The Daily for Tuesday Jun 23, 2020

richwmn

today is Let It Go Day and Public Service Day

Politician, n.:
    From the Greek "poly" ("many") and the French "tete" ("head" or
"face," as in "tete-a-tete": head to head or face to face).  Hence
"polytetien", a person of two or more faces.
        -- Martin Pitt

Meal suggestion for today - For-the-freezer ratatouille

Wine for today - Garofoli Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi Podium vintage 2014

At Sea Indian Ocean
Eurodam destination Singapore eta 6/21
Veendam destination Benoa India eta 6/24
Zuiderdam destination Manila eta 6/25

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Lubuan
Maasdam

Manila Anchorage
Amsterdam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam out at sea off Manila
Rotterdam
Volendam

Singapore Anchorage
Westerdam - continues to be shown as "unknown" on MT and about the same
place on CM

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam moving to Schagen on 6/24

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the report.  Reminds me of the old standard:  What's the opposite of progress--Con-gress"

Eurodam is actually at Singapore Anchorage, next to Westerdam.  I think the "destination unknown" means she doesn't  have any place to go until new orders come.

I think public service should include all essential workers from grocery clerks to doctors and nurses.

Roy

• Like 3

Thanks for the Daily, Rich 🙂 

OMG on Pitt’s description of a politician.  Very accurate indeed !

Just the same, there are many people in public service that deserve our thanks.

Thanks for the meal and wine suggestion.  Another wine to research 🙂 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the report.  Reminds me of the old standard:  What's the opposite of progress--Con-gress"

Eurodam is actually at Singapore Anchorage, next to Westerdam.  I think the "destination unknown" means she doesn't  have any place to go until new orders come.

I think public service should include all essential workers from grocery clerks to doctors and nurses.

Roy

On the other ships it actually says Anchorage - like Manila Anchorage. Westerdam says unknown. I believe it is most likely because she has not reported her position in quite some time. Remember that all these services rely on reports from the ship.

• Like 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites!  Hope my CC Sisters are finding some time to enjoy each day.

I promise not to sing, but @summer slope - I am with you, the song immediately popped into my head. My 6’7” nephew-in-law does a great rendition of it. 🙃 Much to his two little girls delight.

Roy, you are correct the pandemic has redefined public service, and we need to honor them.

The quote may apply to a great many people, but there is one particular senator from a New England state who can not be trusted to keep a commitment. What a sad epitaph. 

Love a mean ratatouille. And I am going to have to look up this wine. I am having a spicy chicken patty and roasted veggies - I think. 

Stay well everyone!

• Like 3

Doing a little more investigating. Westerdam and Eurodam both updated their position around 7:55am eastern time this morning. They are about 1.5nm apart.

0623Sing.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!

I love the daily quote - very appropriate in these times.  I enjoy ratatouille once in a while, but DH isn't a fan, so I think today will be "freezer surprise".  And wine.

@TiogaCruiser  I really enjoyed your suggestion yesterday for how to keep track of the days!  LOL

Smooth Sailing! 🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Rich! Boy have I missed our Daily. Hi Cat and Denise and fellow Dailyites! Cat thank you for keeping the home fires burning while I was away.

So I loved everything about your post Rich. Love the dinner and wine selections and the quote was spot on for me this morning.

We are having quite the thunderstorm this morning and lots of rain. Great for the sod we had laid yesterday!

We have been busy the past few days with getting deliveries, buying a new car, and meeting with mason, sod guys, etc.

Our furniture gets delivered today! Almost forgot what I ordered.. It will be a surprise:} Our 4th late day in getting our moving truck from Coeur d'Alene. Hope we get it soon!!

Ya'll have a wonderful, happy, peaceful and healthy day. XX

• Like 4

Good morning, Rich and all,

Definition applicable to the times.  Would be nice to have all of them listen more and compromise more.

We had a friend that had five kids under 12 and I remember her advice when I was pregnant.  She said, "choose your battles and let the other stuff go".  It has always rung true for me.

Just bought large zucchini to stuff--not exactly ratatouille but close cousin.  

Seasick Sailor --good luck today with the big move in.  Exciting new chapter to begin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

GOOD MORNING RICH AND TO ALL ON THE DAILY!! Love Let it go day👍👍 we are definitely doing that!! Very over cast this am in Monterey but we were out early 
In the water so peaceful!! We have kayaked up close to the aquarium and watching the handlers getting prepared for the day ! My otters were all around us and the Babies are so precious. Going to do a lot of walking and hunting out antique stores and old book stores!

🦦🦦🦦

Good morning to my sisters 👯‍♀️!!!!

Miss you both. I enjoy The Daily to hear from you both. 
🌺Cat you always are an inspiration!!

You got David and I doing more kayaking 

and have brought back the joy of it👍
🌺Joy, so happy to hear from you and knowing you are doing well!! How exciting 

with all that is going on for you!! LOL, almost forgetting what you  bought for furniture!! New car, NEW LIFE!! You finally have your piece of paradise!!!

Off to breakfast and a start to a new day!

Stay well everyone!

Denise😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad news yesterday.  After almost 6 weeks without a case of Covid-19, we had one new case yesterday.  We can't hide, I guess! And the son, and his wife and daughter, of my neighbour who passed away last week will be arriving in a few days from Texas.  They will have to self-quarantine for two weeks - we just hope they will behave themselves!

I went to the grocery  store this morning early for "senior" hour.  There were only 2 people ahead of me when the doors opened, and no one behind!  Very quiet inside, so the shopping was easy.   Most of our shopping is done by DD, but she's a vegetarian, so if I want meat, I have to get it for myself.  

Thanks for the Daily, Rich.  I always make a huge batch of ratatouille every summer when the veggies are cheaper, and package it up for the winter.  Great stuff.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Our furniture gets delivered today! Almost forgot what I ordered.. It will be a surprise:} Our 4th late day in getting our moving truck from Coeur d'Alene. Hope we get it soon!!

YAY on the new furniture 🙂 A surprise is always good 😄 

Oh dear on the moving truck being so late.  I hope it gets there soon you can get setttled.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the report, Rich. It does help to remember the days of the week when I  check in every day.

It's been "Let it Go" Day here for weeks, and the house shows it. I noticed a few webs in the corners of a couple of rooms. 😵 Time to deal with that!

I am very grateful for our Public Servants-from bus drivers, grocery clerks, teachers, all the way to the politicians. I don't always agree, but I give them credit for being there, especially at the beginning of their careers. I've seen so many start with the hope of making things better. Once in, though, it changes for so many. 😞 Your quote kind of reflects that. Those that go into public service for the money, glory, power, usually show themselves out fairly early. Then the trick is to replace them with someone who has a better idea of how to help the people.

For dinner today, I think that it will be tortellini and salad.  And wine-or cider-depending on the heat.

Stay well, everyone. Have a blessed day!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

We have been busy the past few days with getting deliveries, buying a new car, and meeting with mason, sod guys, etc.

Between the purchases and the things you brought with you, do you have enough stuff to camp out in the new house or are you still hotel bound

Roy

7 hours ago, richwmn said:

Doing a little more investigating. Westerdam and Eurodam both updated their position around 7:55am eastern time this morning. They are about 1.5nm apart.

0623Sing.png

so they are about .0000000049 of a foot apart.  That’s close even for sisters. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2