Cruise line meeting with CDC is Today

jimbo5544

15 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

Freedom out of Galveston doesn't look good either.  My October Freedom itinerary is still showing as available.

I must have missed something today while I was out. Why is the Freedom not sailing in August?

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When I did a mock booking, the site let me do the mock booking for the Freedom leaving Sept 6th.  The cruise I am on on September 25th does not show up as an option to book.  Hopefully, they are limiting capacity for September cruises.

If you are still seeing a Freedom cruise departing September 6 that gives me hope.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

When I did a mock booking, the site let me do the mock booking for the Freedom leaving Sept 6th.  The cruise I am on on September 25th does not show up as an option to book.  Hopefully, they are limiting capacity for September cruises.

Just tried to mock book my Sept 3rd cruise, not available.  It's still on my Cruise Manager. Yesterday I did a mock booking and saw quite a few interior rooms available, balconies and suites not so much. The same cruise out of Jacksonville on Sept 17th is available.  Crossing my fingers....

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

I must have missed something today while I was out. Why is the Freedom not sailing in August?

I don't know that that is the case.  As I posted above I saw my September Vista cruise from Galveston isn't showing availability for that particular itinerary in August or September as of this afternoon. Other posters then reported what they are seeing in the booking engine.

1 minute ago, bury me at sea said:

I don't know that that is the case.  As I posted above I saw my September Vista cruise from Galveston isn't showing availability for that particular itinerary in August or September as of this afternoon. Other posters then reported what they are seeing in the booking engine.

Oh OK. I have a booking on the Freedom for Aug 9th. Maybe it is sold out and that is why it's not showing up on the listing. (I hope)

2 minutes ago, Radiioman46 said:

Oh OK. I have a booking on the Freedom for Aug 9th. Maybe it is sold out and that is why it's not showing up on the listing. (I hope)

I have an October cruise booked on the Freedom.  It is still showing but it is now the first one shown as available for that specific itinerary.  It's an 8 day so isn't scheduled weekly.

I speculated in my original post that it's possible the missing August and September Galveston cruises that seem to have disappeared for the cruises I follow could be a web site glitch, or even that they have reached capacity.

6 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

I have an October cruise booked on the Freedom.  It is still showing but it is now the first one shown as available for that specific itinerary.  It's an 8 day so isn't scheduled weekly.

I speculated in my original post that it's possible the missing August and September Galveston cruises that seem to have disappeared for the cruises I follow could be a web site glitch, or even that they have reached capacity.

Well this is a head scratcher, unless I misunderstood what you said. I'm on the Carnival website right now and the ONLY September sailings that's coming up are 3 sailings: 2 for the Dream, and 1 for the Freedom. We're booked on the Freedom leaving Sept. 13, but nothing is coming up for that for available cabins to book. 

14 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Well this is a head scratcher, unless I misunderstood what you said. I'm on the Carnival website right now and the ONLY September sailings that's coming up are 3 sailings: 2 for the Dream, and 1 for the Freedom. We're booked on the Freedom leaving Sept. 13, but nothing is coming up for that for available cabins to book. 

I'm confused myself.  I have a September 12 Vista cruise out of Galveston.  I did a mock booking at around 3:30 this afternoon and the cruise wasn't there.  August cruises FOR THAT ITINERARY, were also gone.  The first one showing was an October date.

So then I did a mock booking for my Freedom cruise, also out of Galveston on 10/24.  It was there but it was the first one listed - none for August or September for THAT ITINERARY.

So I posted hoping to get verification that other August/September sailings were still being offered from Galveston.

I'm definitely confused by the various responses!

Edited by bury me at sea

Well bmas, that makes 2 of us. The only consistency I can find is the confusing inconsistencies.....if that makes sense. :classic_laugh: 

Maybe that sailing is all sold out, because they are at max capacity. I dunno....I'm going to be quiet now. 

Edited by Joe817
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Well bmas, that makes 2 of us. The only consistency I can find is the confusing inconsistencies.....if that makes sense. :classic_laugh: 

Maybe that sailing is all sold out, because they are at max capacity. I dunno....I'm going to be quiet now. 

I hear you.  I'll check my booked cruises again in the morning, but I'm headed for my quiet corner too for now.

For August cruises I have heard that people are getting offers to pay for an cabin upgrade & some are doing it. But that they are not taking new bookings for Aug. If they cancel Aug., then the cruiseline made some extra money for now with those upgrades.

Or they are trying to distance the cabins.

My wife and I have a B2B scheduled for 9/6/20 and 9/13/20 from New Orleans.  As of right now, neither cruise is showing as available on Carnival's website.  Based on recent previous experiences, the 'disappearance' of the cruise(s) from the website has been a precursor to the cruise actually being canceled....even though they both still show on my "Manage My Booking" page.

If the cruises are indeed canceled, this will be our 5th and 6th cruises canceled since the whole COVID mess started.  Trying not to be too upset...after all, it's no one's fault...but, this is starting to become frustrating...

Here's to hoping that it's just a website glitch...or Carnival imposing capacity restrictions! 🙂

Garnett

Edited by N7786W Flyer

22 minutes ago, EZ1 said:

For August cruises I have heard that people are getting offers to pay for an cabin upgrade & some are doing it. But that they are not taking new bookings for Aug. If they cancel Aug., then the cruiseline made some extra money for now with those upgrades.

Or they are trying to distance the cabins.

This happened to me in May and again for an August 31 cruise.   I received upgrade offers from 1As to balconies for very little $$, and two or three days later each cruise was subsequently cancelled.  I didn't take them up on either offer because I kinda "knew" the cancellations were gonna happen.  Too much of a coincidence to suit me;  but, hey, I got $300 OBC and FCC for each to use later, and Carnival didn't get more money out of me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

It looks to me like they are controlling capacity.

this is the most logical explanation. they just don't know yet and are leaving their avenues open. 

38 minutes ago, N7786W Flyer said:

If the cruises are indeed canceled, this will be our 5th and 6th cruises canceled since the whole COVID mess started.  Trying not to be too upset...after all, it's no one's fault...but, this is starting to become frustrating...

no one can accuse you of not being persistent

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 4:45 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

How many people do you think would be willing to fly to foreign ports to cruise on Carnival ships? I don’t know the answer but I imagine it would be significantly lower than the number of passengers who cruise on Carnival from US ports. 

I don't even want to fly to Miami that's why I paid a premium to sail out of Charleston SC.only 2 hours away.if I fly overseas it won't be for a carnival Cruise..

Just spoke to my PVP and he's saying that our cruises in September are showing as "sold out", which doesn't give me much comfort as our previously cancelled cruises were also noted in the same manner before they were canceled.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Garnett

Same thing happened to me on an August 9 cruise out of New Orleans.  Hope I am not the bearer of bad tidings, but it looks like Carnival is not ready to sail in August and maybe even in September and those cruises are going to be canceled (CDC meeting might not have gone very well).  I still have hope that my December 12 cruise will go off, but at this point, who knows.

7 hours ago, BroadwayGirl said:

September on the Pride is now missing with cruises starting now in October.  Kind of expected this if this is pushing back the restart.

Don't know if you are in the Facebook group for the Sept Pride cruise on the 6th but someone messaged Carnival and got a response along the lines that "They are looking at their plans to sail this summer and have removed sailing so no new bookings can be made until they get 'clarity' on the situation". 

Same thing happened with our Legend sailing. They disappeared on a Friday, the next Monday, all Europe was canceled. I am not holding out hope.... when I saw they were gone, I started looking for where to move my $ to next, as this was an impulse booking because darn.. we need a vacation! 

Thought about October, but then I actually realized that I don't want to go through this AGAIN. Will only be my 2nd time, but a 3rd one canceled.. I don't know how some of you are handling so many canceled! So my front runners are 2 choices in mid-November, or 2 in early or mid December. Alas as the year goes on, my vacation time becomes more and more limited in choices as my workplace "bids" in November, and I did't start with them until last December and my department allows a max of 2 people scheduled off per week (there is only 14 of us..) 

Or option #2, give up for the year, see if I can just move the $ to my Panama I rebooked from my 1st cancellation, upgrade to a Vista on our 2021 Panama Canal for only $1000 more owed but not until August of 2021! 

15 hours ago, jakeT said:

Cruise lines really don’t have a great reputation for caring about its passers.  
norovise was a problem they never wanted to solve.  Only when it hit the news that 100 people got sick that they actually did something.   

Please.  Cruises are no different than anything else, you just get to see the end result due to a captive audience.  On land it spreads just as fast, you just have 100 people sitting at home all alone thinking they caught a 'stomach bug' not knowing 99 other people have symptoms who visited the same restaurant, store, ect.

• Like 1