Have You Ever Gotten Something For Free On Celebrity?

Georgia_Peaches

26 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

LOL-- Holy Cow, you have a good memory ?

I'll bet you don't remember--- oops, I promised not to bring it up again.

Are we allowed to talk about our golf game on CC if we were thinking of " When will we be able to cruise again "  while standing over a 12 ft putt ? 

I never said you couldn't post what you want or as many times as you want. I was just agreeing with you on how many times you post your redundant cowboy encounter. I'm not a CC Mod so knock yourself out.  IMO you are free to talk about anything you want.  But it's your responsibility to know the CC guidelines and if you cross that line the CC Mods will take appropriate action.  Your cowboy story is not even close to the CC line in the sand. :classic_rolleyes: Peace. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

how many times you post your redundant cowboy encounter.

That IS funny ---  I got a good laugh on the " redundant " part.

( It's all just for fun )

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

so knock yourself out.

Can I assume that means write whatever you want and find out if it's within the Guidelines ?

• Haha 1

We received 2 free bottles of wine on cruises last year. On one cruise the sommelier in Luminae gifted us a bottle of Hungarian dessert wine as thanks for sharing our wines with him all week. On another our butler surprised us with a bottle of his favourite wine (Decoy) in our cabin after having a lengthy chat about wine with my husband one afternoon. Completely unexpected but so thoughtful of them both. Last fall we celebrated our anniversary on board and returned to the cabin one night to find cake and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us, and a towel animal on the bed! That's the first time I've ever seen a towel animal on a Celebrity ship! 

10 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I have received 20 Captain's Club power up points! Still waiting for the two Captain's Club Points that corresponds to. Should be here next month though. 🤣

g - how did you get 20, may I ask?

TIA and bon voyage....

We got free wi fi and free drinks when our 14 day South America cruise became a 30 day cruise due ro COVID 19. 

So you got 16 extra days of free cruising, free food, free alcohol, free Wi-Fi, free lodging and free entertainment?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

g - how did you get 20, may I ask?

TIA and bon voyage....

Bo, the "Power Up Points" (PUP) is the new program I'm sure you're aware of so: first,  my post was a tongue in cheek comment about that; second, the survey last week was worth 20 PUP but that's only 2 actual results Captain's Club points. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Bo, the "Power Up Points" (PUP) is the new program I'm sure you're aware of so: first,  my post was a tongue in cheek comment about that; second, the survey last week was worth 20 PUP but that's only 2 actual results Captain's Club points. 

LOL, thank you... I only completed one, the initial, survey AND did find that if I post to FB and Instagram there are options to get more of these points...

Which can be found under the 'PUP Thread'...

Thanks bud and bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

I did the first Power Up option, but this last one doesn't work because I don't have social media due to my job.  Guess I'll be racking up the points slowly.  🙂. First one was simply just a marketing "ploy" to gauge the thinking of the most loyal of their guests. I bought in... 🙂

2 hours ago, Argo. said:

I remember a certain invitation in Michael's club where the host did not bother to show up...

Was that on  the Reflection two day cruise December 3, 2012?  I guess you will have to joggle my memory, I do not remember that.  🤔

In 2016 did a 7 day Bermuda cruise on the Summit with my sisters. We had 2 adjoining OV cabins - the newer ones on deck 3 starboard side. We picked beverage and obc as our 2 perks for both cabins.  When we boarded, somehow one cabin also had a free Internet perk which we all shared. Don't know if this would be considered real freebie or just Celebrity IT screwing up, for once in a passenger's favor!!

Actually,  DH reminded me that we received a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries on our last Hawaii cruise from X.  We were a group of 8 and were booked through X at the Hyatt Long Beach for our one day pre-cruise.   Several other cruisers were moved to another property in San Pedro.  

Our TA had been notified of this move and she strongly lobbied X not to move us.   I think X still had us on that list and that was the reason for the treats.  We also received at least 2 phone calls from Guest Relations inquiring as to our satisfaction with everything so far.  Had no idea about any of this until we returned home and spoke to our TA.

I think it’s safe to,say all cruise lines comp things to guests and some are luckier than others.

We have had bridge tours, help deck sail always, wine etc

my favourite was the free upgrade from balcony to sky suite, some thin I’m unlikely to be able to do again

its great service by celebrity that keeps us coming back. What I don’t like are the people who purposely try to get something free and get pushy with it. one angry insisting on compensation for the smallest issue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I am like the only person in the world who has never, EVER got anything for free from those cruise companies. Not even a towel made like a bird to meet me in a cabin, not even an invitation to anywhere on the ship. Just a smile and welcome on board from some guy or lady before the ship. Please, hear me and give me something already! 

• Haha 2

There are some free cruises given for those whose cruises were cancelled due to engine problems.

We were scheduled on a back to back Infinity cruise to Hawaii from Ensenada back in 2003(?)  Two days before sail date we were informed that Infinity was going into dry dock in the Bahamas instead.  Our money was refunded plus we got two free cruises in the Caribbean on Summit.  That little bonus made us celebrity fans.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tiggertastic said:

1.      I think it’s safe to,say all cruise lines comp things to guests and some are luckier than others.

3 hours ago, Tiggertastic said:

2.      What I don’t like are the people who purposely try to get something free and get pushy with it. 

1---The only thing I got for free was a plate of their " famous  " chocolate covered strawberries ( 4 ) with a form to fill out regarding a golf shirt that was ruined in the laundry. The GR young lady even said  " Sorry 'bout that " . 

Not only that, because I wore the shirt , they deducted 50 % depreciation from the original price that they compared to a similar shirt on line.   

What the hell is it with those strawberries that everyone gets so excited about ???? 

Or, is it the " Sorry for the inconvenience you, blah, blah, "  letter that came with them ?

2--- Who do you think the people in line at GR are ??  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I am like the only person in the world who has never, EVER got anything for free from those cruise companies. Not even a towel made like a bird to meet me in a cabin, not even an invitation to anywhere on the ship. Just a smile and welcome on board from some guy or lady before the ship. Please, hear me and give me something already! 

Nothing wrong with that. Great way to start a great cruise. 🥂

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

A couple of years ago we booked a 5nt Infinity cruise and chose two perks, drinks and tips. Then I changed the tips to OBC. When we got on-board, I realized they gave me the tips too so that was a freebie. Also I got a bag of free laundry on my other cruise before I turned Elite. 

The most memorable and special freebie we ever got was on our 10th anniversary cruise. My husband got sick on one of our cruises.  He caught a cold on the flight over and started feeling sick a couple of days into the cruise (ear and sinus infection).  He was sick for a day or two and we got antibiotics from the ship doctor and he was well on his way to being mended. Our steward was very sweet and made sure he always had fluids and soup and anything else he needed.  We were also surprised with it being arranged that he could have a soak in the fancy deep tub they have at the spa along with eucalyptus salts etc and it was all free of charge.  It was really above and beyond and we really appreciated it.  

We’ve also been lucky enough to have dinner with an officer and receive some free wine, but nothing compares to that significant act of kindness that was shown to us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syrreal said:

The most memorable and special freebie we ever got was on our 10th anniversary cruise. My husband got sick on one of our cruises.  He caught a cold on the flight over and started feeling sick a couple of days into the cruise (ear and sinus infection).  He was sick for a day or two and we got antibiotics from the ship doctor and he was well on his way to being mended. Our steward was very sweet and made sure he always had fluids and soup and anything else he needed.  We were also surprised with it being arranged that he could have a soak in the fancy deep tub they have at the spa along with eucalyptus salts etc and it was all free of charge.  It was really above and beyond and we really appreciated it.  

We’ve also been lucky enough to have dinner with an officer and receive some free wine, but nothing compares to that significant act of kindness that was shown to us. 

A year ago while on a Caribbean cruise a nice bottle of Chardonnay and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered with a note from guest services. Don't know why I did not have any issues. The next evening stateroom attendant gave me an extra bottle of sparkling wine stating that he thought maybe I enjoyed it since I had finished the first one. LOL. 

20190329_181333.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, drakes2 said:

A year ago while on a Caribbean cruise a nice bottle of Chardonnay and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered with a note from guest services.

Again with those chocolate covered strawberries !

When's the last time any of us had them at home, and what's the " big deal " with them ?

If I offered you 4 -6 strawberries during a visit to our home, I doubt you would be as excited .

" Don't know why I did not have any issues."

LOL-- Perhaps they were " warming you up " for an gratuity ????