!!

So I love how the Princess cheerleaders keep cheering when Princess is doing very poorly with the refund score as most have reported on CC who have not received a promised refund  from their March 12, 2020 cancellations and these posts about refunds may be nothing more then Princess just throwing out some crumbs to try and quiet the natives....

However, I am glad they sent out the chocolate cake receipt email.....Priceless Princess.....Cheers!!

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Haha 2

I have two cruises (Carnival & Princess) that we are waiting for refunds on.  Neither has refunded anything and it has been over 60 days for the Carnival cruise.

Good news:  due to something read on here on cruise critic, I called the independent insurance company that I purchased the trip insurance through and they gave me a full refund - hit my credit card this morning.  Not much - $154.07, but I didn't think that I would get a refund from them.  So if you purchased your trip insurance from an outside company - call them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

People are not saying how much they are getting back and who knows who is a Princess corporate plant on the this board anyway.  

It's very easy to tell the Princess corporate plants here.  They're the ones with a black helicopter for an avatar.🤣 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1