Transportation from Southampton to London

sabrefan

Schedule to arrive into the Southampton cruise port on August 30, 2021 on the Crown Princess. Staying on a hotel near Trafalgar Square in London. What is the best way and most reliable way to get there? Also what would the approximate cost be? Of course if the virus is still an issue there may not be a cruise anyway.

16 minutes ago, sabrefan said:

Schedule to arrive into the Southampton cruise port on August 30, 2021 on the Crown Princess. Staying on a hotel near Trafalgar Square in London. What is the best way and most reliable way to get there? Also what would the approximate cost be? Of course if the virus is still an issue there may not be a cruise anyway.

Found a link on Ports of Call section, if you click on bold type it takes you to 5 pages of discussion

Liz 

To me it looks like a 20-30 minute walk. If it was me I would just wake up early and have a nice morning walk. These streets on the way are nice and there are plenty of coffee shops and other places for you to take a little break. Unless you have tons of luggage you should be alright 

5 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

To me it looks like a 20-30 minute walk. If it was me I would just wake up early and have a nice morning walk. These streets on the way are nice and there are plenty of coffee shops and other places for you to take a little break. Unless you have tons of luggage you should be alright 

WOW its 80 miles, how fast do you walk!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

go to the ports of call forum on this website. there is an up to date thread on there.

I have used the transfer Princess offers from Victoria Coach Station in London. Very easy if

you are in London pre cruise.

National Express from Victoria Station to Southampton terminal, very short taxi ride to the ship. Probably the cheapest way, especially if you buy tickets on line ahead of time. Easiest and most expensive is to hire private transport. We used International Friends on the way back to the airport, with stops along the way at Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge and Windsor Castle.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have used International Friends www.internationalfriends.co.uk (www.londontoolkit.com - Booking through this site is cheaper) from Southampton to my London.  

They only go on embankment/disembarkment days to/from Southampton.  They pick you up at the dock, stop at Salisbury, Cathedral, Stonehenge, Windsor then to certain London hotels, LHR hotels.  A great way to see other places before getting dropped off at the door of your London hotel.

I have also taken National Express Coach www.nationalexpress.com. Take a taxi (under £10) to National Coach station then a taxi to your London hotel.

Cruise line’s transfer to London Victoria Coach station (Same station as the National Express Coach) then a taxi to London hotel.

A private car service from Southampton to London hotel.  Check out Port of Call - Britain for suggestions for companies.

Check out Port of Call - Britain for great ideas.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sabrefan said:

We took the Princess transfer to Heathrow from Southampton last year but there is also a Princess transfer to Victoria Station in London where you could either get a Taxi or take the Tube to Trafalgar. National Express also is very reliable.

4 hours ago, texasgirl29 said:

National Express from Victoria Station to Southampton terminal, very short taxi ride to the ship. Probably the cheapest way, especially if you buy tickets on line ahead of time. Easiest and most expensive is to hire private transport. We used International Friends on the way back to the airport, with stops along the way at Salisbury Cathedral, Stonehenge and Windsor Castle.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is what we did, also.  Very inexpensive, quick, and easy.  $10 (8 GBP) Uber to Trafalgar Square

We have used National Express to and from Southampton.  it is very reliable and cheap.  We have traveled down to Southampton from Victoria Station for £5 each.  Going north, we took it to Heathrow. 

Yet another vote for Smiths.  For us from Heathrow they provided door to door services for literally $5 less than a Princess transfer.  Couldn't have been easier to book, completely via email with payment on the day of service, no credit cards to hold, super easy.  Driver was precisely on time and the service was more professional than anything I've ever experienced in the U.S. at any price.  

Smiths is the answer.  Period.

• Like 1

I just read a (glowing) review of Smiths from 3 months ago on Tripadvisor.  I don't think I want to pay $150 for 2 people.  I'd rather save $120 and spend it on something else on my trip.